PDA

View Full Version : Family on the Internet?

Jessweeee♪
09-15-2009, 04:14 AM
Do you feel weird talking to parents and such over the internet? Is it normal for you? Or maybe you enjoy watching your family do things like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/jesse053/mommy.jpg

It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

Raistlin
09-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Parents on the internet in and of itself is pretty normal (I email mine fairly regularly), but parents on IM or Facebook or message boards would definitely be weird.

Yar
09-15-2009, 04:30 AM
My mom has Facebook

I have Facebook

We both know each other has a Facebook

We will not friend each other

JackNapier
09-15-2009, 04:32 AM
My mom has Facebook

I have Facebook

We both know each other has a Facebook

We will not friend each other

In most situations this is how it should be. Or else we get the picture in Jessweeee's post.

Unbreakable Will
09-15-2009, 04:35 AM
My mom has Facebook,
I have Myspace,
My step-dad wonders what the fuck Myspace and Facebook are,
This makes a happy Will

Rye
09-15-2009, 04:36 AM
My brother has a dA, we talk on there sometimes.

His internet-isms are cute. My 17 year old brother constantly uses ":3"

Meat Puppet
09-15-2009, 04:41 AM
I email/IM my family all the time. My mom has had a facebook for centuries, and keeps trying to force me into getting one. I don’t think so, Tim.

Freya
09-15-2009, 04:43 AM
I lol at this site often.

Oh Crap. My Parents Joined Facebook. (http://myparentsjoinedfacebook.com/)

My mom has a myspace but she never goes on it. My aunt on the other hand tries to stalk me. I ignore her on facebook.

Bastian
09-15-2009, 04:44 AM
I would never ever friend my mom on a social networking site. We email each other all the time and have a great relationship . . . but there needs to be SOME boundary. Thank god she barely can manage to send an email. :P I had to help her remember how to attach files recently. :P

rubah
09-15-2009, 04:49 AM
*looks up jessicake*

My parents and brother have facebook. Mom hasn't ever logged in. Dad doesn't seem to use it much. I usually talk to him over AIM anyways.
my brother also has a twitter, but I haven't seen him use it hardly

theundeadhero
09-15-2009, 04:53 AM
My mom is on my Facebook. What is she going to do, come hunt me down and whip me with a flyswatter if she don't like something? I post whatever I want and encourage any of my friends to do the same.

Rodarian
09-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Parents using internet is ok.

Chatting to Parents via Internet..Too weird.. I'd rather call them or send them an email.

I do have my mom on my facebook mistress, but on limited profile! :D

Rantz
09-15-2009, 07:39 AM
I don't give out secrets on Facebook anyway, so I wouldn't mind friending them if they got one. :roll2

Shlup
09-15-2009, 07:54 AM
I lol at this site often.

Oh Crap. My Parents Joined Facebook. (http://myparentsjoinedfacebook.com/)

Ha! *favs*

I'm Facebook friends with my mom, my uncles, my aunt, 3/4 of my cousins, seven of my mother's cousins, five of their kids, and their father, my mother's boyfriend, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, my brother-in-law, 1/3 of my cousins-in-law, and my grandma.

I don't have a problem with it. My family likes being able to see my pictures and know what I'm up to. BJ, on the other hand, only added his brother and sister as friends, ignoring the friend requests of his mother and even his 21-year-old cousin. xD

I don't really hide anything from my family so it's never been an issue.

Breine
09-15-2009, 08:45 AM
My dad has a facebook account, but he never uses it.

What is strange, though, is when the parents of your friends send you a request to become their friend on facebook.

It's like.. I know them and like them, but I don't want them to mess around on my profile.

Blue Harvest
09-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't talk to my family online. I don't like talking to them offline either.

Aerith's Knight
09-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Healthy family disfunction

Parker
09-15-2009, 10:03 AM
I have it so I don't show up in facebook search for privacy and security reasons (im a minor celebrity) and the bonus is that my mom can't find and add me.

The thought of her commenting on my cosplay pix.......-shudder-

scrumpleberry
09-15-2009, 03:47 PM
When I had a facebook my mother got sooo upset that I wouldn't add her xDDD She got really angry with me!

Vermachtnis
09-15-2009, 04:26 PM
My mom has a Myspace and I have a Facebook. So I'm good. She's on my MSN though.

But my friend is not so lucky. One time he put up his status as: thinking about skipping class today. And his dad came on and said: Oh you better not. And two later: So I went to class today...

The Space Pope
09-18-2009, 01:38 PM
One of my relatives tried getting me on facebook but I hate facebook and her so I didn't.

I kept taking swigs out of my flask in her bathroom to keep myself from throwing her out the window and telling everyone on the block that she supported Idi Amin.

Loony BoB
09-18-2009, 01:52 PM
I got my Mum to join EoFF, LJ and Facebook. What I found amusing is when I was helping her add friends via her email address book, she skipped over a lot of people going "Ugh! No!" xD

My sister, stepbrother and cousin are all registered here as well as Mum. My half-sister, stepsister, stepbrother and sister all communicate with me by other means, too. Dad sometimes emails me, as does my stepmum. Mum prefers to call but emails often enough as well (along with Facebook/LJ updates, which I often forget to check).

No worries here - I have very little to hide.

The Space Pope
09-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Same here, I only use a single blade of grass to cover my loins when I vacation to Hawaii.

Unbreakable Will
09-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Same here, I only use a single blade of grass to cover my loins when I vacation to Hawaii.
It seems that space folk are less endowed :p

aquatius
09-18-2009, 03:36 PM
I deleted all my family off Facebook... It just would be weird, plus most of my cousins don't know I'm gay which could lead to awkward situations.

Breine
09-18-2009, 03:52 PM
I found some cousins of mine that I haven't seen since I was a kid, so it was both strange and kinda nice to add them as friends - to find out what they're up to and how they now look :)

Rodarian
09-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Awww I want you all to add me on facebook mistress (pssst just state the secret password eoff...DO we even have a group at that place even??!

Loony BoB
09-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Pretty sure we do, actually.

EDIT: Yes, we do. (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=73448&id=100000166482236&comments=&alert=#/group.php?gid=4899429825&ref=ts)

Shlup
09-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Ha! I didn't even know. The only EoFFers I have as Facebook friends are Kalen and eest.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-18-2009, 07:20 PM
My mom has Facebook but rarely uses it. It's fine with me~

Caraliz
09-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I added my brother and my sister, but there is no way I'd add my mother or my father. That would just be really, really, really weird. My mom knows I have a facebook, I know she has one, and we've never added each other.

She really doesn't need to spy on me more than she does. >:x

Jess
09-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Loads of my family have facebook!

My mum, dad, brother, cousins, aunties, uncles, grandma...
about half my family! (and I have a BIG family.)

I'm friends with them all on facebook. We're a close family, and everybodies really laid back so I can say what I like without lectures or embarrasment. xD I love my family, they're great.