PDA

View Full Version : Which is worse?

Wolf Kanno
09-17-2009, 02:53 AM
A friend and I were chatting one evening when the commercial for X-Men Origins: Wolverine film came on and I groaned in disgust. My friend, amused by this asked why I groaned and I told him I didn't care for the film. I basically told him how I felt the film was better than X-Men 3 but not nearly as good as the other X-Men films which got us into a discussion of bad comic book films. We basically summed it up to these three films being some of the worst.

Which is worst? Batman and Robin, X-Men 3, or Spider-Man 3?

You can even mention films not present in the thread if you feel its worse than these three clunkers but stick to comic book films only.

Momiji
09-17-2009, 03:12 AM
Irony: I just finished watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine no more than 5 minutes ago.

Anyway, I'm gonna say Batman and Robin, because I haven't seen X-Men 3 and I liked Spiderman 3.

See, I never read comics, so if stuff happens in the movies that didn't happen in the comics, I couldn't care less.

Tavrobel
09-17-2009, 03:32 AM
Catwoman.

Bunny
09-17-2009, 03:55 AM
Irony: I just finished watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine no more than 5 minutes ago.

Would that be coincidence or irony?

I am predicting a quote pyramid stemming from Tav's post.

Momiji
09-17-2009, 03:59 AM

Would that be coincidence or irony?

I am predicting a quote pyramid stemming from Tav's post.

It's ironic because I didn't hate it.

Tavrobel
09-17-2009, 04:04 AM
It's ironic because I didn't hate it.

That's not how irony works. Unless you are saying that we should have expected you to dislike it, as opposed to expecting you to like either of the movies. At such a juncture, we could then say it was ironic; otherwise, it still is a coincidence.

rubah
09-17-2009, 04:34 AM
ironically I liked spider-man 3.

(loljk)

(I mean just kidding about the irony. I really did enjoy the movie)

Meat Puppet
09-17-2009, 04:35 AM
I would say irony is worse but I guess coincidence can be pretty bad on occasion. :confused:

ljkkjlcm9
09-17-2009, 04:36 AM
Catwoman is a good candidate, as are Daredevil and Elektra.
The 2003 Hulk with Eric Bana wasn't very good either.

Comic movies are on the rise again though, with the likes of Batman, Ironman, and the most recent Hulk with Edward Norton. Looking forward to Green Lantern, Deadpool (ironically the same actor plays both), Ironman 2, Avengers... etc...

THE JACKEL

Kyros
09-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Am I one of the random people that had 0 interest in going to see watchmen b/c I thought the idea of the movie was stupid? idc if the comics are like that or not (never heard of them till the movie so w/e) but the concept of it was dumb so I didnt check it out

Breine
09-17-2009, 07:49 AM
Batman and Robin takes this one.

Marshall Banana
09-17-2009, 07:54 AM
YouTube - Mr. Freeze (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNaDZIrxh-0)

Aerith's Knight
09-17-2009, 08:49 AM
See, I never read comics, so if stuff happens in the movies that didn't happen in the comics, I couldn't care less.

This

NeoCracker
09-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Nothing, and I mean nothing, can ever save Peter Parkers dignity and doing that god awful dance in Spiderman 3.

Though I can't give it to X3 if only because of how awesome it was to see Juggernaut toss around Wolverine like a Rag doll.

Yet to see origins.

Vermachtnis
09-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Am I one of the random people that had 0 interest in going to see watchmen b/c I thought the idea of the movie was stupid? idc if the comics are like that or not (never heard of them till the movie so w/e) but the concept of it was dumb so I didnt check it out

I had some interest in it and watched it, but I thought the movie was boring.

Anyway on Topic, I want to say X-Men 3. Batman and Robin had Ahnold as Mr. Freeze. And Spider Man 3 had Venom.

charliepanayi
09-17-2009, 08:00 PM
X-Men 3 and Spiderman 3 weren't great, but compared to Batman and Robin they were works of genius.

PeneloRatsbane
09-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Batman and Robin is genius in its dreadfulness, so bad its hilarious
Spiderman 3, is long and boring and then rushed at the end, lacks all the best things about the first two

X-men 3 takes the cake, its just rubbish. I hate that film and i love the other two(Xmen films tht is).
I mean how hard could it be to make a decent film about Dark pheonix, but they messed it up and just had her standing around doing nothing for ages. UTTER PANTS and it should have been good,

Del Murder
09-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Those 3 were all pretty bad. Batman & Robin was a joke the whole way through, but I expected it to be a joke. Spider-Man 3 made me cringe at times but at other times I thought it was good.

X-Men 3 was probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I have never once, in the middle of a movie, realize to myself 'wow, this is a terrible movie'. Except for X3. No movie has so horrendously fell below my expectations since I saw The Lost World on my birthday about a dozen years ago. Like Lost World, X3 somehow managed to hype me up big time beforehand, and maintain that hype through the early goings, only to have it slowly descend into a dark pit of despair. This movie wins by far, or loses as it were. It was a terrible movie and it has been stricken from my memory.

Mirage
09-18-2009, 02:41 AM
X-men 3 was a pile of feces.