PDA

View Full Version : New Operating System Fan Thread

rubah
09-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Windows 7, Ubuntu 9.04, OSX Snow Leopard, share your adoration.

I ordered snow leopard, it came in the mail, upgraded, nothing was lost, only one program I've noticed was broke (and they had an update ready)

AND OH MY GOD I CAN CREATE MY OWN CUSTOM KEY SHORTCUTS.

Seriously, I am going nuts over this. brb

Aerith's Knight
09-07-2009, 12:12 AM
MS-Dos, because OS love really can be explained in 8 bits.

Levian
09-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Oh, for some reason I thought this would be about actual fans, you know, the kind that blows air. I'm definitely a fan of those.

Bunny
09-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Has Windows 7 even been released yet?

Caraliz
09-07-2009, 01:32 AM
I'm a fan of fans too.

rubah
09-07-2009, 02:15 AM
@Bunny, stu's installed the Release Candidate version on his desktop (we can dl it for free thanks to our college fees) and seems to like it :) People have been using the "leaked" betas for months anyways

I like fans too, levian. I run mine at 2792 RPM

Momiji
09-07-2009, 02:15 AM
I preordered Windows 7 a few months ago. It arrives at the end of next month. *waits*

Rodarian
09-07-2009, 01:22 PM
I have absolutely no clue about these sorta things..But cool nonetheless!!

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-07-2009, 06:24 PM
I preordered Windows 7 a few months ago. It arrives at the end of next month. *waits*

Same. I have heard a lot of good things about it, so I am excited :D

Krelian
09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Looks like there aren't many Operating System fans around.

Windows 7 is really nice. I've been using the RC for quite a while now and really like what direction Microsoft is taking with it. I've always been a fan of the OS X dock, so I'm pretty happy with the new task bar. If I had the choice I'd use Mac OS X, though. Prettiest OS I ever used. If only Macs weren't so expensive :(

Has anyone ever checked out BeOS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeOS)? I used to love it back in 2000 or whenever I tried it. Though the original OS is no more the Haiku project has been making progress and released an Alpha version of a complete rewrite of the OS. Though for now there's not much you can do with it and a lot of drivers are still missing, etc.: Haiku Project | Home of the Haiku Operating System (http://www.haiku-os.org/)

Shoeberto
09-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Windows 7 is pretty fab. If you're debating between Vista and it, go with 7.

Peegee
09-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Rubahs is geeking over an OS.

I remember when I was that geek. I guess I'm just philosophy and video game geek now xD

But seriously, I'm waiting for Windoze 7, and I may/may not even get that. Would make more sense for me to get a new pc and I haven't broken my existing one yet

Quindiana Jones
09-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Windows 7 is fantastic. It's very nearly perfect, to be honest. There are some bits that Windows have changed that I think was pointless and unnecessary, and takes away a few shortcuts I used to use, but I don't care. The pros of 7 easily outweigh any cons.

There you go. 7 is brill.