PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS PUMPED FOR SCRIBBLENAUTS?!?!?

snacks
09-07-2009, 11:38 PM
1. Riding a dinosaur
2. An apparent timemachine!
3. What you write comes to life.

Discuss.

scrumpleberry
09-08-2009, 12:11 AM
OMG i saw a trailer or demo for this ages ago and it looked like loads of fun

Madame Adequate
09-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Goddamn fucking yes Scribblenauts fgj I am making Jess bring her DS and a copy to Reading so I can play it.

Necronopticous
09-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Scribblenauts is very ambitious. I'm excited to mess around with it, I just hope that there is a fun and memorable game experience within the sandbox.

Psychotic
09-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I saw a video today where the problem was that there was a star trapped in a tree. The player solved it by putting two pandas on a unicycle, clambering on top, and then putting on a top hat and glueing a plank of wood to the top of the hat, and then riding underneath the star. The plank hit the star, knocking it off.

snacks
09-08-2009, 06:19 AM
stop making me more pumped than i already am.

someone got their hands on a demo, at one of these gaming sites and pretty much everything you can imagine is there.

JackNapier
09-08-2009, 06:37 AM
I was watching IGN's E3 demo of it just recently. I was very impressed....and then he entered "Cthulhu"...and it worked. Cthulhu then proceeded to fight to the death against God riding a skateboarding and wielding a shotgun. I'm pretty sure what I just described constitutes an ABSOLUTE BUY.

snacks
09-08-2009, 06:38 AM
i will definitely be obtaining it in some matter. i cannot wait, plus the art work i've seen pop up for it is truly amazing.

NeoCracker
09-08-2009, 07:16 AM
I've got this game pre-ordered yo.

And my friend, a gamestop manager, got back from the conferance in Vegas where they showed it off, and a puzzle was solved by typing in Babe and a hot chick appeared distracting a knight, allowing you to walk right by. XD

Quindiana Jones
09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
two pandas on a unicycle,

Sold.

Yeargdribble
09-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Having played through the first bit, I'm pretty impressed so far. I made a point of just trying to make all types of weird things I could imagine. I made Krakens and Hydras and Minotaurs... etc.

I was honestly afraid I wouldn't be creative enough to come up with new things to try, but trying to master each level I find myself being spontaneously inventive and finding crazy ways to accomplish things.

Even more fun is talking with my wife after she's done some of the same levels. There's a whole lot of, "Man I didn't even think of that!!" It's pretty awesome. Definitely gonna buy it when it comes out.

NeoCracker
09-13-2009, 01:12 AM
My friends played it too, and let me tell you, some weird ass things happen in that game. Like in the fight between Cthullu and a chupacabra, the chupacabra won. XD

Also, a told him to type in communist, and some guy appeared, we were just surprised it worked, even if the result wasn't funny. Though then we typed in capitalist. It looked exactly like the communist, except he had a bunch of money. XD

Freya
09-13-2009, 01:50 AM
I want a DS so badly for this game :(

Yeargdribble
09-13-2009, 01:52 AM
I tried virgin and a guy with a gaming shirt appeared.

Dignified Pauper
09-13-2009, 03:22 AM
This game has so many interesting database items. And the way it was categorized is AMAZING.

Madame Adequate
09-14-2009, 01:20 AM
Also, a told him to type in communist, and some guy appeared, we were just surprised it worked, even if the result wasn't funny. Though then we typed in capitalist. It looked exactly like the communist, except he had a bunch of money. XD

Tell me they fought!

Also can someone confirm/deny the following;
Fidel Castro
Che Guevara
Augusto Pinochet
Juan Peron
Evita Peron
Pol Pot
Joe Stalin
Chairman Mao
Mikhail Gorbachev
Boris Yelstin
Vladimir Putin
Jimmy Carter
William Henry Harrison
John C. Calhoun
Cliffy B

ljkkjlcm9
09-14-2009, 01:34 AM
you want to know what words are in the game?
here: http://rush68.net/u/files/scribfull.txt
all 22,802 words

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
09-14-2009, 01:39 AM
The capitalist just ran away from the communist. :p

Psychotic
09-14-2009, 03:35 AM
The Scribblenauts artist drew something rather relevant to this forum. :p

Also has a bunch of Street Fighter ones on his blog, too.

JackNapier
09-14-2009, 04:45 AM
The Scribblenauts artist drew something rather relevant to this forum. :p

Also has a bunch of Street Fighter ones on his blog, too.

Could something like this one day be turned into DLC? I certainly wouldn't mind.

JKTrix
09-14-2009, 10:50 PM
The artist drew a bunch of avatars on request of different characters in the Scribblenauts style for NeoGAF users. He stopped long ago, but it was pretty dern cool. "NeoGAF" is in Scribblenauts too. It summons the site's logo, which you can ride, or spawn 'virgins' from it.

Psychotic
09-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Everything I do on this game seems to end with me riding a stegosaurus or a walrus while pumping a rocket launcher into some mythical ungodly being that is killing everything. Naturally both me and my steed sport either a top hat or a fedora.

Rantz
09-17-2009, 03:03 PM
I love this game. xD I was pleasantly surprised that "LHC" worked. When I fiddled with it it exploded myself and some other stuff, but it did create a black hole. I'm having so much fun.

Quindiana Jones
09-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Have you tried just writing "black hole" to get a black hole, Rantz? xD

Rantz
09-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh, I know you can get it like that, but I wasn't after the black hole. That was just a side effect of getting a huge badass machine to fiddle with.

Psychotic
09-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Three kids and their adorable kitten came to my house dressed up in various costumes. Trick or treat, the game said.

So I summoned Cthulhu. I completed the level as they ran screaming from him as he stomped on their cat. Trick, motherfuckers. :aimsun: