PDA

View Full Version : Social Groups

rubah
09-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Now have categories, and the regional groups have generic google search images for your viewing pleasure :bigsmile:

Go join your regional group, if you haven't yet!
http://forums.eyesonff.com/group.php?cat=2

Psychotic
09-16-2009, 08:10 PM
I like to troll the Scandinavian group by posting random words in Swedish. I have no idea what I am saying to them, but it seems to get them really riled up so I assume it's working.

Flodhästar lever i flockar med upp till 20 individer. Varje flock har ett tydligt avgränsat territorium som markeras med avföring. Äldre hannar lever ibland ensamma men oftast är de ledare för en flock som består av honor, ungdjur och ibland unga hannar. Reviret försvaras genom strider som kan leda till döden för en av rivalerna.

Yar
09-16-2009, 08:21 PM
oh great. corn.

rubah
09-16-2009, 08:22 PM
it's very iconic

Kawaii Ryûkishi
09-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't think I noticed before, but Southern US Loves EoFF has the best header image. You've got the Spanish moss in the foreground, the monument to racism in the background... It's just so <i>apt</i>.

Marshall Banana
09-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Monda's Strawberry Patch is still gone. =(

Bastian
09-16-2009, 11:19 PM
oh great. corn.
Ha! Ha!

So are you "corn-fed" Yar?

Levian
09-17-2009, 12:29 AM
I like to troll the Scandinavian group by posting random words in Swedish. I have no idea what I am saying to them, but it seems to get them really riled up so I assume it's working.

Flodhästar lever i flockar med upp till 20 individer. Varje flock har ett tydligt avgränsat territorium som markeras med avföring. Äldre hannar lever ibland ensamma men oftast är de ledare för en flock som består av honor, ungdjur och ibland unga hannar. Reviret försvaras genom strider som kan leda till döden för en av rivalerna.

It's not trolling if we enjoy it.

Meat Puppet
09-17-2009, 03:53 AM
segregation! i boycott

Madonna
09-17-2009, 05:14 AM
The US Southwest is nothing akin to its South; the association leaves me feeling faintly nauseated!

Breine
09-17-2009, 07:41 AM

It's not trolling if we enjoy it.

Besides, who doesn't want to learn about hippos in Swedish?

Aerith's Knight
09-17-2009, 08:53 AM
There is none I can belong to, because I'm that awsome.

blackmage_nuke
09-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Can we have a chrono series and mana series social group?

Blue Harvest
09-17-2009, 11:13 AM
The british group pwns all the other regional groups. Why? Because british is best. And because I started the group.

rubah
09-17-2009, 03:40 PM
The US Southwest is nothing akin to its South; the association leaves me feeling faintly nauseated!

Well, if there's a demand, there may become a group!

Raistlin
09-18-2009, 01:06 AM
So you have a Northeast and you have a South group. What group is everyone in between those two on the east coast supposed to join????

Rye
09-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Well, isn't it split? Isn't Pennsylvania the north, and every thing below it the South, and everything even more below it, like, the DEEP south? =O

Yar
09-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Well, isn't it split? Isn't Pennsylvania the north, and every thing below it the South, and everything even more below it, like, the DEEP south? =OBingo.

You're in the South, Wes. :p

Raistlin
09-19-2009, 12:31 AM
No. So very no. The way it's ACTUALLY divided is that New England is, well, New England; New York - Maryland/Delaware (arguably even Virginia in some cases) is mid-Atlantic; and Virginia and further down is the South (South Carolina starts the "Deep South").

There is no definition of "South" that includes Maryland and Delaware (in a North/South dichotomy they would be considered "North").

Madonna
09-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Mason-Dixon Line. I agree that Maryland is not very Southernish if Baltimore is your measure, but it is a part of the South, Weasley.

Raistlin
09-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Notice the conspicuous use of "and." :p Even using the obsolete Mason-Dixon standard (the Civil War is more modern, and then wouldn't include West Virginia), Delaware is not part of the South.

Madame Adequate
09-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Who in the Sam Hill would put Delaware in the South? o_O It borders New Jersey! xD Virginia is the first Southern state and it's probably still arguable, as Wes says. Mid-Atlantic is a valid definition.

That said northeast encompasses the Mid-Atlantic region and someone from Virginia can just toss a coin as to which they want to join I guess :p

Rye
09-19-2009, 02:21 AM
Virginia is so totally the south. People there have southern accents!

Agent Proto
09-19-2009, 02:57 AM
I live in Northern Virginia (the counties closest to DC) and the people here don't exactly have southern accents. However, that doesn't mean the rest of the state is like this. :P

Rye
09-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Where is Kings Dominion? When I went there, everyone had one. Maybe that's in the south of Virginia. =O

Agent Proto
09-19-2009, 03:02 AM
Kings Dominion is just north of Richmond, which is central Virginia. It's about 60 miles south from where I live.

blackmage_nuke
09-19-2009, 04:05 AM
Why are we seperating ourselves with borders? we should all be trying to thrive together as a community, I say we make a planet Earth social group. (No room for space pope)