PDA

View Full Version : Oh god, why? ;_;

NeoCracker
09-09-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm sure we are all familiar with the way MTV had completely bastardized music, as well as churn out mounds of garbage reality TV shows, and god knows what else.

But my friends? It isn't until now that they show how truly twisted they are. It has not been until now that they truly show their horrid, yellow, rotting teeth.

I give you MTV's remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117989391.html?categoryid=13&cs=1)

Mind you, this is being done without even mentioning it to O'Brian, the original writer of Rocky and It's songs. (http://io9.com/5037376/riff-raff-curses-mtvs-rocky-horror-remake)

MTV has thrown away any form of professional dignitiy and respect they may have had left with that move.

Breine
09-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Yesh, doesn't really sound like a good idea.

I remember when MTV was cool and all about the music. It's scary that it all changed in a matter of a couple of years.

Bunny
09-09-2009, 09:12 AM
At least it's more than a couple years old. Unlike Death at a Funeral.

TheAbominatrix
09-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Heard about this a while ago, wept for the state of the world, and then blocked it out. THANKS FOR BRINGING IT BACK UP ;_;

Remaking Rocky Horror is a bad idea, no matter who does it nor what their intention is. That movie was an amazing one of a kind flux that shall never be again.

By the way, since I don't have television at all I've taken to pretending Mtv doesn't exist. My world is so much better since.

xXsarahXx
09-09-2009, 09:19 AM
what.the.fuck.

That is all.

Namelessfengir
09-09-2009, 05:11 PM
whats next are they going to make a bastardized version of mst3k????

Crimson
09-09-2009, 05:22 PM
The film was weird enough, I dont think I wanna watch an MTV remake.

Agent Proto
09-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Having never seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show, I cannot say whether the new MTV remake would be a good thing, but I could imagine fans of the movie would be in total uproar about this. One thing we can learn is to not mess with a cult movie classic without the original creator's blessings.

theundeadhero
09-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I remember when MTV was cool and all about the music. It's scary that it all changed in a matter of a couple of years.A couple years? It's been that way for the past 15 years.

Elly
09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
but it only took a summer of "The Real World" to change it almost overnight, to the abomination it has been for the past 15+ years... all about the music my arse, the only music on MTV now is either before the sun comes up or background music for their :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty reality shows... and to touch Rocky Horror without Richard O'Brian's consent is unforgivable...