PDA

View Full Version : the game.

Yar
09-07-2009, 06:38 AM
The idea of this game is to collectively go so off-topic that the staff has to move this topic to another forum. Once moved, we change the topic so it gets moved again, etc.

I'll pick a winner somehow. Maybe it's that last person to post before it gets move gets 5 points, second to last gets 2 and third to last gets 1.

Okay, LETS DO THIS.

ChaosWolf
09-07-2009, 07:32 AM
:mad2: You made me lose the game!
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/f/fa/The_Game.jpg

Quindiana Jones
09-07-2009, 08:43 AM
smurf, I just lost The Game.

My friend once shouted "You've all lost The Game!" in a crowded pub. He got punched in the face three times before we managed to calm things down. People are stupid. xD

Marky Tee
09-07-2009, 09:24 AM
He got punched in the face three times before we managed to calm things down

i seriously doubt normal people in pubs all know of the game
only internet geeks play it :p

Quindiana Jones
09-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Hardly. The Game is for sad people everywhere, not just fo internet geeks. And the internet geeks play it in real life, so real life learns about it and starts to play too. Unless you're normal.

Also, in a crowded pub, 3 people isn't many.

Jiro
09-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Roughly 3/4 of my year level are playing The Game, as are 5/6 teachers. The Game is for everybody - that's the whole point.

I got kicked out of a pub once. I was in there for my aunt's birthday but the bouncer decided I had to gtfo even though the only people actually in there were related to me. Idiot bouncer just lost patrons :monster:

Formalhaut
09-07-2009, 01:22 PM
The Game is The Ultimate Game. Its such a great game, I talk to everyone I see at the local Game Store to discuss my Game, whilst browsing Other Games in the Game store. If someone thinks The Game is not the ultimate game, then ill say the Game trumps your favourite Game, because my Game has the special feature of being a Game! The person then skulks off with his inferior Game in hand. After that I then go home to play my Game, while talking to my buddy on the phone about how good my Game is, after finally feeling drowsy, i get the Game disc From The Game console and put the Game disc in the Game Case, where I put it on the top of all the other Games I own. I then go into my Bed, then I drift off to Sleep, while mumbling how good my Game is. I then dream that I was playing My Game, then suddenly The Evil Dr Gamemeister arrives with his Bad Game Laucher, and starts firing his Bad Games at me. After using my magic Game Controller, I expertly defeat The evil Dr Gamemeister, who vanishes, leaving his Bad Games behind, I then torch them... then I wake up! I smell smoke outside my dream, my house is on fire, I leap out my bed and run out the house. But my ultimate Game is inside there, but alas, its too late...

(The person who accuratly guesses how many times the Word Game is mentioned, they get a cookie!)

(Also includes variations Of Game...)

Jiro
09-07-2009, 02:07 PM

scrumpleberry
09-07-2009, 02:40 PM
I kind of play the game differently. I think it's stupid that you lose it when someone mentions it. In my circle, you have an hour after someone mentions the game to forget about it and stop thinking about it. It's only if you think about it on your own initiative that you lose.

Yeah it's basically totally different but it's far less annoying this way lol.

Marky Tee
09-07-2009, 03:49 PM
nah cant see a normal pub having at least 3 people in it that play the game
unless it was the hard rock cafe or one of its many many rip offs, ,y personal fav bein the solid rock cafe :p

demondude
09-07-2009, 04:28 PM
http://funnyhot.net/pics/crazy-pics/great9.jpg http://funnyhot.net/pics/crazy-pics/great9.jpg http://funnyhot.net/pics/crazy-pics/great9.jpg

Zyphus
09-07-2009, 05:16 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/cat-armour-dan.jpg

Rokk
09-07-2009, 06:02 PM
I hate the Game.
:mad:

rubah
09-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Please take this thread to General Gaming, friends:)
*moves*

Freya
09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
They should make a movie about The game but add in lasers, explosions, and talking lions. It'd be a hit. Talking lions, Explosions, and lazers make the best movies. OH OH throw in a sword and a vampire and we're set.

Medi
09-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I refuse to believe I am ever playing this game, nor do I understand its wide appeal and participants. To me, it's akin to pointless lose-lose banter in which little elementary students engage.

They should make a movie about The game but add in lasers, explosions, and talking lions. It'd be a hit. Talking lions, Explosions, and lazers make the best movies. OH OH throw in a sword and a vampire and we're set.

A vampire that SPARKLES. The kids go crazy for that nowadays. :rolleyes2

demondude
09-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I <3 twilight, bella is my hero. EDWARD IS FIT

Rokk
09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I refuse to believe I am ever playing this game, nor do I understand its wide appeal.

Final Fantasy VII did a lot of groundbreaking for it's time.

If I recall, those kind of graphics were simply unheard of for an RPG at the time. Not to mention Square chose PS1 specifically because it used CD storage and allowed for mixing of real time and FMV in the background. The game was replicated for PC months later.

The music in the game was also memorable, of course the "One Winged Angel" theme, Aeris theme, the iconic battle & victory themes. And I would also say that the locations were probably among the most unique.

So basically I know FF7's wide appeal is due to it's groundbreaking showing during its time. But also, I think it has more strong identifiable iconography about it than any other FF since. Don't get me wrong, I loved FF8, liked FF9, loved FF10, FF10-2, & FF12. But none of games have the stand out iconography such as (Cloud's hair and sword, Sephiroth's entire style and sword, Midgar's design especially with the mako cannon, The Shinra building, Jenova in it's shell, the Meteor over Midgar).

Next

Freya
09-07-2009, 07:18 PM
bah it'd make a better movie than a ff7 knock off. :/

demondude
09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Tidus iz gay

Quindiana Jones
09-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Let's talk about Rantzien's not-so-secret love for Eiko.

Formalhaut
09-07-2009, 08:24 PM
They should make the whole plot of "The Game" and have it revolve around the sacred Game of Eternity.

Jiro! Correct! You earn yourself a Cookie! :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Bastian
09-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Speaking of games, I'm about to begin a two month long online riddle quest thingie. Last year's was super hard and I almost couldn't solve some of them. Each week a new preliminary riddle is posted. Once you figure that one out, it gives a clue for finding that week's REAL riddle.
Then when you solve THAT riddle, you are given a clue of the whereabouts of finding the 1/6th part of the final riddle after the two months.

Markus. D
09-07-2009, 10:48 PM
I was told to remain at most, curious about the game.

So I will not read the first post or any of the following.

Dignified Pauper
09-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Read this post then. You're playing because you're aware. You lose if you think about it. Once you think about it, you declare you've lost. You get 30 minutes until you can lose again, and you have to explain to someone once it happens.

Also... Topic Change time.

I vote Yuna's many dresses of X-2

Freya
09-08-2009, 05:01 AM
I always wanted to know how they designed them. They are so lovely! Do you think I could cosplay them? :D

Yar
09-08-2009, 05:09 AM
My favorite dress of Yuna's is the Luckstress or whatever. Lady Luck

Jowy
09-08-2009, 05:22 AM
I'd plow that chick.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-08-2009, 05:45 AM
I am totally lost. :S

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Lost in time..........lost in space..........

Jiro
09-08-2009, 12:14 PM
I remember one conversation I was having with friends about Lost in Space and somebody rudely interrupted so one of them said "You have to get Lost in Space" and the rude person got upset and ran off. That's the third grade for you.

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Lost in Space is a terrible, terrible film.

Dignified Pauper
09-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I never saw the film.

Rantz
09-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Please take this thread to The Lounge, friends:)
*moves*

Del Murder
09-08-2009, 08:38 PM
If I was ever lost in space I'd probably resort to cannibalism.

Aerith's Knight
09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I wonder if you'd be gay if you ate someone of the same sex.

Yes, these are the important questions, people.

Boney King
09-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Cannibal Holocaust is one of my favourite exploitation films.

Caraliz
09-08-2009, 09:30 PM
what about that game, zombies ate my neighbors?

Bastian
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Poll: Would you kill a zombie, or just imprison it, hoping it would become rehabilitated?

Meat Puppet
09-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I’d probably just piss myself and then the zombie would eat me

Rokk
09-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Nah, I would be scared to keep one, like you know in 28 Weeks Later, the one chained up in the yard, and breaks free...

Noo I wouldn't keep it, no way!

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm in love with a zombie and we're getting married next week. Help me, EoEO.

Caraliz
09-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Well I think you need to consider the zombie's feelings. Does she/he want to eat you? Or is it truly love?

Rokk
09-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Marriage is a big commitment, especially with a Zombie.

That's good advice from Caraliz. Sometimes Zombies can just go into relationships with the prospect of eating their mate.

Try sitting down if you can, and talking things through with her/him/it.

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 10:58 PM
I've tried talking, but it usually just ends up in bed. It's very persuasive. That's another problem. Is a zombie male or female, or do you just consider it to be whatever gender it was?

Moon Rabbits
09-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Cannibal Holocaust is one of my favourite exploitation films.

That movie sucks. There are no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Like what the fuck - that poor monkey and turtle :(

And super heroooooooooes, come to feaaaaaaast, upon the flesh not yet deceaaaaaaaaased, and all I know is still the beast is feeeeeeeeeding. And crawling on the planets face, some insects called the human race :sing:

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 11:01 PM

And super heroooooooooes, come to feaaaaaaast, upon the flesh not yet deceaaaaaaaaased, and all I know is still the beast is feeeeeeeeeding. And crawling on the planets face, some insects called the human race :sing:

I don't get the reference but I really want to. xD

Caraliz
09-08-2009, 11:01 PM
I've tried talking, but it usually just ends up in bed. It's very persuasive. That's another problem. Is a zombie male or female, or do you just consider it to be whatever gender it was?
I think you have to check under the pants!

Moon Rabbits
09-08-2009, 11:03 PM

You fail. (I couldn't find the actual film version :() (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQnUQozv4uQ&feature=related)

Rokk
09-08-2009, 11:03 PM

Well the Zombies gender is subjective, make it what you want.

In this situation I would suggest making it female, as it seems evident you need to retain the Male dominance in your relationship.

I think that is your problem, a gender-confused relationship. Enforce yourself as the Male, and perhaps the Zombie will listen to you, rather than the other way around.

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 11:07 PM

You fail. (I couldn't find the actual film version :() (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQnUQozv4uQ&feature=related)

Oh, smeg. I'd completely forgotten the rest. The only reason I remember the lost ins is because the audience kept shouting "WHERE'S YOUR FREAKING NECK?!". I feel so ashamed right now.

CRAP! Oh crap guys! I tried to assert my male dominance and she got angry and we got in a fight! I hit her and her head flew off and now I think she's dead...er. What do I do? Luckily there aren't any men outside talking on their talkies yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Oh, they say love hurts (;)), but they never told me how sharp zombies' teeth are. One slap and I'm bleeding.

Caraliz
09-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I think this means you just joined the ranks of zombie-dom.

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey all! Well, I sorted all that wife-to-be manslaughter from yesterday, and am now sitting here with my lovely daughter from my previous marriage. She can't type well yet, but she says hi. She's an adorable child. Today she was playing on the swing and- OM NOM NOM NOM!

OH MY GOD! WHAT HAVE I DONE?! RRRRRRRAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

Moon Rabbits
09-08-2009, 11:16 PM

Oh, smeg. I'd completely forgotten the rest. The only reason I remember the lost ins is because the audience kept shouting "WHERE'S YOUR FREAKING NECK?!". I feel so ashamed right now.

That is my favorite portion of audience participation in RHPS showings. Or the toast. or the waterguns. Actually it's all amazing.

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Abolsutely. From the very beginning (where the theatre owner "lifted" the camera up to the church) I knew I was in for a sweet ride. And when Time Warp came up, and a load of cross-dressers and scantily clad women started dancing...just wow. I've only seen it once, and I was completely oblivious and out of place, but it was awesome. Meatloaf behind us was basically a Rocky Horror Jesus, who provided us all with rice and rubber gloves. xD

Caraliz
09-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Abolsutely. From the very beginning (where the theatre owner "lifted" the camera up to the church) I knew I was in for a sweet ride. And when Time Warp came up, and a load of cross-dressers and scantily clad women started dancing...just wow. I've only seen it once, and I was completely oblivious and out of place, but it was awesome. Meatloaf behind us was basically a Rocky Horror Jesus, who provided us all with rice and rubber gloves. xD
This isn't zombie speech!

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 11:31 PM
My bad. ;)

uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmnnnnnnnuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr

We all know that zombies, like bees, actually communicate by dance.

Bastian
09-08-2009, 11:42 PM
uuuuuuuuuuuughmmmmgh!

aaaammmmmmmmmmmrrrrrrrrrrghmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaa!

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 11:44 PM
I read that to the tune of "THRILLEEEERRR! SOMETHING SOMETHING!". I hope you don't mind.

Caraliz
09-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Dance like a DANCER in final fantasy tactics? :X

Bastian
09-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I've never been one for FFT games. I don't care for RTS games in general. What is it that people like about these games? Is there ever a plot or character development?

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Technically, FFT is sRPG not RTS. FFT implements a turn based system that is based on your character's speed, unlike other sRPGs which alternate between player and computer turns. In a way sRPGs are sorta like chess. The playing field is turned into a board where each square is a certain distance horizontally and vertically from your character and your movement is based on characters stats which are affected by basic stats, equipment, abilities and jobs. As far as I know though it might seem similar to an RTS it is not really.

Freya
09-09-2009, 07:05 PM
FFT isn't an RTS :P RTS's are like the original warcraft games and the Civilization games.

FFT, i've started playing it but it hasn't really caught my attention of yet... I found out finally where agrias's name came from though :D?

Jowy
09-09-2009, 07:11 PM
LEKANA SAYS I'M DOING IT WRONG

What do you frequently do incorrectly?

Freya
09-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I frequently make typos! =o

Caraliz
09-09-2009, 10:16 PM
put shoe on head

Quindiana Jones
09-09-2009, 11:37 PM
I think Caraliz deserves a medal for that FFT link. Well done. xD

Bastian
09-10-2009, 12:35 AM
I've played a bit of Warcraft II and some Middle-Earth RTS and a Mana RTS . . . hated them all. But I forced myself to finish the Mana RTS even though I hated it because I'm a Mana fan.

Any other fans of Mana here?

Caraliz
09-10-2009, 08:10 AM
I think Caraliz deserves a medal for that FFT link. Well done. xD
*glee*

I only love Secret of Mana. The other mana games haven't impressed me much, but I haven't played Children of Mana yet. I doubt it'll ever compare to SoM.

Sir Lancealot
09-10-2009, 10:36 AM
FFT isn't an RTS :P RTS's are like the original warcraft games and the Civilization games.

The Civilization games are turn based.

Quindiana Jones
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
I don't even know what you people are talking about with all this Mana stuff.

Formalhaut
09-10-2009, 03:45 PM
I Don't know either. Don't you think the game should have its own SOUNDTRACK?

Old Manus
09-12-2009, 12:06 AM
gj moving it here where nobody will ever see it. Only place for it now is GARBAGE FORUM?

Bastian
09-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Children of Mana is . . . meh.

Secret of Mana is definitely the best of the Mana games, but Seiken Densetsu III is a close second. Sword of Mana is pretty decent. And I seem to be the only person on the planet that likes Dawn of Mana.

What sort of soundtrack would The Game have?