PDA

View Full Version : Leighton Meester: Gossip Girl-turned-pop star!

SuperMillionaire
09-14-2009, 01:10 AM
YouTube - Cobra Starship: Good Girls Go Bad Lyrics! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JK7IKSfyLE)

(Sorry, I couldn't find the official music video.)

Leighton Meester, an actress who is known for her role as Blair Waldorf on the TV show Gossip Girl, has decided to go into singing! She collaborated with dance-rock band Cobra Starship on the hit single "Good Girls Go Bad," and is working on her soon-to-be-released debut album. Her voice is actually pretty good.

Freya
09-14-2009, 01:56 AM
I heard this song a while ago but I didn't know it was her singing it. Surprise surprise I guess!

Bunny
09-14-2009, 04:13 AM
She's done a couple episodes of Entourage where she plays a pop star. She looks funny to me.

McLovin'
09-14-2009, 05:26 AM
Oh come on. Another?

SuperMillionaire
09-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I have never actually watched Gossip Girl, but I think she's cute! (And Blake Lively, too!) I think one time on the show, she did some sort of burlesque dance thing on the show, which I read about in an entertainment magazine.

~*~Celes~*~
09-19-2009, 06:08 AM
I have never actually watched Gossip Girl, but I think she's cute! (And Blake Lively, too!) I think one time on the show, she did some sort of burlesque dance thing on the show, which I read about in an entertainment magazine.

Ah, the infamous Victor, Victrola scene, where the infamous Chair coupling first took flight :heart:

Honestly, I loved her in Good Girls Go Bad, but...that's it :\ Her rendition of Betty Davis Eyes isn't that great imho, and same with her Inside The Black that featured in the movie Drive In (or something like that).

I love watching her on Gossip Girl <3

Fun fact: she also appeared on a couple of episodes of House as Dr. House's stalker named Alex. Her natural hair color shows in those episodes.

SuperMillionaire
09-23-2009, 09:31 PM
So you're a fan of the show, eh?

The song seems to tie in with her role in Gossip Girl; she plays a bad girl on the show. Her voice is pretty good, actually.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
09-24-2009, 11:45 AM
I'd Hit that XD

Actually shes quite good in Gossip girl!

SuperMillionaire
09-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Yeah, she's attractive, all right! And so are Blake Lively and Taylor Momsen (although the latter is too young right now).

~*~Celes~*~
09-28-2009, 09:30 PM
I am a rather big fan of GG :D It's a guilty pleasure.

SuperMillionaire
10-06-2009, 10:40 PM
I know that Blake Lively and Penn Badgley are lovers both on the show AND in real life!

UPDATE: I found the official music video.

YouTube - [HQ] "Good Girls Go Bad" - Cobra Starship ft. Leighton Meester OFFICIAL VIDEO + DOWNLOAD!! ☺ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkROVv0SqLM)

Check it out!