PDA

View Full Version : Fight the system!

Aerith's Knight
09-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Let out after murdering someone, apparently.

I doubt anyone of you can read this (http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/2082170/acht-jaar-cel-plus-tbs-afslachting-in-almelo.html), but someone in the Netherlands killed a guy he was staying with by stabbing him with a knive repeatedly, broke the knive on the skull, got another knive, finished the job and left the guy in a pool of his own blood.

Then he was caught and got 8 years in prison for murder in the first degree, out of the requested 10(wtf, maximum of ten?). 8 years! Might as well just give him a "You've been naughty" card and send him home. God, I hate this justice system. The prison cells have their own tv with games, for god's sake!

In what political aspect of your country are you ashamed of/angry about/determined to ignore?

Old Manus
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Oh my god there's two topics my brain is melting!

Quindiana Jones
09-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I suppose my "Completely covered in sequins" post is now useless. :(

Aerith's Knight
09-15-2009, 01:40 PM
...You know what, I'll change the topic.

Fonzie
09-15-2009, 01:42 PM
That link is not english, and no one likes french links!

Aerith's Knight
09-15-2009, 01:53 PM
It's Dutch, person who has no idea that tone of voice is impossible to find in text. And I already told you it happened in the Netherlands, do you really think it'll be in the New York times?

Psychotic
09-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Let's not call people morons.
In what political aspect of your country are you ashamed of/angry about/determined to ignore?This fella.
http://kosmopolit.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/gordon_brown.jpg

I wonder how many non-British people even know who this man is.

Fonzie
09-15-2009, 01:58 PM
It's Dutch, moron. And I already told you it happened in the Netherlands, do you really think it'll be in the New York times?

Apparently the Dutch were never never taught the skills and trades of sarcasm!

Poor third-world countries! :p

Aerith's Knight
09-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Apparently the Dutch were never never taught the skills and trades of sarcasm!

Sarcasm is poorly communicated in text. Normal people know that by now. But my apologies, I shouldn't have called you that. But we just really really really hate the french.

Poor third-world countries! :p

Yet we have a well-funded social security system, health insurance and pension funds.

Although the amount of foreigners we get because of that social security system is another thing I'd rather not think about.

What did he do?

Levian
09-15-2009, 02:07 PM
A bit misleading title, so I changed it!

The aspect of politics I'm determined to ignore is people who insist on talking politics on a drunken night out! It just doesn't belong, and more often than not it ruins the mood because some people end up in major disagreement.

Quindiana Jones
09-15-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm angry about all NHS hate. The people who dislike it are the people who have put bugger all research into it.

I'm also angry about the British government. In my eyes, Labour will always be the best in theory, but in practice, they all seem to be the same selfish morons.

rubah
09-15-2009, 04:18 PM

I had a good guess, and it was correct!

scrumpleberry
09-15-2009, 04:40 PM

What did he do?

Oh my god you absolute moron :lol: I'm going to get angry and start being accusatory and rude now because that's the way to deal with misunderstandings and jokes :cool:

Psychotic
09-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Oh my god you absolute moron :lol:
Let's not call people morons. :twak:

Madame Adequate
09-15-2009, 05:04 PM
They're a bunch of gutless communists who aren't merely tolerating the nanny state but are openly inviting it into their lives.