PDA

View Full Version : CD-R Writer not working properly

Mogi
09-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I've burned CD-Rs on this writer a few times with no difficulty at all. I'm using WMP. I do everything as normal, but as the songs are being "copied to CD," the burning will abruptly stop and all of the songs will say "closing CD." Once it copied only one and a half songs and the second (and last) time I tried, it copied only five and a half songs, when in both cases I was copying sixteen songs. Also, because of the abruptness, every time that it has happened, the last song copied is cut in half.

These are CD-Rs, so they aren't expensive, but I have literally no money and I don't want to waste them. D:

Is there something wrong with my drive? I'm completely 100% sure that there weren't too many songs and that the maximum file size was well below the CD-R's limit.

They're memorex CD-Rs, if that helps any.

I'd really like to know how to fix this.
DX
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

rubah
09-12-2009, 10:01 PM
What speed were you trying to burn them at?

Mogi
09-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I hadn't addressed anything related to a write-speed, so I guess whatever is default.

Baloki
09-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Create a virtual CD drive and burn it to there and if it works burn it to the CD-R? It might be DRM stopping the copying.

Mogi
09-20-2009, 10:31 PM
How do I make a virtual CD drive without downloading anything?

o_O
09-21-2009, 12:44 AM
You can't. Try PowerISO or if you want something small, try Microsoft's <a href="http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpvirtualcd.html">virtual drive tool</a>.