PDA

View Full Version : 360 or PS3: Which are you more likely to buy it for?

Drake Alamo
09-05-2009, 07:08 AM
I've been wondering whats the general consensus of all Final Fantasy players black or white ( 360=White PS3=Black ) and which system they actually intend to buy the game for.

NeoCracker
09-05-2009, 08:05 AM
If I had both systems still, got rid of my 360, I'd still get it for the PS3, for four reasons.

1) Versus XIII, to my knowledge, is still exclusive to PS3.
2) I preffer the controller.
3) I only need to worry about one disc instead of 3 plus.
4) Bluray disks are more durable.

Crimson
09-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Even though i'm getting a 360 this christmas to go along with my PS3, i'd have to say PS3, it just wouldnt feel the same any other way.

Dreddz
09-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Ill be getting it for PS3. Because I'm a fanboy.

Formalhaut
09-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Although I will miss the Nostalgia of multiple discs, I will have to say PS3.

The Controllers better, FFs natural home is on the PS, and I don't have a 360 :rolleyes2

Rostum
09-06-2009, 12:35 AM
I plan on getting a PS3 Slim instead of a Xbox 360, so I will be getting it for PS3.

sdm42393
09-06-2009, 03:52 AM
FFs natural home is on the PS

If that's the case us Wii owners should also be getting XIII.

Gilghamut
09-06-2009, 07:07 PM
PS3 because I'm so used to FF being on Sony's consoles. Also, because to show support for the Blu-Ray version which has more storage -- more things can be put on it -- than the DVD-9s without having to go multi-disc and thus possibly compromising the original design of the game.

Raebus
09-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I have both the 360 and PS3 but i'll probably end up buying it for the 360.

Croyles
09-07-2009, 01:38 AM
I dont actually have the 360 myself, but my flatmate has one which I can use quite often and would have played FFXIII if I didnt have a PS3. That said, I still choose the PS3 version, just cause I prefer the console. Discs arent too much of an issue, but would still rather have one.

Depression Moon
09-07-2009, 01:47 AM

He meant since VII or were just yanking his chain? I'll be getting it for PS3 too, because that's the better system, but I'll wait to get it until I have an HDTV because Final Fantasy deserves nothing but the best.

Aydin
09-07-2009, 03:37 AM
I'm probably gonna get it for 360 but I want it on the PS3!!!!!!

I need to get a PS3 first...

Loony BoB
09-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't have a PS3 (yet) so will likely get it for the 360. If Danielle gets a really good job then maybe we'll split the cost and get a PS3 and then buy both XIII games for that, but I can't assume that will happen.

Psychotic
09-07-2009, 01:35 PM
360. I don't own a PS3 and have no intention of owning one for the foreseeable future.

xXsarahXx
09-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I have both, but im gonna go with ps3, just feels...right.

Will miss not getting the achievments on xbox though :(

Ouch!
09-07-2009, 07:26 PM
I'll be getting it for my PS3. I've got enough on my Xbox 360.

Zeromus_X
09-09-2009, 08:39 PM
360. I don't own a PS3 and have no intention of owning one for the foreseeable future.

sdm42393
09-12-2009, 10:57 PM

He meant since VII or were just yanking his chain?.

That doesn't change the fact that Final Fantasy originated on a Nintendo platform, making it its "natural home."

Dr.M
10-08-2009, 05:04 AM
I'm going to but a ps3 when the games come out. its been my plan all along, besides the price of ps3 has dramatically dropped since it was released. imagin how much cheaper it will be when XIII is released.

JKTrix
10-08-2009, 09:40 PM
If I get it at all, probably 360. Achievements and Controller are my main reasons for picking 360 for multi-platform games, but in this case I'm actually more concerned about my PS3 kicking the bucket than my 360. As weird as that sounds. Unless something drastic happens that makes me get the PS3 version, like having Japanese voices (which is unlikely--I know the 'story').

Shadowdust
10-10-2009, 05:31 AM
I've had mine pre-ordered for the PS3 for quite some time now. I feel bad that I have so few games for my PS3. It really needs some love. :p Besides, my PS3 is less likely to die in the middle of the game than my 360 is. xD

nirojan
01-08-2010, 05:17 PM
well seeing how the only current gen system i own is PS3, i'll gettin it for that.

Out of curioutsity the people that chose neither...what system were they planning to get it for?

CimminyCricket
01-08-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm probably going to get it for the PS3. All but 3 or 4 of the Final Fantasy games that I've played have been on the PS, so to play it on anything but a PS would steal away the feel I have for Final Fantasy games.

Mirage
01-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I'll be getting it for PS3 because that's the only current gen console i've got.

VeloZer0
01-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I own both, but I get all non-exclusive titles for my PS3 because I like it as a system far better than the 360. And the controller feels more comfortable in my hand.

Raistlin
01-09-2010, 12:35 AM
PS3, though I don't have a 360. Even if I had both I'd still probably get it for the PS3.

Rad Bromance
01-09-2010, 01:17 AM
I have both consoles but I'll be getting it for PS3. One, because I prefer the controller, and two, because the PS3 version is the original, non-ported version, which just makes me feel better.

Also the fact that it's only one disc, the audio is uncompressed, and it plays at a higher resolution are nice advantages.

Flying Arrow
01-09-2010, 01:29 AM
If I get it at all, it'll be PS3 because I don't own a 360 (actually I don't currently own a PS3 either).

Ah, who the fuck am I kidding. I'll be getting this game against my better judgment. Can't help being a tool. (Although my better judgment was against XII as well, and I ended up adoring that one)

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-09-2010, 06:41 AM
I only have a PS3, so yeah. That's what I'll get it for.

Goldenboko
01-09-2010, 03:09 PM
My brother owns the PS3 and so if I get it for that I wouldn't be able to play once I go to college (assuming the game is good enough to play again). So, I'm split. The PS3 will undoubtedly run it better, and I wouldn't have to worry about multiple discs on the PS3. However, I don't know if the difference will be enough to make me buy it for a system I'd have to speed playthrough it.

Wolf Kanno
01-09-2010, 05:57 PM
My friends talked me out of a 360 (though I'm still going to borrow them to play the Mistwalker titles) so I may end up getting a PS3 in the future if only for MGS4 and The Last Guardian. I may pick up XIII cause I'm a hopeless fanboy/tool.

Super Christ
01-09-2010, 09:41 PM

*is playing FF on the NES while waiting for XIII*

Getting it on the PS3 though. It'll be marginally prettier there, and I don't have to do any disc swapping.

RedPouch
01-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Getting it on the PS3 though. It'll be marginally prettier there, and I don't have to do any disc swapping.
In what way will it be prettier on the PS3? Seeing both versions at a premiere presentation on the same high def TV, there was literally absolutely no difference at all in their looks, unless you mean that they decided to add extra graphics to the PS3 version or something? [lol?]

Also, I don't really give a flying smurf about what console it's on, and never really saw any care-how about this "well I should play it on Sony because, uh, it's always been on Sony consoles!" nonsense. Aside from the fact that the head of the Sony Entertainment division is notoriously an idiot, I don't really see Sony as being anything besides another option. I don't really care about the issue with the controllers either, since they're both fine and easy to use in my opinion.

That said, I'll probably get it on the PS3 anyways since it's only on one disc. Practicality is all that should matter.
[!]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[/!][!]Session data[/!][!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">[/!]

Super Christ
01-09-2010, 11:17 PM
The CG videos, I understand, are at a higher bitrate. It isn't much, but there is still a difference. To quote my source, (be advised - this website is NSFW)

The BD containing the game amounts to 38GB, whilst the Xbox 360 version has already been confirmed as being packed onto 3 DVD discs (offering an absolute maximum of 25GB or so).

However, concerns over a crippled Xbox 360 version are misplaced – of the 38GB of data on the disc, only 8GB is game data, the rest being given over to sumptuous CG movies (see above), leading to the promise that the in-game elements will be “mostly” identical, whilst the movies simply enjoy far lower data rates to compensate, an admittedly dubious consolation.

Granted, that won't make any difference at all to me since I don't yet have an HDTV. But once I do, the data suggests that there will still be some modicum of difference.

RedPouch
01-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Granted, that won't make any difference at all to me since I don't yet have an HDTV. But once I do, the data suggests that there will still be some modicum of difference.
I don't doubt its technical truth, but I think the difference seems a bit exaggerated. Seeing both versions on HDTV, I really didn't notice any difference at all. I could arguably just be blind but my contacts are up-to-date prescription.
[!]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[/!][!]Session data[/!][!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">[/!]

Jessweeee♪
01-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Most likely 360, because that's the more easily accessible system for me.

nirojan
01-10-2010, 03:55 AM

hope you know its got multiple discs so have fun swiching them!

Goldenboko
01-10-2010, 03:58 AM

Aren't you nice.

Mogi
01-10-2010, 04:04 AM
360 :</>D

Jessweeee♪
01-10-2010, 04:54 AM

It didn't bother me during FFVII-FFIX, it won't bother me now! In fact I think it adds a nice little nostalgic touch to it. It was always such a satisfying feeling to reach the next disc!

RedPouch
01-10-2010, 09:48 AM
That's silly. Jessweeee is right though. It's only 3 discs right? Even though I prefer just one disc, switching them really can't be that big of a deal at all. I don't feel like it's really be a massive hindrance to have to get up, and switch discs once every two days, or however long it takes you to progress to that part of the game [shorter or longer depending on how much time you can spend on the game]. If anything, it sounds like another dramatized effort in an attempt to be anti-Microsoft or something. I thought preteen console fandom died before 2005.

Goldenboko
01-10-2010, 02:56 PM
No type of Preteen Fandom ever dies.

Rodney
01-10-2010, 03:31 PM
PS3. Because I have it.

Raebus
01-10-2010, 06:27 PM
That's silly. Jessweeee is right though. It's only 3 discs right? Even though I prefer just one disc, switching them really can't be that big of a deal at all. I don't feel like it's really be a massive hindrance to have to get up, and switch discs once every two days, or however long it takes you to progress to that part of the game [shorter or longer depending on how much time you can spend on the game]. If anything, it sounds like another dramatized effort in an attempt to be anti-Microsoft or something. I thought preteen console fandom died before 2005.

Console fandom never dies, it just keeps getting more annoying and becomes punch in the face worthy but I agree with the rest of what you said anyway. :)

RedPouch
01-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Console fandom never dies, it just keeps getting more annoying and becomes punch in the face worthy but I agree with the rest of what you said anyway. :)
I wish that you were wrong on that, but every now and then I'll see topics like this which will remind me otherwise. It's been a long while since I've seen these "Oh yeah?! Well my console-company can beat up your console company!" topics, but that's probably because I don't really go on forums which tend to have that anymore.

nirojan
01-10-2010, 10:04 PM

SHHHHHHHH! i work for Sony!

VeloZer0
01-10-2010, 11:09 PM
I wish that you were wrong on that, but every now and then I'll see topics like this which will remind me otherwise. It's been a long while since I've seen these "Oh yeah?! Well my console-company can beat up your console company!" topics,...

On a side note a PS3 could totally beat up a 360. It weighs like twice as much, has a domed architecture for structural integrity, and would be able resist overheating far longer should they become deadlocked.

EDIT: Also the PS3 is far quieter, allowing it to most likely get the drop on the 360.

RedPouch
01-11-2010, 12:02 AM
On a side note a PS3 could totally beat up a 360. It weighs like twice as much, has a domed architecture for structural integrity, and would be able resist overheating far longer should they become deadlocked.

EDIT: Also the PS3 is far quieter, allowing it to most likely get the drop on the 360.
Haha. Now that's an argument I'd be eager to entertain. I'm afraid you have caught me off-guard.

Jecht Shot
01-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Probably PS3, because of no disc swapping. And I thought I read somewhere that the cut scenes will play in a higher resolution on the PS3 version (1080 vs 720). But that might just be some conjecture from a Sony fan.

RedPouch
01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Probably PS3, because of no disc swapping. And I thought I read somewhere that the cut scenes will play in a higher resolution on the PS3 version (1080 vs 720). But that might just be some conjecture from a Sony fan.
No clue. I heard there was only a slight quality reduction which I really didn't notice [and I felt was a smart move]. There may have been some resolution reduction as well, but not a lot because looking at the differences between the two, I really didn't notice anything different. Of course, I was only trying to be impartial. I'm sure someone more out to find the differences will notice at least some.

Lunatic_High
01-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm planning to get a PS3 so I will buy and play it on that.

Jecht Shot
01-25-2010, 06:14 PM
According to IGN, the PS3 version does indeed look better:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1061264p1.html

Between disc swapping and graphics, I guess my mind is made up.

They also mentioned they like the battle system and the character growth (Crystarium) system.

However, unlike many 360 to PS3 ports (or vice versa, like Bayonetta), the 360 version runs as smoothly as the PS3 version. The article above mentions that, as does this article:

1UP's RPG Blog : Final Fantasy XIII Goes Cross-Platform, with Aplomb (http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9016560)

RedPouch
01-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Uh-oh. I have this rant-urge coming on again - watch out everyone!

According to IGN, the PS3 version does indeed look better:

Final Fantasy XIII Preview - Xbox 360 Preview - at IGN (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1061264p1.html)
Seriously, speaking from experience of seeing it firsthand for myself at a premiere festival that happened here, the only way you're going to be able to tell any difference at all is by seeing them side-by-side in HD, and that's only if you're someone that's obsessed with trying to find a difference. I'm being realistic here. Guaranteed that anybody who actually plays won't notice a damned thing, a couple people I know already testified to such. I also think "disc swapping" is also dramatic, since you're probably just going to change the disc once every two days.

This isn't directed at you Jecht Shot, but it's so annoying how sometimes fans complain about the damnedest things and make it sound SO dramatic. I played Baldur's Gate for the PC a long time ago, which literally had actual disc swapping [example: I'm on an area that requires disc 3. I move to the area that's directly east, which happens to be on disc 2. After that, I need to go to the area directly north, which happens to be on disc 4. Whoops! I forgot something back south real quick, so I need to go back there, which means I gotta put disc 2 back in. After that I can go back, which means back to disc 4 <----- all in about 40 minutes], and it seriously wasn't even a big deal. I don't feel it detracted much from my gaming pleasure, and I still enjoyed the game. But to use an example you guys might be more familiar with, we could talk about FF VII or Star Ocean 4. Back when FF VII came out, nobody cared that you had to change the disc once a week [depending on how much time you had to play between homework and stuff], but now all of a sudden it's such an inconvenience. I kinda wonder that some of these people might be in need of a treadmill or something.

I know I complain a lot about characters, art style, story plots, and music in video games. I can partially understand a complaint about a slight decrease in resolution or graphics. But come on - disc swapping? Give me a break.

People that own a PS3 and a 360: Get it for the PS3 since it's about 3% more convenient and has a slightly higher res, which you probably aren't even going to notice. For the record, I'll be getting it for the PS3 as well for these reasons.

People that own only a 360: You're seriously not missing out on anything worth mentioning.

End of ridiculous discussion designed to provoke ridiculous console vs console arguments [I hope]. Man it feels good to rage over silly things - irony not unnoticed by me!

Rase
01-25-2010, 08:35 PM
My suitemate will be getting it on 360, so if I play it (probably won't) it'll be in that.

Care to hook me up with a free PS3 then? Promise I'll buy games and Blu-ray and all that.

nirojan
01-25-2010, 11:15 PM
My suitemate will be getting it on 360, so if I play it (probably won't) it'll be in that.

Care to hook me up with a free PS3 then? Promise I'll buy games and Blu-ray and all that.

you must swear on the HOLY BOOK OF SONY that you will only buy sony products trash your X360 and convince all your friends who have a 360 to make the switch or make them feel like S**t. you can also sneak into their house @ night and demolish their 360, then show up in the morning and brag about how amazing the PS3 is and why they should take advantage of it.

PS. i hope you know im being sarcastic. i dont work for Sony nor do i encourage violence on sub-par, bluray-less systems.(although it'd be a funny headline..."console wars claims its first victim as sony nerd trashes 360 owners house to destroy his console and showed up later to convince him to buy a PS3")

Roogle
01-26-2010, 04:13 AM
People that own a PS3 and a 360: Get it for the PS3 since it's about 3% more convenient and has a slightly higher res, which you probably aren't even going to notice. For the record, I'll be getting it for the PS3 as well for these reasons.

People that own only a 360: You're seriously not missing out on anything worth mentioning.

End of ridiculous discussion designed to provoke ridiculous console vs console arguments [I hope]. Man it feels good to rage over silly things - irony not unnoticed by me!

I agree with this assessment. There are differences in quality between two ports of any title, but I don't think that correcting this difference in quality is worth the price of a Playstation 3.

If you were planning to buy a Playstation 3 and you were waiting for Final Fantasy XIII, then that sounds like a good idea as long as you were thinking about picking up some other games in the future.

All of the sources that I have looked at state that the game is due to be released on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 on March 9, 2010.

qwertysaur
01-26-2010, 09:46 AM
My Dad got a free PS3 for selling a lot of Tires so I'll be playing it on that :p

black orb
01-27-2010, 01:05 AM
>>> Someday I`ll have a PS3 and play FF13..:luca:

Loony BoB
01-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Adjustment of answer for myself: I will hopefully get it packaged in with a PS3 bundle.

crazybayman
01-27-2010, 05:39 PM
PS3, given that I just one for Christmas - BAM!

Aside being Pro-PS and anti-XBox for gaming, the PS3 is also a BluRay player with 250 GB of storage space (I know xbox 360 elite has 250 GB of storage as well, but whatever).

That, and other PS3 titles, such as Ratchet and Clank (yes, I enjoy the odd mindless, humorous, 3rd person action game, too).

And yeah, I've become used to the PS style controller rather than that grotesque thing XBox will have you use to manipulate it.

Oh yeah, and another reason is that FF VII and FF VIII has been released on PS Network. Should be pretty sweet if and when FFIX, FFX and FFXII are released for PS Network.

And Blu-Rays are very durable, so FFXIII as a Blu-Ray disc should prove to be a good investment.

Sephiroth
01-27-2010, 06:32 PM
I already have the PlayStation III version and I have no X Box. So the answer is really quite simple.

I'll buy an X Box to buy Final Fantasy XIII for it as well when it is released - LOL.

No, maybe not.

Chloe.
01-29-2010, 06:58 PM
I have neither, but I plan to buy a PS3 soon, when I can afford it. So obviously, I'll be getting it for PS3. :D

Bolivar
02-01-2010, 06:27 PM

I'd like to think that even those of us who have criticized the multiplatform move, have, at the end of the day, expressed the same sentiment all along.

There are differences in quality between two ports of any title, but I don't think that correcting this difference in quality is worth the price of a Playstation 3.

That's only if you're already a 360-only owner.

RedPouch
02-01-2010, 11:51 PM
I already have the PlayStation III version and I have no X Box. So the answer is really quite simple.

I'll buy an X Box to buy Final Fantasy XIII for it as well when it is released
LOL.

This is a really simple and dry-humour joke, but for some reason it made me crack up when I read it.

Mo-Nercy
02-02-2010, 10:26 AM
PS3. Other controllers still feel funny.

Jessweeee♪
02-02-2010, 08:06 PM

I do agree about the controllers. The 360 isn't too bad once I get used to it, but it still gives me hand cramps and my thumb gets kinda swollen from the analog. Of all the systems I've played on, I'd say the PS2 (haven't tried PS3!) has the most user-friendly controller.

RedPouch
02-02-2010, 08:18 PM
They're all the freaking same.

Maybe it's just me, but I've Never had any problems with any controller, going all the way back to the original NES controller. I can't believe people still complain about this stuff [no offense Jessweeee♪].

Bolivar
02-02-2010, 08:47 PM
They're all the freaking same.

Maybe it's just me, but I've Never had any problems with any controller, going all the way back to the original NES controller. I can't believe people still complain about this stuff [no offense Jessweeee♪].

Probably just you. My opinion on the Gamecube controller changes on an almost weekly basis :spin:

Dreddz
02-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I've Never had any problems with any controller, .
You clearly never played an Atari Jaguar then.

RedPouch
02-02-2010, 11:01 PM
You clearly never played an Atari Jaguar then.
I did. I never had one of my own, but my friend did when I was about 8 years old or so. That's the one with the number pad that's kind of like a phone, right? With red buttons? If this isn't the controller you're talking about, then I guess I'll have to concede that point. If this is the right one though, then it clearly wasn't the best controller, but I don't see the point in referencing a console that most people haven't played on or owned to compare to mainstream consoles ranging from classic to modern. I don't consider Atari to fall anywhere near this category since most people have never owned one.

Controllers I'm talking about:

NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Dreamcast
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Playstation 2
XBOX
Gamecube
Playstation 3
XBOX 360
Wii

VeloZer0
02-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Have you every played with the original sized North American XBOX controllers? :D

And there is no way you can say a modern day game controller isn't more comfortable to hold for hours on end than an NES button box. PS3 to 360 isn't much of a difference, I would chalk it up to preference, but I do like the PS controller a noticeably better amount.

RedPouch
02-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Have you every played with the original sized North American XBOX controllers? :D
Of course I did. Yes it was huge and bulky, and looked rather silly. Was it hard to use at all? No. And it's true that I preferred the smaller versions that came out soon after, but in all honesty while playing the game, I didn't notice a damned difference between the two. I'm too busy playing the game. Both controllers fit into hands, both have easy access to the buttons, etc. I suppose people with small hands would get annoyed with the first one that came out, but that's the probably the only real complaint I'd accept as being valid.

And there is no way you can say a modern day game controller isn't more comfortable to hold for hours on end than an NES button box.
An NES controller feels weird to me now, yes. I'm too used to modern controllers. However during the time those consoles came out, those controllers felt fine to me. I never had a problem with them. I used to play games like Zelda, Mario 3, Crystalis, Dragon Warrior I-IV, Ninja Gaiden, etc, for hours on end during the weekends. And suppose I did grab an NES controller right now and started playing on my old NES which is still next to me on my desk right now - It would probably feel awkward for about 40 seconds of using it, then I'd be comfortable with it.

PS3 to 360 isn't much of a difference
Almost no difference at all. I honestly just plain don't notice it while I'm playing, to the point where I forget which console I'm playing on sometimes. The only exception to this is the Wii controller, because it's very interactive.

Bolivar
02-03-2010, 02:58 AM
An NES controller feels weird to me now, yes. I'm too used to modern controllers. However during the time those consoles came out, those controllers felt fine to me. I never had a problem with them. I used to play games like Zelda, Mario 3, Crystalis, Dragon Warrior I-IV, Ninja Gaiden, etc, for hours on end during the weekends. And suppose I did grab an NES controller right now and started playing on my old NES which is still next to me on my desk right now - It would probably feel awkward for about 40 seconds of using it, then I'd be comfortable with it.

I wholeheartedly sympathize with this statement, I think a lot of presumptuous people need to wake up and realize it. Hell, if it were up to me, I'd be buying FFXIII on the NES.

Someone get the Chinese on the damn phone!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtuWaZUUmF8)

VeloZer0
02-03-2010, 03:35 AM
My hands totally cramp up when I use a NES controller. But then again, my hand cramp up if I cut up vegetables on a cutting board.

I never notice the difference going to PS3->360, it seems the same to me, but when I go 360->PS3 after playing for a little bit it just occurs to me that the controller feels more comfortable. But when I first pick it up I don't think of it at all.

Loony BoB
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Probably worth making a new thread in General Gaming over, guys. :p Haha. The only one I found really weird was the N64.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-04-2010, 05:53 AM
My hands totally cramp up when I use a NES controller. But then again, my hand cramp up if I cut up vegetables on a cutting board.

That could be a lot of things: from the height of the counter, to the knife you are using, to holding the blade wrong or physiology, etc...But I digress...

My hand only cramps if I hold it too hard, or put too much stress on it. Happens often after not playing Soul Calibur for a long time and go against my friend for a few rounds (PS2 & PS3).

I've never owned a N64, but I've played it plenty of times. The first time I ever saw the controller it looked so confusing. :s

VeloZer0
02-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Nope, it just exceeds my mechanical dexterity threshold. I'm blessed with incredibly poor abilities of motor control. Most activities that require fine motor control with cause my hands to seize up, which is why the shape of the controller is of particular importance to me.

I actually really disliked the Gamecube controller, it just really rubbed me the wrong way, I could never feel comfortable with it's controls.

Rye
02-04-2010, 09:44 AM
360. I own one (or I did - my parents gave it to my brother the second I left for University last year!) and there's nothing really on the PS3 that I want that isn't on 360. Final Fantasy WAS one of my only reasons.

RedPouch
02-04-2010, 04:33 PM
360. I own one (or I did - my parents gave it to my brother the second I left for University last year!) and there's nothing really on the PS3 that I want that isn't on 360. Final Fantasy WAS one of my only reasons.
Aw, there's really nothing on the PS3 that appeals to you? There has to be something, it does have some nice games on it.

Rye
02-04-2010, 05:03 PM
That most recent Metal Gear Solid game was the only one I can think of recently. I was jealous of my boss (when I was working in Gamestop at the time) who had a PS3 to play it. He bought the PS3 just for that game. xD

Levian
02-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I just have a PS3 so I'll be going for that :D

Madame Adequate
02-05-2010, 05:00 PM
360, for the simple reason that I don't have a PS3 and have no immediate plans to get one.

I don't get the disc-swapping thing as a criticism. I swap discs every time I want to play a different game, after all. Getting up in the middle of a game to change a disc isn't any worse a deal :p And I rarely play something exclusively these days, so I'm unlikely to actually want to sit down and play right through something from start to finish without switching to some lunatic buggering around in Assassin's Creed II or trying to get into some Salarian panties in Mass Effect 2 anyway. :p

NeoCracker
02-07-2010, 01:37 AM
360, for the simple reason that I don't have a PS3 and have no immediate plans to get one.

I don't get the disc-swapping thing as a criticism. I swap discs every time I want to play a different game, after all. Getting up in the middle of a game to change a disc isn't any worse a deal :p And I rarely play something exclusively these days, so I'm unlikely to actually want to sit down and play right through something from start to finish without switching to some lunatic buggering around in Assassin's Creed II or trying to get into some Salarian panties in Mass Effect 2 anyway. :p

I agree with you on the disc swapping things for the most part, but Star Ocean: The Last Hope is a bitch about disc swapping. To get all the funeral Buquet scenes, you need a total of ten. YOu are only given one Buquet and have to make the rest.

To get the one material for it, you have to go to on particular spot on the last world. However, it is only about a 1/3 chance to get it, and if you miss you have to leave hte planet and come back. And whenever you leave it, you have to switch disks. So if you want to see all the scenes, you'll need to switch discs about 24+ times between disc 4 and 3. That, my friend, is freaking rediciulous.

Though most games don't really do that, so it's not a problem for the most part. :p

Shlup
02-07-2010, 08:56 AM
This will be the only FF I own other than a PC version of FFVII that my dad got me a long time ago.

I don't own no PS3. Or PS2. I got TheAbominatrix's old PS1 somewhere don't I? Hmm...

Rodarian
02-07-2010, 10:36 AM
If I owned a ps3.. :( But yea FF in my mind would only be for PS Systems.

Peabob
02-09-2010, 02:25 AM
I actually chose a PS3 over an Xbox about a year ago because of FFXIII (when it was an exclusive to PS3).

Bolivar
02-09-2010, 03:08 AM
I actually chose a PS3 over an Xbox about a year ago because of FFXIII (when it was an exclusive to PS3).

LOL I did, too. Well that, MGS4 and GTAIV because it was the only one where I'd be able to play all three of these.

Looking at how the two consoles have developed since then, I'm glad I made that choice.

Croyles
02-09-2010, 03:44 AM
I just want the game dammit!

theundeadhero
02-09-2010, 04:25 AM
xD, I agree with Rye's posts.
I own a PS3 and the only games I own are Metal Gear Solid 4 and a pre-ordered copy of FFXIII.

Madame Adequate
02-09-2010, 10:06 AM
I don't care much for PS3 but the way I hear it you should really get Valkyria Chronicles. And once it comes out I have to get a PS3 so I can play The Last Guardian.

But otherwise yeah, me too pretty much :p

Goldenboko
02-09-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't care much for PS3 but the way I hear it you should really get Valkyria Chronicles.

Yes.

Shlup
02-09-2010, 10:30 PM
The only reason I got a 360 in the first place was for Rock Band. :p~

Now I have Rock Band, Arkham Asylum, and soon FFXIII! Woo! Hardcore gamer up in here!

(I'm mostly a Wii and DS fangirl. :o)

Miriel
02-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Fat Princess + FFXIII are enough reasons for me to want a PS3. But most likely we'll just borrow one instead of buying it.

Croyles
02-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Shame, there are loads of good games out for PS3 and 360 now.

Mirage
02-10-2010, 04:36 AM
That most recent Metal Gear Solid game was the only one I can think of recently. I was jealous of my boss (when I was working in Gamestop at the time) who had a PS3 to play it. He bought the PS3 just for that game. xD

Sounds like me.

eestlinc
02-10-2010, 07:41 AM
looking forward to playing it on my PS3!