PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3: ODST

Psychotic
09-05-2009, 02:58 AM
It's coming out for the 360 at the end of the month and by jove I think it'll be rather epic.

YouTube - IGN Video Halo 3 ODST Trailer Live Action Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAvOzbYEGXI) Here is the trailer. You will watch this trailer. I don't care if you have no interest in Halo or don't own a 360, you will watch this video so help me god. It is fantastic.

Anyway I'm mostly making a thread in advance so we can organise Firefight (if you don't know what that is, think Gears' Horde) and campaign co-op (4-player I believe) sessions. So hopefully any EoFFers who don't know about it or who are on the fence about it will think about getting it.

It will also come with all the Halo maps free, plus three new ones for free. And if you pre-order it, you'll also get into the Beta for Halo: Reach. You also don't need the original Halo 3 to play it! It's all good!

Madame Adequate
09-05-2009, 03:04 AM
Wait :bou::bou::bou::bou: you get into the Reach beta? I thought it was just Sgt. Johnson.

Preorder is ordered prior to release.

Momiji
09-05-2009, 03:05 AM
Let's hope they de-:bou::bou::bou::bou:ify the ranking system.

My dad and brother are really hyped about this. I'm looking forward to playing a bit of it myself (though I don't really care about the campaign).

McLovin'
09-05-2009, 04:48 AM
What is this? Addition to Halo 3?

Psychotic
09-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Let's hope they de-:bou::bou::bou::bou:ify the ranking system.They won't because matchmaking will be Halo 3. Literally. Basically you don't even need Halo 3 to play Halo 3 online anymore.
What is this? Addition to Halo 3? Sort of. It's like an expansion pack that you don't need the original game to play. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

NeoCracker
09-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Let's hope they de-:bou::bou::bou::bou:ify the ranking system.They won't because matchmaking will be Halo 3. Literally. Basically you don't even need Halo 3 to play Halo 3 online anymore.
What is this? Addition to Halo 3? Sort of. It's like an expansion pack that you don't need the original game to play. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

It's probably better described as a prequal, and a full game the an expansion pack.

Though from my understanding, it was initially intended to be DLC, and not a full game in and of itself, but I'm not a big fan of Halo and don't look much into it, so anything you hear from me should be taken with a grain of salt on this subject. :p

Quindiana Jones
09-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I will be buying this game. I'm looking forward to the whole "work as a team thing to take down enemies that can kick your ass" thing. Makes a difference to the "I. AM. SPARTAN!" attitude in the MC games.

Anybody wanna skip the practice and pre-play crap and go straight into a hardest-difficulty co-op? :bigsmile:

oddler
09-05-2009, 01:32 PM
I have no interest in Halo and I don't own a 360, but I watched your video, Psychotic. :choc2:

Psychotic
09-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Anybody wanna skip the practice and pre-play crap and go straight into a hardest-difficulty co-op? :bigsmile:God no. I've done Legendary on 3 two or three times now and I can safely say that if I did that as my first playthrough, I would hate the game.
I have no interest in Halo and I don't own a 360, but I watched your video, Psychotic. :choc2:You're a good friend, oddler. It's Hungarian, by the way! Hungarian!

Jiro
09-06-2009, 09:17 AM
That is the best trailer I have ever seen. It filled me with many emotions - wonder, intrigue, fear, excitement, sorrow. It was also very badass. I was originally going to pass over this game to save money, but I don't think that is an option any longer.

Note: I haven't actually seen a lot of trailers. But this one was pretty awesome.

CimminyCricket
09-06-2009, 09:40 AM
I can't wait to play it.

G13
09-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Anybody wanna skip the practice and pre-play crap and go straight into a hardest-difficulty co-op? :bigsmile:

Yes!

That trailer is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I wasn't planning on pre-ordering it but seeing that and hearing what that includes (I was as surprised as Milf), I think I would be a fool not to.

Oh god this is gonna be great! :excited:

Quindiana Jones
09-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Anybody wanna skip the practice and pre-play crap and go straight into a hardest-difficulty co-op? :bigsmile:God no. I've done Legendary on 3 two or three times now and I can safely say that if I did that as my first playthrough, I would hate the game.

Haha, you're such a girl. xD

Though I can totally understand. I don't think I'd've managed 3 if I didn't already know where almost everything was.

DK
09-06-2009, 03:51 PM
It comes out the day before my birthday :excited:

Madame Adequate
09-06-2009, 04:15 PM

fgj :wacky:

And yeah Legendary in 3 is actually like, hard. I can do it in 1 with my eyes closed, but 2 and 3 are another story.

Quindiana Jones
09-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Complete 3 in Legendary Solo is still one of my greatest gaming accomplishments. :)

Aerith's Knight
09-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Complete 3 in Legendary Solo is still one of my greatest gaming accomplishments. :)

You are my hero. :bow:

Also, I preordered, I'm so excited about this and Halo: Reach.

Psychotic
09-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Pfft who hasn't beaten 3 Legendary solo? :p But if you want a God, Ouch! is doing a legendary solo Iron run right now.

I prefer to play games for fun first, and then if the game is good enough, I will challenge myself on a harder difficulty. I just can't fathom how anyone would want to go in at the hardest difficulty right away. It'd just be frustrating as smurf and I'd hate the game.

Aerith's Knight
09-06-2009, 06:35 PM
*sigh* I guess you guys are far out of my league then. The best I've done is Halo 1 solo legendary. :p

Quindiana Jones
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Pfft who hasn't beaten 3 Legendary solo? :p But if you want a God, Ouch! is doing a legendary solo Iron run right now.

I prefer to play games for fun first, and then if the game is good enough, I will challenge myself on a harder difficulty. I just can't fathom how anyone would want to go in at the hardest difficulty right away. It'd just be frustrating as smurf and I'd hate the game.

I reserve my worship for the SLASOers. And way to piss all over my achievement, man. :doublecolbert:

I usually start games on Normal, and then do the same as you.

Psychotic
09-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Well why aren't you starting this on normal? ARE YOU A GODLESS HEATHEN?

What's SLASO anyway?

Madame Adequate
09-06-2009, 08:23 PM

What's SLASO anyway?

Singleplayer Legendary All Skulls On.

I think something like three people have completed every level SLASO, and last I heard maybe twentyish have done one level SLASO.

I tend to go for a hard difficulty, usually the second from hardest if there's more than 3 difficulty levels, or Hard if there are 3. Not always, and it depends on the game itself of course.

LunarWeaver
09-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Oh my, I must resist urges to troll http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/LunarWeaver/emot-golfclap.gif

Ouch!
09-07-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm going to play through the campaign on Legendary on the first time. Anyone who knows me should understand this.

I've got the game pre-ordered, but my Xbox is being sent to Mesquite, TX for repairs tomorrow morning, so I likely won't have a console to play it on. ; ;

Iceglow
09-07-2009, 12:48 AM
I am pre-ordered, and packing the girlfriends parents back off to Poland ready to kick some ass and take no names. I'm looking forwards to this, though Psy did surprise me with the whole reach beta thing I'm definitely going to be loving that. Now all I need is some time booked off from work for it.

I did try legendary with 3 skulls, well 4 if you count grunts birthday party (easier identification of hits to the face) level 1 was a mother smurfing cow to do. I had both the hp gain ones, the field promotion and the increased grenades one on. I was doing it for the meta game points, basically imagine having no choice after the first encounter to swap all weapons for covenant ones and just go through with plasma sticky bombs and plasma pistols. It was very painful though I did note that the field promotion made a rare few Brute tech spike grenades spawn throughout the level. It also made an extra grav hammer wielding brute spawn during the "free Johnson and his squad" trap segment. Yeah, ouch, plasma pistol versus brute with grav hammer, not cool. I did manage to grab a needler at times, and whilst the ammo lasted, they were the dogs nuts for it. I doubt I could do SLASO tbh.

Oh and I also hope for a patch on multiplayer to fix ranking, after many hard hours grinding up the Team Snipers (I play casually mostly, I generally am hit or miss excellent or crap in any given game, I've dominated some, sucked so bad in others that I'm surprised Psy still plays with me at times) to the officer ranks being a Second Lieutenant did not give me the XBLA for being a Spartan Officer. FUCK YOU BUNGIE! Especially considering how many stupid second accounts and cheats we seemed to find doing Team Snipers, there was definitely some people we felt were aim-botting us because how does someone, lined up for assasination (beat down to the back of the skull) without turning or running behind you get a headshot on you? Also the old version of ranking worked much better at putting people of comparable skill together. New ranking allows me to enter a playlist against full birds and brigadiers because they haven't been bothered to play that ranked playlist yet.

Quindiana Jones
09-07-2009, 09:11 AM

What's SLASO anyway?

Chances are I'll flee back to Normal after 10 minutes of the first level. But the whole point of ODST is that you're not a superhuman Spartan guy, so I'd quite like to see what the game does with this in Legendary. In 3, completing Legendary was all about patience, but in ODST, I'm hoping they'll be all sorts of things going on that mean that you can't just camp out and kill the Brutes from afar. But maybe I'm expecting too much. But if I was shot in the face, I'd wanna check out who the hell just shot me in the face, rather than just stand there all Oliver Twisty.

And like MILF said. Solo Legendary All Skulls On. Sometimes called Mythic difficulty, I think.

Madame Adequate
09-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Nah Mythic is just Mythic, all Covies have double health :p

Jiro
09-07-2009, 01:56 PM
I've completed a couple of levels on Legendary with 3/4 of the skulls on. I always activate the pro-covenant ones now :D

Madame Adequate
09-07-2009, 03:21 PM

fgj :wacky:

And yeah Legendary in 3 is actually like, hard. I can do it in 1 with my eyes closed, but 2 and 3 are another story.

I should correct this, on further thought. I can do 1 with my eyes closed except for bastarding aboard the bastarding Truth and Reconciliation.

Dreddz
09-07-2009, 06:42 PM
You would think they would have gotten this Halo movie off the ground after watching that ad. They completely nailed what a Halo movie should look like. Just grab Paul Verhoeven to direct and everythings sweet.

I'm definitely interested in the actual game as well. I'm hearing it has more of a Half Life feel and will be less linear than previous Halo games. Sounds awesome.

Ouch!
09-07-2009, 07:13 PM
No, he's right. Bungie recently announced Mythic difficulty is legendary with all skulls. If you play co-op, you're not allowed to have deaths at the end for it to count. Anyone who can do it gets recon.

I'm not even going to try. Before my Xbox got trashed, I was running through with just the iron skull on legendary. That alone is harder than the legendary run I completed with seven or eight different skulls. Snipers are the bane of your existence. If it gets even your little toe, you're a dead Spartan.

Quindiana Jones
09-07-2009, 08:18 PM
The toe is where his mother held him as she dipped 117 in a vat of immortality.

And yeah, as Ouch! said. Mythic difficulty, not Mythic skull. :)

Madame Adequate
09-07-2009, 10:54 PM
No, he's right. Bungie recently announced Mythic difficulty is legendary with all skulls. If you play co-op, you're not allowed to have deaths at the end for it to count. Anyone who can do it gets recon.

I'm not even going to try. Before my Xbox got trashed, I was running through with just the iron skull on legendary. That alone is harder than the legendary run I completed with seven or eight different skulls. Snipers are the bane of your existence. If it gets even your little toe, you're a dead Spartan.

Oh, fair enough then! Those crazy Bungie cats. And yeah snipers are the worst thing in the world ever on high difficulties of Halo :(

Ouch!
09-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Oh, fair enough then! Those crazy Bungie cats. And yeah snipers are the worst thing in the world ever on high difficulties of Halo :(
I think the most disheartening thing to ever happen to me in a video game was taking a sniper to the face at the end of Sierra 117 with the iron skull. I spent weeks trying on and off to get to the part where you have to rescue Johnson from the brutes, and I got sniped while I was taking out one of the other snipers.

I'm now stuck on Tsavo Highway. I got careless at the end and took a little too much rape to the face.

Hey Quin, if you've completed Legendary solo, try with this set-up: Tough Luck, Catch, Fog, Famine, Thunderstorm, and Cowbell. Famine is the most brutal of that bunch, but it's manageable.

edczxcvbnm
09-08-2009, 07:45 AM
I am getting this game when it hits. I am down for playing some fire fight. I kind of dropped off of Halo 3 online since I never bought any of the map packs but I guess ODST solves that problem for me as well.

Legendary Solo isn't that hard either. Mythic sounds epicily awesome though. Legedary with all skulls on. I could totally shoot the hell out of all the little grunts and party till its 1999 =D

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm now stuck on Tsavo Highway. I got careless at the end and took a little too much rape to the face.

Hey Quin, if you've completed Legendary solo, try with this set-up: Tough Luck, Catch, Fog, Famine, Thunderstorm, and Cowbell. Famine is the most brutal of that bunch, but it's manageable.

I always play with Catch and Cowbell anyway. Means I can spam grenades! xD

And hell no am I throwing freaking Thunderstorm on. Although the hardest parts of the game are easy with patience, Thunderstorm would totally rape me for the "easier" parts where you just have millions of standard guys. I'm awesome, but I ain't that awesome haha.

Also, which part of Tsavo Highway?

JackNapier
09-08-2009, 09:44 AM
I may get ODST, I'm not sure. I've personally grown tired of the Halo franchise as of late. If the game is very well received and everyone sings it's praises, then yeah I'll probably purchase it. If not, however, it's a pass for me.

What a lot of people seem to forget is that, no matter how awesome it may be, that trailer does not reflect upon the actual game itself aside from storyline. It's purely live action, there is no gameplay being shown whatsoever. We have been shown gameplay and some have had the chance to try it out, but what I'm seeing a lot is people saying things like "Well I wasn't going to bother with it before, but after seeing this trailer it's a definite buy!", which I don't really understand.

That being said, the trailer is absolutely wicked.

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Everything I've seen of the game makes it look like it's going to be great. I imagine the story will be less "save the galaxy" than the actual Halo, and more "save you and your mates asses". I think it'll make a nice change from the usual Master Chief Elbow Dropping a Brute from a 300 feet drop. I'm hoping it'll all feel more panicky and scary than the MC Halo games, because you won't be able to beat a pair of Hunters to death with your bare fists this time, and if you get ambushed, you're not gonna be able to quickly leap to safety.

Anyway, yeah. I don't understand why people would want to buy the game from this advert though. Don't get me wrong, it's freaking awesome. Hungarian and Welsh? Nice. But it shows almost nothing of the actual game. Like I said, I'm hoping that the reason the advert is all rushed, heavy breathing and panicky is because that's what'll it'll be like in the game.

G13
09-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Well put Quin.

Jiro
09-08-2009, 12:10 PM
The preview in Hyper Magazine coupled with the trailer has me pretty much sold. I'm going to appreciate having all those maps available too, for when I finally actually get decent internet to play :bou::bou::bou::bou: online. Goddamn Australia :mad2:

Psychotic
09-08-2009, 03:03 PM
I think it'll make a nice change from the usual Master Chief Elbow Dropping a Brute from a 300 feet drop. Game aint Prototype, son. Not that I am opposed to the implementation of this.

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Boy, you've got no imagination. And it's obvious that I was referring to the fact that the Chief can survive massive drops and can beat Brutes to death with his pinky knuckle. ODSTs get, like, sprained ankles and stuff all the time, which I'm looking forward to.

Psychotic
09-08-2009, 03:44 PM
There's gonna be health packs and I get the feeling I am going to be fucking over my friends to acquire them.

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Remind me not to co-op with you.

Psychotic
09-08-2009, 05:28 PM
You're too scared to play Halo with me and you know it. :aimkiss:

Also: Halo 3: ODST Video Game, Full-Length Exclusive Trailer HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/full-length-exclusive-halo-3-odst/55529) Extended version of the trailer now out.

Ouch!
09-08-2009, 05:52 PM
At the very end with a bunch of brutes. I got a little careless and the one thing that could actually kill me (the sniper) got a good hit in. I haven't tried seriously since losing then, and now I can't until my console is repaired.

Thunderstorm isn't that bad. The saving grace of it is it that it doesn't give any enemies any better weapons, which is really the biggest problem with higher ranked enemies. I'm also pretty sure it doesn't upgrade any enemies to hero level, so no extra hammer brutes with invincibility and :bou::bou::bou::bou: like that. Of the skulls I've mentioned, famine really is the most difficult to deal with of the bunch. You'll find yourself using a hell of a lot of weapons you never otherwise expected to.

Aerith's Knight
09-08-2009, 06:41 PM
How do you activate these skulls?

Ouch!
09-08-2009, 06:56 PM
The menu with the skulls is opened by pressing X in the campaign lobby.

Psychotic
09-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Grunt Birthday Party and IWHBYD should be automatic for any and all playthroughs.

Aerith's Knight
09-08-2009, 08:15 PM
I think I'm going to try it with Black eye, Fog, Mythic and Tough luck.

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 10:52 PM
You're too scared to play Halo with me and you know it. :aimkiss:

Haha, I haven't played online since July and I still sucked even with practice. So...yes. The saddest thing is that I got on Live to play Halo online, but then only played it for a week or so before getting bored. Ranked matches ruined my life.

At the very end with a bunch of brutes. I got a little careless and the one thing that could actually kill me (the sniper) got a good hit in. I haven't tried seriously since losing then, and now I can't until my console is repaired.

Thunderstorm isn't that bad. The saving grace of it is it that it doesn't give any enemies any better weapons, which is really the biggest problem with higher ranked enemies. I'm also pretty sure it doesn't upgrade any enemies to hero level, so no extra hammer brutes with invincibility and :bou::bou::bou::bou: like that. Of the skulls I've mentioned, famine really is the most difficult to deal with of the bunch. You'll find yourself using a hell of a lot of weapons you never otherwise expected to.

Haha, I always steal a Wraith and just plough into them from afar with the mortar. There's usually one or two left, but they're no problem. :)

May have to try some levels with Thunderstorm then. Although, I'm way out of practice. Just tried the first level on Heroic for the first time in 2 months. Died four times, and had barely any 1 hit kills with the sniper. Jesus. :roll2

Grunt Birthday Party and IWHBYD should be automatic for any and all playthroughs.

YES. Always these, Catch and Cowbell. Always.

Aerith's Knight
09-08-2009, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=Psychotic;2724728]

May have to try some levels with Thunderstorm then. Although, I'm way out of practice. Just tried the first level on Heroic for the first time in 2 months. Died four times, and had barely any 1 hit kills with the sniper. Jesus. :roll2

I can beat that, I did the same, only I hadn't played it in over a year now. Not counting a few MP games at a buddy, not for over a year and a half.

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 11:12 PM
When I played today, my sensitivity was on the once usual 7. I had no control over it and had to dial it down to 3. Freaking 3. Back up to 5 now, but my God. It's surprising how quickly you lose the knack of some games.

Aerith's Knight
09-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Weird. I've always had it at 5, even when I first started playing the xbox. But then again, I've never went higher than that.

Psychotic
09-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Haha, I haven't played online since July and I still sucked even with practice. So...yes. The saddest thing is that I got on Live to play Halo online, but then only played it for a week or so before getting bored. Ranked matches ruined my life.See there's your problem right there. Ranked matches. Don't go into Ranked matches. Ever. "But but but e-penis! I don't want to be a :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty sergeant! I want to be a Colonel!" No, you really smurfing don't. If you really must, do not do it when you're a :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty baby nubcake. Build up a hell of a lot of experience in Social first. I would gladly throw away my rank in an instant tbh. I could become a General if I wanted to - any EoFFer I've played with can testify I am better than most of the scrubs with a 50 to their names - but I don't because A) The grind would be the worst smurfing thing imaginable and B) I would only be matched up against other Generals from then on and thus every game would be smurfing hell.

Halo 3 is one of the best games ever when you play with friends in social, dicking about and shooting the :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Playing it alone and for a rank is terrible and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

In more awesome news, RvB ODST episodes:
YouTube - Red vs. Blue: ODST Episode 01 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voLCnyqW_E0)
YouTube - Red vs. Blue: ODST Episode 02 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhSwZTVK_mQ)

Madame Adequate
09-09-2009, 12:48 AM
I can vouch that Psy could easily make 50 if he wanted to, but it's a pretty diabolical road to get there. I could too (Though he's better than I am), but for the same reason I don't bother. I don't mind playing alone but yeah ranking stuff is just an atrocity.

Also those RvBs really make Firefight look balls out awesome

Iceglow
09-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Psy a 50 oh hells bells yes. DK too if he really wanted.

However I've been in games with people with a 50 next to their name they're generally speaking pricks who'll betray for a weapon they want to use because it's ok to betray your team because you have 50 skill and they don't. They'll also berate and insult anyone who doesn't perform up to their standard because they might ruin their 50 skill! OH NOES THEIR PRECIOUS SKILL! Seriously every single time I'm in a game with a 50 I feel like fucking the game up on purpose and making our team lose so he'll drop to 49 skill. Hell, one of the two 50's I have ever played against in a game I played better than him that game (it was team ranked snipers, seeing why I didn't get my achievement) my team won the game easily probably because he was the only person on their team with 50 skill and we decided he was the goal if you had a shot it didn't matter if you'd die 2 seconds after firing you took it and someone else would back you up and avenge you (the americans I was with were very good too in the 40's both had built up purely on Team Snipers too) As a result that 50 skill general just became a walking death trap for the other team since we'd gang up on him alone. We also had the fact that he got a mere 5 kills because everytime he thought he had 1 of us we'd be killed by someone else having at least tagged him.

I'm only 10 skilled because I don't tend to enter ranked matches, ok so I went to 10 skill on a slow journey up the Team snipers ranks with Psy purely I think because Psy was sick of seeing me as Gunnery Sargeant grade 2. I spend nearly ALL my online time in Halo 3 on Social in Ranked I tend to end up cussing out stupid americans who get pissy with me for being either good or bad in a game.

Psychotic
09-09-2009, 01:57 AM
I didn't care about your rank. I did it because you're my friend and you wanted your achievement. I'd be a :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty friend if I didn't want to help.

But yeah Dan and Huxley could be 50's too if they gave enough of a :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Zach couldn't, though. He's only good enough to be a 49. :aimkiss:

DK
09-09-2009, 02:26 AM
Yeah the EoFF crew has had more matches than I could possibly count where we've stuck it up the General's asses to know we could hit the rank if we wanted to (hell, I am pretty sure almost every single game of Halo we've ever played together since finishing our ranked career has been Me, Paul and a bunch of lieutenants against a bunch of generals, brigadiers, and colonels and we've done pretty well for ourselves) but it's pointless e-peen bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: at the end of the day. As Paul said I'd gladly throw it away to be able to be a Staff Captain. Hell just the satisfaction of royally pissing off the MLG loving failures who dedicate their lives solely to playing Halo 3 and being a general by totally raping them when you're a crap rank is worth not bothering with it, not even considering the amount of awful :bou::bou::bou::bou: that constitutes a ranked match on Halo. SWAT is about the only ranked playlist I can be arsed with.

Ouch!
09-09-2009, 03:04 AM
I didn't care about your rank. I did it because you're my friend and you wanted your achievement. I'd be a :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty friend if I didn't want to help.

But yeah Dan and Huxley could be 50's too if they gave enough of a :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Zach couldn't, though. He's only good enough to be a 49. :aimkiss:

I can't simply on the basis that I don't have patience. Also fuck you.

Madame Adequate
09-09-2009, 03:35 AM
Oh, have I ever told you guys about that one game I had in social against 4 generals?

Me and Barry Manilow and a couple of randoms who were like colonel or something, against 4 generals, all of whom had at least one star more than just-promoted. They come in talking like they are the hottest :bou::bou::bou::bou: since Julius Caesar took a dump, and we go at it on The Pit. We're even for the first few kills and then slowly we pull ahead, until they're on about 41 and we're on 45 or 46 - and one of them's like "Guys if we lose this they're going to rip the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of us" (None of us had replied to their smack).

We promptly win 50-47 I believe and before they're able to quit in shame I say "Oh you generals, you generals. What the smurf was that? I expected better." in the most :smug: tone you have ever heard in your life.

Psychotic
09-09-2009, 04:32 AM
Hahahah you badman. :up:

I think we had a similar time. Me and Dan got split up and he got put on a team with three Generals who had a go at him for being a 35. And I totally trashed them and Dan could hear them raging in their geordie and Irish accents at me the entire time "You're not good! He thinks he's good but he's :bou::bou::bou::bou:!"

DK
09-09-2009, 04:50 AM
haha yeah that was funny as fuck, they were all awful. I just love the way 90% of people who get to rank 50 on halo suddenly think they are gods of the gaming world who feel the compulsive need to dish out their sagely advice to all the peons they play with. and especially the ones who think that having a high rank gives them the god given right to wield all the best weapons on the map. I find it especially pleasing to betray those ones right after they have picked up their poncy sniper rifle. I find it especially amusing when they think IT'S PRO to use weapons from little hidden nub spots miles away. No it is pro to kill people in point blank range magnum fights. Not using banshees to camp on top of valhalla's base towers and snipe like a pussy.

Quindiana Jones
09-09-2009, 11:35 PM
I don't really care about stats or anything. I'm not a good enough player for that crap to matter. But I'm a total achievement junkie, especially for sexy Bungie stuff. All I need is a few more online achievements and BAM! katana. I planned on just getting the bastard LW achivements and then fleeing, but got so bored. They're such boring players, it's unbelieveable.

Psychotic
09-19-2009, 03:16 PM
The game is out on Tuesday. :excited:

We need tryouts for our Halo 3 ODST team as I believe we have a spare slot. xXx clAn EoFF sYnPaZ 420 xXx is going for the gold!

The tryouts will consist of 1 (one) of the following game types:

- MLG rules slayer on MLG Construct v3.7
- MLG Flag on Onslaught
- MLG Snipers on Sandtrap Covies
- Us torturing you in Forge for an hour.

Momiji
09-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Dad preordered the game last night so he could play as Johnson, as well as the fact he could pick it up Monday night. He's as excited as a little kid.

I might play a bit of it too.

Madame Adequate
09-19-2009, 04:31 PM

Oh god. Oh god no. Why would you even joke about such a thing. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Auricom/icon_gonk.gif

Also, just watched the newest Vidoc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRFfYoLm-QA&feature=player_embedded) and it's looking so sweet. Do want the Halo: CE vibe again.

Psychotic
09-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Are you playing with us or are you playing it with Barry Chuckle?

Madame Adequate
09-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Was gonna be with you guys but he decided to develop amnesia and not show up today, so he'll be over either Tuesday or Wednesday and you know we're gonna be all over that. The rest of the time, it'll be with y'all.

Psychotic
09-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Traitor :colbert:

Guess we really do need a fourth!

Also apparently Firefight won't have Matchmaking which is kind of devastating really.

DK
09-19-2009, 04:59 PM
You'll find out what happens to deserters in OUR army, Hobbes. Just you wait. :doublecolbert:

Madame Adequate
09-19-2009, 05:07 PM
:shobon:

It'll only be for a few hours guize don't worry!

Iceglow
09-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Traitors are not accepted even if they claim it is a Covertop! :colbert: You'll learn the price of treason the hardway MILF

Also: no matchmaking on firefight so what how will we team up with each other to show the rest of the world how it's done?

Ouch!
09-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Looks like I'll have my Xbox back on Monday or Tuesday. Great timing.

DK
09-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Who needs Huxley :love:

Ouch!
09-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Too bad my internet is epic fail, or I'd volunteer for the team. Killing aliens is my specialty.

Iceglow
09-19-2009, 10:28 PM
The only crap thing for me, is I won't be home until 21:30 or so because I've gotta get home from work but I tell you, no woman on the planet could stop me getting home asap to join you guys.

DK
09-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Too bad my internet is epic fail, or I'd volunteer for the team. Killing aliens is my specialty.

oh you're not at home :( my heart is broken

CimminyCricket
09-19-2009, 10:41 PM
OH :bou::bou::bou::bou:. This game is out?

Iceglow
09-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Tuesday, Cim TUESDAY! 22/9/09 is the day the world ends.

CimminyCricket
09-19-2009, 11:24 PM
:c\ Too long.

Aerith's Knight
09-19-2009, 11:32 PM

We need tryouts for our Halo 3 ODST team as I believe we have a spare slot. xXx clAn EoFF sYnPaZ 420 xXx is going for the gold!

- MLG Flag on Onslaught

Are you seriously organizing tryouts for a game that isn't even out yet? xD

Boy, I really have been out of the clan MP shooter stuff for too long.

Madame Adequate
09-19-2009, 11:48 PM

- MLG Flag on Onslaught

Are you seriously organizing tryouts for a game that isn't even out yet? xD

Boy, I really have been out of the clan MP shooter stuff for too long.

It's serious business AK, xXx clAn EoFF sYnPaZ 420 xXx didn't get to where it is without taking things seriously!

Also yeah by the time Steve gets online Barry will have gone so :monster:

Iceglow
09-19-2009, 11:59 PM
I might beg an early shift now you cookie monstered me xD

Psychotic
09-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Too bad my internet is epic fail, or I'd volunteer for the team. Killing aliens is my specialty.I could try for an Open NAT. ;)
I might beg an early shift now you cookie monstered me xD Good man!

Are you seriously organizing tryouts for a game that isn't even out yet? xDOh absolutely we are! You gots to get started early if you want to make the MLG Majors! :greenie:

Ouch!
09-20-2009, 04:31 AM
You get Open NAT and I'm so there, sir.

Madame Adequate
09-20-2009, 04:39 AM
What is this NAT, why am I always told mine is wrong, and how do I fix it

Ouch!
09-20-2009, 04:41 AM
NAT type has three types: Strict, Moderate, and Open. Open is ideal. Strict is awful. It usually has to do with how many/what range of ports are open, I believe. You attempt to change it by messing with your router's settings. As I don't have access to a router to fiddle with (damn school) I have to have others as Open to attempt to connect to them. ; ;

JKTrix
09-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Just thought I'd mention that I'm getting this tomorrow too. Though I don't know how far I'll get into it this week because I have finals *and* my mom is crashing with me (visiting from overseas).

After that though, I have a whole week off from school.

Iceglow
09-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm just hoping lag isn't like what it was last night but then saying that when me and Psy continued by ourselves we done Tsavo Highway with no problems had to laugh towards the end of the level when we both hijacked wraiths to end it. Pity mine gone blown up just before the very end of the level.

Madame Adequate
09-22-2009, 01:18 PM
God I have never seen lag like it in my life.

Got ODST in my hands now. Doubt I'll be able to play until much later though :(

Momiji
09-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I guess I'll see how ODST is tonight!

Psychotic
09-22-2009, 01:46 PM
I am sniffing every page of the manual right now. I just smurfing love the smell of plastic coated stuff in new games and DVDs and stuff. :shobon:

EDIT: whoops

EDIT2: Fuck me Firefight is blowing me away. Derp derp derp headshottin' grunts like a pro :aimsun: ...wait...wait what the fuck is this green :bou::bou::bou::bou: OH JESUS CHRIST WHY IS THERE A HUNTER NEXT TO ME. AND INVISIBLE BRUTES. HELP.

It really captures the desperateness of GoW2's Horde and then some.

Momiji
09-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Getting kinda excited for this for once. God knows I feel like blasting something away today. :-/

Quindiana Jones
09-22-2009, 04:08 PM
That's what High Schools are for, Momiji.

Madame Adequate
09-22-2009, 04:19 PM
EDIT2: smurf me Firefight is blowing me away. Derp derp derp headshottin' grunts like a pro :aimsun: ...wait...wait what the smurf is this green :bou::bou::bou::bou: OH JESUS CHRIST WHY IS THERE A HUNTER NEXT TO ME. AND INVISIBLE BRUTES. HELP.

It really captures the desperateness of GoW2's Horde and then some.

Hahahaha you are not wrong I gave it a shot and it was pretty tough but I was just about managing then suddenly HOLY GOD WHAT IS THIS HUNTER DOING HERE

Then I respawned inside the room the Hunter was in :(

Campaign is pretty <3 It feels so great to succeed in ambushing a patrol. Stick a brute's ringpiece from 60 feet while yelling "WELCOME TO NEW MOMBASA" :heart:

Edit: Also came across a god damn gold armored Hunter striding around and was like "Wat" as he destroyed me utterly.

Psychotic
09-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Derp derp derp headshottin' grunts like a pro :aimsun: ...wait...wait what the smurf is this green :bou::bou::bou::bou: OH JESUS CHRIST WHY IS THERE A HUNTER NEXT TO ME.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/01ODST.jpg

The incident in question. The aftermath screenshot didn't come out right but it was very very bloody.

Madame Adequate
09-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Hahahahaha smurf yes theater is going to make firefight's greatest moments that much more epic I love Bungie so hard

Quindiana Jones
09-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I WANT THIS GAME NOW. :(

JKTrix
09-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Don’t Forget to Save Before Halo 3: ODST Firefights | GameLife | Wired.com (http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/09/dont-forget-to-save-before-halo-3-odst-firefights/)

Markus. D
09-22-2009, 09:24 PM
It's the first Halo I've played.

I enjoyed what I played a lot, go buy this now.

Aerith's Knight
09-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Evading patrols as expertly as me(yeah right xD) is just as fun as killing them with brute strenght. =D

Momiji
09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
That's what High Schools are for, Momiji.

Something that won't get me arrested. :irked: Not like I'd do something so despicable anyway

Quindiana Jones
09-23-2009, 12:46 AM
You only get arrested if you get caught.

Madame Adequate
09-23-2009, 01:07 AM
You only get arrested if you're still alive.

Psychotic
09-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Me, Dan and Steve just beat it.

The ending is kind of a let-down, the story is too, but, the gameplay is pretty damned tasty.

Madame Adequate
09-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Yeah. I saw you scrubs. Three-manning it. On heroic. :colbert:

DK
09-23-2009, 01:51 AM
sorry what was that huxley i couldn't hear you over the fun the three of us were having while you were locked in a dark room on your own playing by yourself. I mean I know it hurts you that Steve is better at sniping than you but it is really poor form to take your ball and go home because of it.

anyway the story was actually worse than Halo 3's which is quite astounding. Far too short for my liking as well the map in general seemed massive and yet it was liek 4 objectives and then done. Maybe i've just been spoiled by games like Fallout 3 lately but meh. Anyway general good shooty fun I suppose. Firefight looks like it is sick even though we only managed a level and a half before Paul's internet crapped out but it looks like it is definitely gonna be the main reason for having the game.

Psychotic
09-23-2009, 01:55 AM
I think the campaign might just have been better than Halo 3's though.

No Flood, for one thing...

Madame Adequate
09-23-2009, 02:08 AM
sorry what was that huxley i couldn't hear you over the fun the three of us were having while you were locked in a dark room on your own playing by yourself. I mean I know it hurts you that Steve is better at sniping than you but it is really poor form to take your ball and go home because of it.

:cry:

Ouch!
09-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Completed it on legendary playing solo just now. I'd have to say that either I've gotten a hell of a lot better at campaign (likely) or this was just stupidly easy in comparison to Halo 3. Even not knowing what was coming, the only part that really gave me any amount of difficult was the first time you run into ghosts while escorting Virgil. It's somewhat difficult to survive when your health depletes faster than you can avoid gunfire and for some reason NPCs are morons and shoot the warthog turret in short bursts when you're surrounded by five bloody ghosts.

I have to say, I enjoyed this campaign a load more than I do Halo 3's, and for those who know how much I play through Halo 3's campaign, that's saying something. At any rate, I'll be trying out Firefight soon, I hope.

Madame Adequate
09-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Bungie.net : Halo 3 ODST Firefight Leaderboards (http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/leaderboard.aspx?player=Mister%20Adequate)

When you play a Firefight setup you're able to handle it lasts a longass time.

NeoCracker
09-23-2009, 11:39 PM
YouTube - Halo ODST in 5 Seconds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aUyF_2SZtM)

:P

Psychotic
09-24-2009, 01:25 AM
That's all very well and good but I'd prefer a link showing that the PS3 sold 3.7% more games than the Xbox 360 in the third week of April.

G13
09-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Is anyone else as pissed as I am?

I was expecting this huge fucking game and I got 5 hours of game play and a bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: ending. The game play was amazing, and the storyline was great but it seems like the only purpose for the rookie's existence was to elongate an already short game. I really think they could have made this game longer.

I tried Firefight but it was just me and one other person, but it was still pretty fun, I don't know if it will be as big as Social Matches though.

All in all it was a great game, but just as big a letdown as Halo 3 was. I'm not as excited for Reach anymore because of this.

Jiro
09-25-2009, 12:33 PM
I just noticed that this game is actually out in Australia. I almost wet myself. But I don't have enough money to buy it so I'll be hitting up the video store for a rental soon. I can't play online yet so there's no need to buy it anyway.

edczxcvbnm
09-25-2009, 02:39 PM
My friend and I were riding around on a mongoose in snipers...we got two kills before they got us XD

Psychotic
09-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Yeah campaign is short. Firefight sure as fuck isn't, though. Me and Dan got 1,000,000 points last night and it took us four hours.

G13
09-26-2009, 12:37 AM
lol I only got about 8,000. My heart just wasn't in it.

I gotta get some of you fellas' info so we can get a game going.

CimminyCricket
09-26-2009, 05:35 AM
I love this game.

Iceglow
09-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Firstly: Dan I freaking love you, that was brutally funny especially since I pictured it in your voice and all.

The game is only 5 hours or so when you're not trying to piece together the sub quest for the communications data. I've so far found 25 or so communication files out of a total 30 in the game, to get the next achievement I must find the next 5 in this playthrough (hence people you see me wandering campaign on easy, there is no point attempting to go through on heroic or legendary for this since I bump in to constant enemy patrols and snipers on roofs whilst hunting down the computers) The communications data tells the story of a 19 year old girl called Sadie who is the daughter of the superintendent's caretaker or something like that basically he works in close unison with the citíes AI system, it takes place during the initial covenant assault on New Mombasa and basically features her events which include being the victim of attemted rape by the police commisioner, who strangely just keeps comming back again and again it's actually ridiculous but I will complete it because I am a freak about getting things completed.

In doing this pointless sub quest from the game I've found several cool things, ofcourse most will know about the dead Elites in a couple of places however I also found 2 Engineers with no Brutes nearby (they're in a garden like room between 2 buildings where there are dead Elites in the grass) this leaves them invincible and kinda fun to use for target practise. I remember Paul and Dan were shooting at the Engineers in campaign when we went through whilst I ended up blowing up the Brutes nearby, I will tell them this here, don't bother just kill the Brutes (who viciously have an overshield so sticky tactics work well) and the Engineer self destructs giving you the kill. I have the Naughty, Naughty achievement but I am not sure what the Good Samaritan achievement requires me to kill, I have killed by now tons of Engineers as my big search continues I know that it cannot be these things, the only other new things I've encountered were a upgraded leader of the flying buggers what had a shield and plasma rifle during Data Hive and a gold armoured hunter leader (urgh I believe he also had a shield, still died in a couple of sticky grenades however so not so bad) I can't see them wanting us to kill 20 of these new leader units since they appear so rarely and the kills generally have to be in 1 playthrough of the game/mission. I've also unlocked many caches now, some contain just the usual SMG, Mag, Frag combination however some I have found contain other weapons I now have access to caches including missile launchers, sniper rifles and mongoose quad bikes. I've so far only encounted 2 Hunters in the streets of New Mombasa which is disappointing as having them pop up makes for an interesting fight especially if I've got low ammo in my guns from not having visited a cache in ages or having used covenant weapons to take out multiple patrols.

Oh and Firefight is awesome, I've not done as much as the other two (Paul and Dan ofcourse) but then they've not spent as much time exploring New Mombasa as me so fairs fair, I believe Paul has at the moment 5g more from this game than me and I can pick that up easily enough. I love the Firefight mode but the other day when I couldn't just hook up with Dan and Paul in their 4 hour session of Firefight without ending it kind of sucked I think it'd have been awesome if Bungie included some way of someone joining on invite at the end of a wave/round of combat just in that quiet time have the game announce "Friendly Reinforcements" and the new player join in since currently a streak has to be ended to get further friends involved. Anyone who accepts invites to firefight mode and is waiting for the friendly reinforcement spawn could merely hang around watching the round currently taking place that'd be pretty sweet in itself.

Madame Adequate
09-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Yeah Bungie need to rethink some stuff with Firefight like the lack of matchmaking and not being able to join when it's in progress. I can only assume they had good reasoning for their choices as they did basically invent modern console gaming so they're not nubs at design, but it's blatant oversight right here.

Iceglow
09-26-2009, 11:30 AM
The lack of matchmaking isn't as bad as not having drop in drop out play for firefight if you ask me, drop in/drop out means people who have the time can continue their survivor streak for as long as they wish whilst the rest drop in and out as available. Though I can see how it could be abused in terms of achievements, someone who has played for 4 hours or so and gotten more than the 200k points for the achievement has someone join for a round then quit because they got their achievement rinse and repeat but then thats just like saying on the be like marty one you get a second person put it on easy and one kills and then once the achievement is done you quit and rinse repeat for the other guy.

Edit: FOR GODS SAKES MAN! Ok so the communication files are really beginning to grate my nerves, I've covered the map of New Mombasa 2 times at least TODAY I've been searching for 3 days as well so you can imagine it's not easy to find them, 26/30 files found 4 more and I can avoid doing that again for the rest of my life. I found one today, getting increasingly difficult to find them. I hate this about me, I am now so close to finding all of them I don't dare stop for fear I'll never remember where the rest were :S

Also managed to get my mitts on a Ghost it spawned with some grunts and thus I have been using that at times, reminds me must head back to the hidden cache to check no cov nicked it, though it's parked next to 2 mongooses and I'm yet to see a brute on one of those.

Shiny
09-28-2009, 04:05 AM
I'll get this in like two years or something. :freak:

I can't be bothered to play consistently which is why I usually suck. Social matches are more my thang rather than playing storyline and ranked. But, there are really random spontaneous times that I am good. Just pray that I'm on your team during those times.

CimminyCricket
09-28-2009, 06:25 AM
I thought it was really short. :c\

Ouch!
09-28-2009, 06:33 AM
Solo legendary makes it less short. Try that.

Aerith's Knight
09-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Solo legendary makes it less short. Try that.

This.

...>_<

Madame Adequate
09-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Hahaha that mini-Firefight outside the ONI building is retarded on solo legendary.

But when your combination of tactics and accuracy pays off, you feel like you were just manually stimulated with $100 bills.

Quindiana Jones
09-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Rye has stimulated MILF manually with $100 bills many a time, so the geezer knows what he's talking about.

Iceglow
09-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah I owned those audio files in the end, 29 in the streets, 1 in data hive. You get to find Sadie's dead dad in the iced up control room area, it also lets you shoot the cop that partners with you.

Vice Nebulosa
09-29-2009, 04:17 AM
What, O'Donnell and Salvatori actually got around to producing some original music for Halo 3? :rolleyes2

Halo: Combat Evolved was a solid soundtrack; one might even say an exceptional soundtrack within the FPS genre, but composing huge orchestral suites for supplemental purposes, while keeping the same basic music for the soundtrack's core does not an original soundtrack comprise. Looking at you, Halo 2, and Halo 3 is an even higher-profile offender. I swear, reprocessing one soundtrack twice must have been quite a laid-back gig for the popularity it has garnered. =\

The composers have something to prove here. I should give it a listen, if it is available for ("inexpensive" <_< >_>) download. And as I understand it, someone in the apartment already has the process underway. ^_^

Madame Adequate
09-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Why would they completely overhaul the soundtrack? The series is the same, both in name and in basic elements; keeping the same soundtrack, or at least its most iconic motifs, isn't lazy, it's artistically valid. This is compounded by the fact that the main theme is rather quality.

That said the soundtrack of ODST is wonderful, especially the segments when you're the Rookie.

Iceglow
09-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Why would they completely overhaul the soundtrack? The series is the same, both in name and in basic elements; keeping the same soundtrack, or at least its most iconic motifs, isn't lazy, it's artistically valid. This is compounded by the fact that the main theme is rather quality.

That said the soundtrack of ODST is wonderful, especially the segments when you're the Rookie.

I agree with the part about the halo soundtrack being decent, the MJOLNIR Mix of HALO's theme is still the second hardest song I've ever played on GH 3 mainly for the sharp changes on notes and it's massively unforgiving nature, miss one held note and you're pretty much boned. Still. Halo has an awesome soundtrack, and during ODST wandering the city at night whilst most took part during the uncomfortable silence of the streets the music pieces randomly popping up ALWAYS make me prepared to fight anything.

Vice Nebulosa
09-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Why would they completely overhaul the soundtrack? The series is the same, both in name and in basic elements; keeping the same soundtrack, or at least its most iconic motifs, isn't lazy, it's artistically valid.

Hey, mate. Long time no see.

As for the discussion at hand, we are agreed to a point. The Metal Gear Solid series of soundtracks is one I would cite to support that kind of argument; each of the four main OSTs retains certain common themes (the . . . main theme, primarily <_<), each time remixed a bit to serve as musical banner-carrier as the specific game demands. The remaining songs, though, invariably go towards the composer's effort to create a soundtrack which stands on its own -- mindful of its roots and yet worthy of their originality. Whatever takes place within the game itself and its plot, I am accustomed to having a soundtrack series develop considerably more than does Halo. There is a parallel there, you know; the soundtrack, which does little in the way of evolution or deepening . . . is the musical manifestation of Master Chief. :eek:

Similarities (identicalities?) in gameplay aside, no story that can be told three times with the same basic music is worth three soundtrack releases, and arguably is not worth telling more than once. Don't misunderstand; the main theme is quite a dramatic, haunting piece, and the truly original portions of the Halo 2 soundtrack, for instance (the vocals-removed version of "Blow Me Away" would be nice, and the aforementioned orchestral suites and the new Flood theme), are all worth their considerable listening times. Just not enough. =\ Who, really, is interested in hearing the umpteenth slight rearrangement of "On a Pale Horse"? :roll2 I will admit that "Brothers In Arms" and its various clones fail to get old with such speed, though.

Aerith's Knight
09-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Buttrape; definition: 2 hunters on solo legendary with skulls on.

I HATES THEM! AAARGH! Always, one dead, the other rushes me.

edczxcvbnm
10-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I beat the game and this was my favorite Halo solo experience. It wasn't overly long. It had all the variety that I wanted. It told a pretty cool story about a group of troops. Being in the city during and after all the conflict is really cool to see how things changed and the audio clips tell a nice additional story.

I must say that solo legendary on the last part of the game was annoying...mainly because the computer can't shoot for :bou::bou::bou::bou: on the turret. Then if you get on the turret he never gets back on and refuses to drive.

Ouch!
10-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I must say that solo legendary on the last part of the game was annoying...mainly because the computer can't shoot for :bou::bou::bou::bou: on the turret. Then if you get on the turret he never gets back on and refuses to drive.
Too right. Shoot the god damn ghost. Why are you stopping? It's still there!

Aerith's Knight
10-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Finished on solo legendary with three skulls. Whoooo.

Skyblade
10-05-2009, 11:59 PM
I beat the game and this was my favorite Halo solo experience. It wasn't overly long. It had all the variety that I wanted. It told a pretty cool story about a group of troops. Being in the city during and after all the conflict is really cool to see how things changed and the audio clips tell a nice additional story.

I'm a bit worried about the "It wasn't overly long" bit there. I was thinking of getting this for my 360 (haven't played a Halo game before), but I wouldn't be playing multiplayer at all. Is it too short to bother with as a purely single-player game?

Ouch!
10-06-2009, 12:04 AM

I'm a bit worried about the "It wasn't overly long" bit there. I was thinking of getting this for my 360 (haven't played a Halo game before), but I wouldn't be playing multiplayer at all. Is it too short to bother with as a purely single-player game?
Depending on what difficulty you want to play it on, you'll likely get anywhere from 5-9 hours play time out of the campaign mode. That said, I'd never recommend buying any Halo title as a purely single-player experience anyway.

edczxcvbnm
10-06-2009, 07:22 AM
MAN! I don't even play the Walo 3 single player any more but the DOST is just right. I forsee my self playing the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of this for millenia to come! WHy doesth every one gotta be down ont he damn shorter games. I would rather play through punch 1 billion ti mes beftore I pick up X3en9osaga agin! Shorter isn't necessarily bad.

Madame Adequate
10-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Depending on what difficulty you want to play it on, you'll likely get anywhere from 5-9 hours play time out of the campaign mode. That said, I'd never recommend buying any Halo title as a purely single-player experience anyway.

The original Halo is an exceptional single player experience but yeah the others you need friends for.

Aerith's Knight
10-06-2009, 04:04 PM

The original Halo is an exceptional single player experience but yeah the others you need friends for.

Original Halo stays fun, and with friends the enjoyement time triples. =D

Quindiana Jones
10-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Hah. ed was clearly drunk.

I Don't Need A Name
10-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Too right. Shoot the god damn ghost. Why are you stopping? It's still there!

Thats why finding the hidden rocket launcher is good fun =D

Ouch!
10-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Well yes. I know about the rocket launcher now, but the first time through...

Aerith's Knight
10-07-2009, 07:42 AM
I only found the hidden rocket launcher for the first time on legedary. xD

Iceglow
10-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Tonight was pretty epic. Psy and myself "survived" firefight mode on the level set inside the uplift reserve. By survived I mean we completed every possible set. We had ALL SKULLS on in the end. Though certain notable tough spots were when we went through with Tilt and several other skulls on and I had to use a mauler to kill a gold armoured hunter, Chopper madness, including the quadruple chopper splatter medal Paul got, Wraith watch, watching for spawning wraiths. Hero medals achieved by Psy where we were truly cutting it close to the wire, though in a previous game I got the hero medal, Invincible medals, killing drones with SMG with all skulls active (basically you're talking 1 clip a drone) We didn't see the point in continuing the spree once we'd completed the set with all skulls on, yes we could have seen how long our 4 lives would last but frankly we'd gone and survived 8 sets on firefight.

(dear god, I think even getting so far as the achievement in legendary for the vidmaster challenge will be a nightmare)