PDA

View Full Version : Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-15-2009, 10:18 PM
The third—and, by all appearances (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24959), best—game in the highly exuberant Mario & Luigi RPG series is released today. This time, Bowser swallows the Mario Bros., and they have to work in tandem with him by navigating and manipulating his highly unlikely internal structure. This also means you're also in control of the Koopa King himself, at regular size as well as in Godzilla-scale battles where you turn the DS on its side for a more vertical perspective.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/mario/e32009bowser.png

Basically, Nintendo made this game for Lamonda.

JKTrix
09-15-2009, 11:17 PM
This game is practically at the top of my 'buy soon' list, however I know that if I buy it now I will mess myself up since I have finals next week. Right after finals though, this will be mine.

Momiji
09-16-2009, 02:15 AM
This game looks like a lot of fun. I didn't play the second Mario and Luigi game, though-- but I loved the first one.

I think this will get second priority to Muramasa, which gets second priority to all of my anime-buying whims. :p

Evastio
09-16-2009, 02:23 AM
When I first heard that Bowser would be playable in the next Mario & Luigi game, I was thinking the three would work as a trio.

But I must say Mario and Luigi messing around with Bowser's body to help him sounds more innovative. :D

JackNapier
09-16-2009, 02:55 AM
I just bought this game earlier today and let me tell you, it is a gem. I haven't played too much just yet but at this point it feels like the original Super Mario RPG mixed with platforming and typical DS features. Translation: GET THIS GAME! If the Kingdom Hearts game is good as well then the DS will have officially owned September, what with Scribblenauts, Bowser's Inside Story, etc.

Marshall Banana
09-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Toad genocide?

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/emoticons/bowserlaugh.gif

I'll try this game out after I complete Muramasa.

Levian
09-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Still a couple more months to go for us poor europeans. I might just end up importing this and Professor Layton though.

Depression Moon
09-17-2009, 01:54 PM
I would definitely buy this if I had a DS

Flying Arrow
10-17-2009, 06:26 PM
This game interests me to no end, but I can't do another Nintendo hand-holding affair. Is this game at all challenging for someone over the age of 10?

JKTrix
10-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Have you ever played one of the handheld Mario RPGs? The 'challenge' comes mostly from the action-based combat system.

Flying Arrow
10-17-2009, 06:52 PM
I have played Superstar Saga for the GBA. While it is admittedly charming and I genuinely wanted to see it through to the end, I found that it was much, much too easy and convenient. The battling is enjoyable, of course, but can't compensate for the fact that most puzzles or mazes have a conveniently-placed sign giving out details just short of the solution. I'm perfectly open to the idea that these games are just not made for me, which is kind of sad because Legend of the Seven Stars on the SNES thrilled me to no end back in the day :(

ljkkjlcm9
10-18-2009, 02:10 AM
I find parts of the game challenging, especially if you do the actual "challenge" things in the game. I haven't quite beaten it yet, but it's an enjoyable game.

THE JACKEL