PDA

View Full Version : Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Necronopticous
09-09-2009, 08:22 PM
I've fallen in love, again.

Momiji
09-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Might have to buy this sooner than I thought.

Vermachtnis
09-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I still haven't beat Odin Sphere.

Marshall Banana
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
You can't play with her. >=(

I still haven't beat Odin Sphere.
You're missing out! The final bosses are awesome!

Ultima Shadow
09-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I did as soon as I saw a certain official artwork involving tentacles. =D

Can't wait for the european release! ...because I loved Odin Sphere, not because of the tentacles.

...well, not only because of the tentacles at least.

...maybe. :greenie:

NeoCracker
09-09-2009, 11:01 PM
The game is a beautiful masterpiece. While I'd still argue Odin sphere was the better game, it doesn't change the fact there is so much intense fun to be had in Muramasa. ^^

Though I'm upset I prefer playing Momohime, yet the other guy gets all the cool posses to fight. :(

ljkkjlcm9
09-10-2009, 02:57 AM
I love this game. It may very well be the best 3rd party game on the Wii.

I'm playing both characters simultaneously, alternating back and forth every chapter so they stay even. I'm honestly enjoying playing as the guy more.

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
09-10-2009, 04:23 AM
I beat the guys story, and all I have to say is Torohime is hot. Very, very, hot.

I did the same thing as you Jackal, though I was going in spurts of 2 acts at a time. Except for the guys last act. I finished two, noticed he was on the last act, and said screw it, and finished it there.

I believe it was seven acts long.

ljkkjlcm9
09-10-2009, 05:11 AM
Yeah there are 7 acts for each character, but there are also 3 endings for each character I believe. After you beat the story with both characters once, you can get a second ending, and after you beat the 2nd ending with both, you can get a 3rd ending.

Plus, there are some weapons you can only get by beating the game with both characters as well!

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
09-10-2009, 05:13 AM
And what weapon you have equiped when you win determines what ending you get...

The game told me after the first ending.

Raven Nox
09-10-2009, 06:23 AM
I've finished both Kisuke's and Momohime's stories once. I loved Odin Sphere, and I think that's a better game overall, but I still loved Muramasa a lot. Though it got rather button-mashy sometimes. Preferred Kisuke's story over Momohime's, though I also preferred playing as Momohime.

I was going to try and get the other endings, and I already can get the 2nd ones for them, but the last ones require making all the swords, and then being strong enough to equip the last one, so I haven't decided on that one yet. xD

I did as soon as I saw a certain official artwork involving tentacles. =D

I knew showing you that would get to you to buy this game. xD

ljkkjlcm9
09-11-2009, 03:07 AM
I got Momohime to level 99 during chapter 4 by fighting the Ice preistess girls or whatever. They respawned every time I reentered the screen, and it took only 4-5 fights to level each time. It was pretty awesome. Sadly the guy is still in like the 30s lol.

THE JACKEL

Marshall Banana
09-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Muramasa is perfect. =O

Necronopticous
09-15-2009, 08:46 AM
I got Momohime to level 99 during chapter 4 by fighting the Ice preistess girls or whatever. They respawned every time I reentered the screen, and it took only 4-5 fights to level each time.
I did this exact same thing for Kisuke. That screen is highly exploitable.

NeoCracker
09-15-2009, 09:50 AM
I have both over 80 right now, I'm just about to get Momohime's second ending, and I have every sword possible with the exceptions of the ones you need the second ending to obtain. :p

Marshall Banana
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I got Momohime to level 99 during chapter 4 by fighting the Ice preistess girls or whatever. They respawned every time I reentered the screen, and it took only 4-5 fights to level each time. It was pretty awesome. Sadly the guy is still in like the 30s lol.

THE JACKAL
I'm fighting them right now!

Edit: even though I've been playing for about ten hours, I just discovered the nice flip move (hold A and down, release A, and quickly release down, too). If it was part of the tutorial, I forgot it. Any others? Cool combos?

NeoCracker
09-15-2009, 02:01 PM
If you call spamming Wind over and over and constantly recharging with stones a combo, theres always that. :p

Also, All I need to do is level Momohime a couple times and equip her with Oboro, then I can get her third ending, and I'll have gotten them all.

I actually really liked Kisuke's third ending, as well as his second for that matter.

The first was a little too Romeo and Juliet for my tastes.

Though one thing I didn't like about his second ending, It paints Jinkuro to be the evil bastard he seemed in the beginning, regardless of his development through the plot

JKTrix
09-15-2009, 03:00 PM
even though I've been playing for about ten hours, I just discovered the nice flip move (hold A and down, release A, and quickly release down, too).

You can keep holding down, only need to release A.

Marshall Banana
09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Oh! You're right!