PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Bar HTML

Rampala
12-20-2001, 07:09 AM
<CENTER>
Hey all, I know this isn't really related to the FF games, but I thought since the EoFF site has one, I'd ask.
I'm working on my Final Fantasy VIII site, and I want to put a navigation bar on it. I know there's an HTML code for it, but all I can find are either Java, or DHTML with #include codes. I just want the raw HTML since that's what I work with. If anyone knows it, please share! Thanks!

Spatvark
12-20-2001, 04:19 PM
I've tried several things for a navbar, but I can never get it to work either... I'd love to here how to do it too... so please pretty please will someone tell us how?

Samuraid
12-20-2001, 06:28 PM
Well, its kinda hard to explain, but I'll try...
Here is a basic template: (borrowed from a very popular site)
There, should be fixed now... (had to do it the hard way)

&lt;table width="138" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td width="138" bordercolor="387cad" height="52" align="left" valign="top"&gt;
&lt;img src="/images/square.gif" width="140" height="20"&gt;
&lt;table width="130" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center"&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td&gt;
&lt;p&gt; &lt;font size="2" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" &gt;
&lt;a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/cc/"&gt;
Chrono Cross &lt;/a&gt; &lt;br&gt;
&lt;a href="/ct/index.shtml"&gt; Chrono Trigger &lt;/a&gt; &lt;br&gt;
&lt;a href="/ff1/index.shtml"&gt; Final Fantasy I &lt;/a&gt; &lt;br&gt;
&lt;a href="/ff2/index.shtml"&gt; Final Fantasy II &lt;/a&gt; &lt;br&gt;
&lt;a href="/ff3/index.shtml"&gt; Final Fantasy III &lt;/a&gt; &lt;br&gt;
&lt;a href="/ff4/index.shtml"&gt; Final Fantasy IV &lt;/a&gt; &lt;br&gt;
&lt;a href="/ff5/index.shtml"&gt; Final Fantasy V &lt;/a&gt; &lt;br&gt;
&lt;a href="/ff6/index.shtml"&gt; Final Fantasy VI &lt;/a&gt; &lt;br&gt; &lt;/font&gt &lt;/p&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;

Samuraid
12-20-2001, 06:30 PM
Augh! This message board is pathetic! You can even display decent HTML code on it! I can't believe they are selling it for $160 a whack!

Oh well.

Spatvark
12-20-2001, 06:53 PM
Terralith: You need to disable smilies in that post for html code to work properly... it's one of the ptions when you post or edit a reply

Samuraid
12-21-2001, 06:58 PM
Nope, didn't work.
I really like msgBoards like UltraBoard; if you put in a [ code ] tag, it will display the text as code, and convert all the &lt; to &amp;lt; and all the &gt; to &amp;gt;. I guess I'll have to do that.

<font style=":bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:absolute; font-size: 72px; top:400px; left:350px">Hello World</font>