PDA

View Full Version : I lost my turtle.

Bastian
09-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Some of you might be familiar with my turtle. He is pictured here:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/56/picture001sk.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2856/picture002tg.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/811/picture003ew.jpg

I was away at my friends' overnight and when I came home, I saw my back door screen ajar. I had stupidly forgotten to lock it. Had someone broken into my house? Nothing was stolen. I checked on my cat (she was fine). I checked on my turtle. He was not in his habitat (a kid's large wading pool).

I freaked out. I checked EVERYWHERE in the apartment three times. Everywhere. I freaked out some more. Remembering that the back screen door was ajar, I looked around a bit outside, but didn't see him.
I searched inside again. And outside again. And inside again. And freaked out again. And decided he HAD to be outside and looked.

And he was under a bush.

I was so happy I cried. And felt extremely happy for the rest of the day.

Has anyone else lost a pet only to find them later?

Marshall Banana
09-14-2009, 03:30 AM
He played a mean trick on you. :kaoclove:

Lawr
09-14-2009, 03:31 AM
Yeah one time my fish got lost! I freaked out bro.

TheAbominatrix
09-14-2009, 03:41 AM
That sounds awful. Seriously, I would have started crying about half way into that.

We've had a couple of our dogs get out and take off before, and they always came back by the end of the day. Now I own two indoor/outdoor cats, and sometimes they arent back by dinner and it makes me nervous, but they always come back before I start to freak.

I'm glad you found your turtle! Shlup's turtle ran away once and never came back ;_;

Freya
09-14-2009, 04:01 AM
I lost a dog and a cat this year :( Dunno where they went ;_;

BUT I do have a 14 yr old cat that I lost when he was 3 and he came back a month later! I also had a cat that was a tomcat that left for a year and came back half blind and completely deaf.

What's your turtles name?

Medi
09-14-2009, 04:21 AM
In around 6th grade, we had this cat that was both blind and deaf (we found him as a kitten on our property, where many stray cats fornicated). We took him in, cared for him. It was really depressing to see it run around in circles sometimes. Anywho, one night, we couldn't find him anywhere inside our house. The next morning, as I was walking down my long driveway to get to the bus, I found him sitting in the middle of it. Such a relief!

He ended up dying out of some health problem. =\

The Space Pope
09-14-2009, 04:35 AM
i lost my virginity and found it in the sock drawer of an old blind jazz musician who was using it masturbatory inspiration

Shlup
09-14-2009, 04:41 AM
When a similar thing happened with my turtle, I did not find her again. ;___________;

Once my bunny got out of his pen so I went door-to-door hunting for him. Everyone said they hadn't seen him so I went home to be sad. Later, a girl my age (15, I think) from down the street came to the door with her little brothers and... my bunny! I had asked the little brats directly if they had seen him, and they said 'no' hoping they could keep him. Their sister recognized him and made them apologize.

Little bastards.

This thread has made me sad!

Rye
09-14-2009, 05:58 AM
I freak out daily, when I have trouble finding one of my aquatic pals in my 10 gallon tank when I take stock first thing in the morning.

It's pretty much always:

WHERE IS MY FROG.

WHERE ISS HEEEE. ;_______;''

Oh. Thar he. *goes to brush teef*

rubah
09-14-2009, 06:07 AM
When I was almost three years old, my family moved from our trailer to the house next door. (next door being like .3 km away)

We had three pets at the time, AFAIK, Boug the massively overweight beagle, Cocoa the orange tabby, and Puppa, a black lab that I must assume I named. We were pretty good friends.

Anyways, Cocoa and Boug moved with us, but I guess Puppa didn't like the new digs, as (he? she? I wasn't exactly to the state of development where i was using pronouns correctly) ran away.

As for pets that have been found, we had to chase my cat Cato around quite a bit when he was still young. He was old enough to go outside by himself, and we had to acknowledge that he was growing up and big enough to stay outside all night when he'd run off to the bluff where we couldn't get to him in the dark xD I remember one night my dad and I ran all over trying to catch him xD

When my mom got her little chihuahua, she lived in constant terror a hawk or something would have the bad judgment to carry off her dog. (I'd leave it be, if I were a bird of prey 8))

Jessweeee♪
09-14-2009, 06:10 AM
My mom "accidentally" scared my cat out the door and she didn't come back for like a week. Then my mom made her stay outside forever. I cried :(

The Space Pope
09-14-2009, 06:10 AM
I freak out daily, when I have trouble finding one of my aquatic pals in my 10 gallon tank when I take stock first thing in the morning.

It's pretty much always:

WHERE IS MY FROG.

Oh. Thar he. *goes to brush teef*
WHY DO YOU TYPE SO SMALL

Momiji
09-14-2009, 06:11 AM
WHERE IS MY FROG.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/lostfrog-1.jpg

Rye
09-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Because something has to distract from how tiny my wee wee is... :(

EDIT: Justin, that note looks downright sinister. xD

The Space Pope
09-14-2009, 06:15 AM
Because something has to distract from how tiny my wee wee is... :(

BUT YOU ARE A FEMALE AND FROM WHAT I KNOW HUMAN FEMALES POSSESS VAGINAS WHILE HUMAN MALES POSSESS A PENIS COMMA DO NOT TELL ME THAT KINDERGARTEN COP LIED TO ME EXCLAMATION POINT

Bastian
09-14-2009, 08:08 AM
That lost frog note is sad. :(

I'm now paranoid and check on Turtle (yes, that's his name, I didn't name him, I stole him from my ex) incessantly. And keep his bedroom door closed when I'm not in there (his bedroom is also my music studio).

ShlupQuack: I'm sorry you weren't able to find your turtle; that's awful. :( I'm glad those little a-holes gave you back your bunny.

Rye: what's your frog's name?

Breine
09-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Many years ago, when I still had a dog, he one day ran away from home and didn't come back for hours. He finally and luckily came back, though. He just walked in through the open door looking all aloof and cool, while I was starting to have a panic attack.

Blue Harvest
09-14-2009, 11:49 AM
I've never lost a pet (except to death by old age) but when our current dog was a puppy she escaped once (stupid BT guy left the door open) and I chased her for ages. Eventually I gave up and went home and she came back ten minutes later acting as if nothing happened.

Rye
09-14-2009, 02:59 PM
That lost frog note is sad. :(

I'm now paranoid and check on Turtle (yes, that's his name, I didn't name him, I stole him from my ex) incessantly. And keep his bedroom door closed when I'm not in there (his bedroom is also my music studio).

ShlupQuack: I'm sorry you weren't able to find your turtle; that's awful. :( I'm glad those little a-holes gave you back your bunny.

Rye: what's your frog's name?

His name is Buddha, because African Dwarf Frogs are privy to just floating in the water in a kind of zen pose. It's so cool.

http://frogworld.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/african-dwarf-frog-shadow.jpg

Madame Adequate
09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
When Jinx was just a tiny, tiny new kitten he disappeared one day. We hunted high and low and could not find him, so we eventually thought he had got out the front door at some point. We looked all around outside, called his name, rattled cat food...

And then when I was walking to get a drink from the kitchen I heard the faintest noise, and looked again behind a cupboard we'd already searched behind. But we hadn't looked under it. He had managed to stick his head under it in such a way that he couldn't get it out, and nor could he open his mouth to meow or anything.

Silly cat is silly.

Rye
09-14-2009, 04:07 PM
When Jinx was just a tiny, tiny new kitten he disappeared one day. We hunted high and low and could not find him, so we eventually thought he had got out the front door at some point. We looked all around outside, called his name, rattled cat food...

And then when I was walking to get a drink from the kitchen I heard the faintest noise, and looked again behind a cupboard we'd already searched behind. But we hadn't looked under it. He had managed to stick his head under it in such a way that he couldn't get it out, and nor could he open his mouth to meow or anything.

Silly cat is silly.

HOW DID YOU GET IT OUT OH MY GOD. ;;

Madame Adequate
09-14-2009, 06:23 PM
We lifted the cupboard up. xD

Bastian
09-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Silly Jinx!

That reminds me of my ex-roomie's cat Buba. My roomie had moved out and I had to take care of Buba for several months. One day when I got home from work I heard his distinctive strange meow coming from the kitchen every five minutes or so . . . but I looked everywhere and couldn't find him. I looked in all the cupboards and such . . . nowhere. And he would never meow when I was actually IN the kitchen, so it was difficult to pinpoint where exactly he was. But finally he did.

He was all the way up on top of these cupboards that were attached to the wall above the refrigerator with only about a foot's clearance from the ceiling. Because of the angle, it was impossible to see him up there, but when I climbed up on the stove, there he was. Silly Buba!

Yar
09-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Every time my dad lets out my dog I flip out almost to the point of rage because he never leashes him up.

And it's not like the dog will run away, he always comes back. But still! That's IRRESPONSIBLE :mad2: :hot:

Rodarian
09-14-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm glad you found mr.turtle! :D

Never lost a pet..But I did have the neighbor's adolescent collie follow me all the way to my elementary school decades ago...

My mom came over and picked the dog up and kept it until they returned from work.

Iceglow
09-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Once Monty one of my cats disappeared overnight. We searched everywhere in the house believing he couldn't get out, due to foxes in the area we had no cat flap ect and no one had left the house in the night. Eventually when I went to work thoroughly depressed I opened the front door and heard his distinctive meowing at me I looked round and hiding under a bush, scared stiffless was Monty I was so happy I found him, so I told him off for going out. He'd climbed on to the windowsill near the open bedroom window in my sisters room and fallen out.