PDA

View Full Version : [Craft] Matryoshka & Friends Zippered Pouches!

Rye
09-09-2009, 02:31 AM
I purchased some really adorable (& expensive, gahhh~) fabric from Japan. I worked really hard to sew these well, and the zippers are pretty much completely straight, so even I have no qualms with them. It's fully lined with a matching orange & white polka dot fabric, with a funky durable purple zipper. It's strong!

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/matrosykafriendspouch1.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/matrosykafriendspouch2.jpg

They measure approx. 7 in. x 5 in.

I ordered a looooot of this fabric, so I'm actually going to be selling these. I'll be selling them for about $6, depending on the size.

So if you guys are super cereal serious about wanting to buy them, I'll totally put some TLC into making one for you. I'll be selling them on Etsy.com! Considering these weigh, like, nothing, I'm sure the shipping price will only be a dollar or two at most.

They're a good size for a bit of make-up in a pocket book, like lipsticks and lipglosses, for a cell phone, the average sized point and shoot camera, or something cute to put your TOILETRIES in. A good gift for the missus, guys!

So tell me what you think, and if you want to buy one? :jess:

Madame Adequate
09-09-2009, 02:32 AM
I will buy one! I need a new case for my pens etc~

scrumpleberry
09-09-2009, 02:46 AM
Y-YOU DID IT! OMG SO GORGEOUS

Marshall Banana
09-09-2009, 03:07 AM
I foresee you will become a great Jedi Knight.

Shlup
09-09-2009, 08:28 AM
This fabric seriously kills me. It has like all of my favorite things on it. If it had sushi my head would just fucking explode.

And this bag came out great!

I would build a lightbox and take the pictures in natural light before putting them on Etsy; these pictures make the colors looked kind of washed out and I remember you posting the fabric before and it looked much prettier.

I wonder how mad BJ would be if I requested you make me a camera case... I want SOMETHING with this fabric but I already have too many little zipper pouches!

xXsarahXx
09-09-2009, 08:36 AM
that is sooooo cute!
If the postage wasnt as horrific to the Uk as i think it may be i would have bought one :(

Rantz
09-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Wuyyyy it's adorable!

Rye
09-09-2009, 12:21 PM
This fabric seriously kills me. It has like all of my favorite things on it. If it had sushi my head would just smurfing explode.

And this bag came out great!

I would build a lightbox and take the pictures in natural light before putting them on Etsy; these pictures make the colors looked kind of washed out and I remember you posting the fabric before and it looked much prettier.

I wonder how mad BJ would be if I requested you make me a camera case... I want SOMETHING with this fabric but I already have too many little zipper pouches!

Hehehee. Yeah, I think I may well make a camera case, it uses very little fabric! I knew I should have grabbed some felt. Thanks!

For the pix I put on Etsy, I think I'll use my nice Canon DSLR to get some nice natural photos without flash!

Also, I don't think it'll cost that much to ship to the UK. I'm not sure, but how much it goes by weight, but this weighs virtually nothing, so.

Breine
09-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Very cute, and I like the colours a lot.

Rye
09-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Thank you!

Just letting y'all know that I sold two of them! So my stock is dwindling,if you want to buy one. :bigsmile:

My next project before I leave my sewing machine for two months (:( :( :() is going to be a present for Rye-Papa!

I'm gonna make him a big nylon pouch for his job! I'm gonna sew on a Ferrari decal on it too.

Shlup
09-11-2009, 02:36 AM
You sold two already?! Man, maybe I should've practiced sewing instead of playing with clay.

I want a camera bag! Like with the little heart button (unless you have a better idea). I have this (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_sd870is.asp) camera, dimensions being 3.7 x 2.3 x 1 in.

I will pay anything just give me an excuse to buy something with that fabric! And if it's easy to pick what part shows most prominently on the front, the matryoshkas are my favorite part. Eeee!

Rye
09-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Oh no, that's perfect! I think I'll try to find an orange ribbon, since the pink and black doesn't really match, but I'll totally put on that button, since I have a few extra. I'll get to it tomorrow, when I go shopping.

Shlup
09-11-2009, 03:25 AM
experiencing great joy

Rye
09-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Super convenient, our cameras are almost the same exact size, so I can just use it as my guide again!

Shlup
09-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Yay! If you finish it soon and I don't reply it's cause I'm camping this weekend. <3

Madame Adequate
09-12-2009, 01:34 PM
I can't believe you were talking about such a matter on 9/11. Women have no sense of propiety or gravitas. :mymelbert:

Shlup
09-13-2009, 11:17 PM
I guess it's a good thing I didn't post what song was stuck in my head all day then.

Rye
09-14-2009, 12:37 AM
ETSY TIME.

Shlup
09-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Too late, someone already bought it.

(It was me though.)

Rye
09-14-2009, 01:46 AM
Yay! First sale via Etsy! w00t w00t.

Now I just have to figure out how to accept my payments. ;_;

Shlup
09-14-2009, 02:23 AM
D'oh! xD

What do you mean? My payment should show up as a positive balance on your PayPal account. You can attach it to your bank account or have them mail you a check. I'm going to let it build up more before I ask for a check though.

Rye
09-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Nah, I got it now. PayPal was being like, 50 patoots, but the money is mein now.

I'm gonna ship it out tomorrow. :bigsmile:

nik0tine
09-29-2009, 10:41 PM
You should make a few more identical bags that keep getting smaller and put them inside one another!