PDA

View Full Version : Sazh and Ifrit

Northcrest
09-12-2009, 03:53 AM
i've read recently dat sazhs eidolon is ifrit n dat he turns into a racecar (sounds aite a little weird though). cant post links cuz i'm doin dis from my psp. though i read it both on wikipedia and gamespot. i'll add links as soon as i can access a computer.

Pete for President
09-12-2009, 09:51 AM
IGN had this in an article as well. Apparantly it transforms into a hot rod-ish car. I need to stop reading those articles, kinda gives away a lot of surprises...

Sword
09-13-2009, 11:57 PM
A race car? This is fucking stupid. I hope you're able to get through the game easily enough without using summons.

Wolf Kanno
09-17-2009, 12:37 AM
IGN had this in an article as well. Apparantly it transforms into a hot rod-ish car. I need to stop reading those articles, kinda gives away a lot of surprises...

I just died a little on the inside. :(

NeoCracker
09-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Your death gives me life.

And as silly as this tranformer mechanic is sounding, I won't let it get in the way if it works out well and is fun. :p

Fynn
09-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Yay! I guessed his Eidolon! :bounce:

Now, if only Hope gets Siren...

Kyros
09-17-2009, 06:38 PM
A race car? This is smurfing stupid. I hope you're able to get through the game easily enough without using summons.

Summons have never been necessary, just a fun factor or convenience. Only time they were really useful was in FFVIII b/c they determined what stats you could junction.

seiferalmasy2
09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
A race car? This is smurfing stupid. I hope you're able to get through the game easily enough without using summons.

Summons have never been necessary, just a fun factor or convenience. Only time they were really useful was in FFVIII b/c they determined what stats you could junction.

They were needed to beat Ruby Weapon in VII and were needed to beat a lot of bosses in X

leader of mortals
09-17-2009, 09:05 PM

They were needed to beat Ruby Weapon in VII and were needed to beat a lot of bosses in X

They were not needed to beat the Ruby Weapon and not even close to needed in FFX.

Formalhaut
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Agreed with LOM, although the Magus Sisters, after you power them up to deal close to 99999 damage owned, espicially with Passado (Or as I now call it, 99999-ado)

Fynn
09-17-2009, 10:55 PM

You forget FFVI, my good Kyros.

Ouch!
09-17-2009, 11:27 PM
While summons may not always have a necessary function in battle, they frequently have significance to the game's plot (FFVI, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII), so I expect that while you may be able to avoid them in combat, the transformation aspect will be unavoidable throughout the natural progression of the game.

Kyros
09-18-2009, 07:51 AM

You forget FFVI, my good Kyros.

I'll just reword it, they were never needed in combat ever.

FFX I guess is where they were most convenient from what I've played and by "they" I mean Anima hitting 2034873057084706 times for 99,999 and letting me be lazy by not having to sit there and push buttons to tell Tidus to use hit quick hit over and over till the enemy died.

Also, screw Ruby Weapon b/c he was a waste of time that gave you a crap reward. I already had a gold chocobo whose stats were tons better than this one and who was undefeated with probably like 50+ wins at gold saucer easy (yes I know I wasted too much time here I was bored and yes I faced that guy with the fedora on the black chocobo all the time, he sucked).

Northcrest
09-19-2009, 02:48 PM
i'm alright with da whole summons turning into vehicle (not da best idea, but i don't c a problem). it'll most likely give summons more purpose in da game than just monsters u summon cuz u found (VII).

Kyros
09-19-2009, 06:05 PM
If summons will be turning into vehicles I wonder if w/e summon they use for the wind element will be the new airship?

Fynn
09-19-2009, 07:59 PM
If summons will be turning into vehicles I wonder if w/e summon they use for the wind element will be the new airship?

It would make sense... What with all the other summons in the game :rolleyes2

Formalhaut
09-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Im Liking That Idea of Summon turns into Airship.

Northcrest
09-29-2009, 02:08 AM
well sorry guys but it turns out dat da fire summon with sazh is NOT ifrit. its supposidly a new summon named surt a fire knight. sorry for leadin u guys. though on da bright side we can expect 2 more characters cuz we all know hope is goin 2 get either ifrit, bahamuth, or siren.

Wolf Kanno
09-29-2009, 06:39 AM
Man... I've played too much MegaTen cause I saw Surt in XIII and was disappointed it wasn't a red giant with a flaming sword... :(

He kinda looks like a rejected Transformer from the Hollywood films. Wonder if he'll have an offensive voice to go with it...

Calarandir
09-30-2009, 12:27 AM
well sorry guys but it turns out dat da fire summon with sazh is NOT ifrit. its supposidly a new summon named surt a fire knight. sorry for leadin u guys. though on da bright side we can expect 2 more characters cuz we all know hope is goin 2 get either ifrit, bahamuth, or siren.

I don't think we should automatically presume that each summon in the game is used by a player character, they could be summons of other l'Cies that aren't playable.

Markus. D
10-03-2009, 06:22 AM
The bike, from what I've seen does look a little wierd in battle xD!

But awful useful (as it seems to trigger constant adjacent/nearby attacks).

sir helix
10-13-2009, 05:29 PM
all hail bahamut the pogo stick.................

in 12, the summons sucked so bad, Not only did they copletly smurf up the camra, they completly waisted mp if they died no sooner than you summoned them, When I Had to use belias to open the damn gate to giruvegan I spent X+ hours trying to figure out what it ment by blah blah blah gigas, Thank god mean wile my friend was still in raithwals tomb and i heard belias referred to as a gigas and it jolted my brain.

Iv read that Lightning, wile summoning odin, she can ride on his horse and attack the enemy, and im now happy that snows weapon is his fist, I was really pissed by all the long range crap, But im not to sure about the racecar, it just dont seam very FFish

Wolf Kanno
10-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Actually, Snowe's weapon is his trenchcoat... Its hinted to apparently be a super suit that augments his abilities.