PDA

View Full Version : everything is opening in microsoft word

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Ok, so i'm trying to download visual boy advance player on my pc. only problem is its wanting to open in microsoft word. how do i get to open the zip folder instead of it opening in word?

rubah
09-10-2009, 03:40 AM
right click, it should have an option for "extract".

Or, in Explorer (not internet explorer, just like, my computer or somewhere), click Tool, Folder Options, File Types, go through the [very] long list until you find .ZIP (probably near the bottom!)

Then click "Change" and hopefully 'compressed file folder' is among the options!

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-10-2009, 03:44 AM
nope. nothing

o_O
09-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Shift + right click on the file and choose "Open With" and then choose "Other Program" or "Choose Default Program" or whatever the relevant option is. Then if you can't see Winzip, Winrar or Compressed Folder or another zip program click "Browse" and browse to wherever you have your zip program installed.

If you don't have a zip program installed or can't find it, go to WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files (http://www.rarlabs.com), download the latest version of WinRAR for your version of Windows and install it. At the end of the installation it will automatically try to associate with zip and rar files. Then you should be able to extract it like a regular achive.