PDA

View Full Version : If life had a save/restore function...

blackmage_nuke
09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
BUT you could only had one save file at a time, how often would you save?

Meat Puppet
09-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Probably once, forget about it, and then like after like a really good 40 years and go FFS

I meant crash, but I forgot to write it. Oh well.

krissy
09-12-2009, 07:47 AM
right before laser tag
so i wouldn't have to pay every time

G13
09-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Thousands. I'm always putting my foot in my mouth, or doing something stupid. I actually find myself thinking quite often "I should save before I..." and thinking afterwards "Thank god no one can read minds, 'cause that was just stupid!".

krissy
09-12-2009, 08:07 AM
but everytime you overwrite the save you have potentially stopped yourself from doing something more important than saving face

and i do that too :(

Momiji
09-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Well, if you think about it, the best potential would be to save once and only once, so you can keep reliving your life in different ways.

Saving often with one file means you can't go back as far.

G13
09-12-2009, 08:31 AM
That would be excellent. Then you could change things that happened back then. Prevent disasters. You could be a superhero. :D

guffman
09-12-2009, 08:34 AM
every time i get drunk...

Blue Harvest
09-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Well, if you think about it, the best potential would be to save once and only once, so you can keep reliving your life in different ways.

This. If I had a save file back when I was 16 I could change things for myself in so many ways.

Necronopticous
09-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Oh, the things I'd do.

Tavrobel
09-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh, the people I'd do.

Aerith's Knight
09-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm guessing there would be a lot more sex in the world if people weren't afraid of the consequences of even asking. If she said no, you restore and no akwardness remains.

Vermachtnis
09-12-2009, 05:13 PM
If I was walking down a street at night and saw a save point, I'd turn around. Cause there's a boss fight around the corner and I'm very underleveled.

krissy
09-12-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm guessing there would be a lot more sex in the world if people weren't afraid of the consequences of even asking. If she said no, you restore and no akwardness remains.

wow if it hadn't been for that second sentence i would have thought you were selling these save point systems as a mechanism for rape without consequences

hmm

Aerith's Knight
09-12-2009, 05:58 PM

wow if it hadn't been for that second sentence i would have thought you were selling these save point systems as a mechanism for rape without consequences

hmm

That's just sick. Get help, buddy.

Rye
09-12-2009, 07:39 PM

Saving often with one file means you can't go back as far.

That's the most clever thing, Jussy-kins. I always feel like I wish I could choose a different path in terms of career and life choices, because I like to do so many things. I'd probably save once, probably at the beginning of High School, since I feel like before then, I had no real life choices.

Rantz
09-12-2009, 07:49 PM
But then at the end of your life you'll be all "sure there are more things I'd like to try but a whole new life? cbaaaaaa".

Rye
09-12-2009, 07:51 PM
That's true. I'd get so dependent on new inventions.

I'd rather just be constantly reincarnated as... a princess. :mymelmagic:

rubah
09-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I'd use it and do reckless things. I think it's a good idea to be bold, so I don't like Momiji's idea. It seems to me that you won't really learn anything if you run away from scary situations back to your save point. But I do like the idea of staying alive. So sky diving, rock climbing, etc.

Saves on insurance, anyways

Madonna
09-12-2009, 09:13 PM
But then at the end of your life you'll be all "sure there are more things I'd like to try but a whole new life? cbaaaaaa".What are we, a membership of Freeds?!

I thought the Records of Fate would have shown us the folly of this already! When time collapses and sinks into compressed space where it no longer functions, let me be the first to say I told you so!

Caraliz
09-12-2009, 10:41 PM

hmm
ahahahaha

Aerith's Knight
09-12-2009, 11:36 PM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2900/impliedrap.jpg

Croyles
09-13-2009, 02:35 AM
If life had a save function id download one off the internet :)

Once would be best so I could forget about it (thats if I dont get addicted to it...)

Peegee
09-13-2009, 06:05 AM
/checks it is GC

I would pay to have something horribly hedonistic done for me. But not what it is going to be.

Then I would save just before I get to decide.

Trust me there's very few better restore points :)

Jojee
09-13-2009, 07:39 AM
My save point would be maybe senior year of high school. Then I'd live out my life, get old, be happy, and then start over. Then I could take a completely different path! Apply to new colleges, get a new major, make a different life. ^_^

theundeadhero
09-13-2009, 10:11 AM
I would probably play to the first save point, think it sucks and then forget to ever play it again.

Rodarian
09-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Well..To indulge my sadistic side.... I would save in a quiet corner......Before I go all out on a rampage and destroy everything and everyone around me....I shall kompress time and be the ruler of this realm...

After that I'll go back to my save point and resume my daily life as per usual....

The Space Pope
09-14-2009, 07:03 AM
I'd never save because life isn't any fun if you know that whatever you do won't have any repercussions and know whats going to happen ahead of time.

Denmark
09-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Shift+F1

*luck manipulation*

Shift+F1

*victory fanfare*