PDA

View Full Version : Freakfast

Breine
09-18-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm bored and therefore want to know what you had for breakfast this morning?

I had water melon, green tea and some freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.

Do you think breakfast is important? Do you even eat breakfast? - and what are your breakfast habits?

Rye
09-18-2009, 03:43 PM
I had a tiny egg white omelette. Tiny because I had to make it from eggs that I hand yolked, as opposed to convenient healthy liquid egg white beaters. You see, England doesn't have liquid egg whites. I have to prepare. :colbert:

aquatius
09-18-2009, 03:45 PM
I had a tiny egg white omelette. Tiny because I had to make it from eggs that I hand yolked, as opposed to convenient healthy liquid egg white beaters. You see, England doesn't have liquid egg whites. I have to prepare. :colbert:
But the yolk is the yummiest part...

I almost invariable have some unhealthy cereal, if not avaible a healthy one or toast with jam or chocolate spread on it. I might have bacon every now and then but very rarely.

Breine
09-18-2009, 03:47 PM

Wait.. what? You don't use the yolk when making omelets?

Rye
09-18-2009, 04:26 PM
I don't like the taste of yolk in omelettes, and plus it contains like 90% of the fat of the egg, so without it, I can eat omelettes a lot without feeling guilty! :bigsmile:

Breine
09-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Ah, clever girl :holmes:

rubah
09-18-2009, 04:39 PM
break egg, insert fork into yolk, remove?

I had a swallow of tea, because I was curious to see if it tasted any different in the morning. I'm about to eat my lunch, which will be a roast beef sandwich (like usual)

Meow
09-18-2009, 04:59 PM
egg yolks are super good for you though

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1839/eggnutrition.gif

I usually rock some bran flakes, almonds, and a protein shake for breakfast mmmm

EDIT or like a whole wheat bagel if I'm feeling totally wild and crazy

Madame Adequate
09-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Yeah I don't understand her either, the yolk is an important part of the egg, being the egg part and all.

I have not yet had breakfast today.

scrumpleberry
09-18-2009, 05:12 PM
I can't stand the white. The yolk is the only part worth eating seriously x)

I normally have forest fruits with bio yoghurt because I'm dead in the mornings and cba with anything more but today I changed it up and had some toast like a rebel.

Vermachtnis
09-18-2009, 05:13 PM
I slept through breakfast. I like Cap'n Crunch and Trix through. I have very childish tastes, Honey Nut Cheerios is as close to adult cereal I get.

Rye
09-18-2009, 05:19 PM
break egg, insert fork into yolk, remove?

I had a swallow of tea, because I was curious to see if it tasted any different in the morning. I'm about to eat my lunch, which will be a roast beef sandwich (like usual)

You can just pass the yolk between the cracked egg shell until all the white part is out, and then chuck it! I just learned that trick recently. It's easier, but it still doesn't make a very substantial omelette, even when I add a bit of milk! :x

Meat Puppet
09-18-2009, 05:22 PM
There is nothing more boring than an egg white omelet. Seriously, okay enjoy without fat etc but there is no point if it's like chewing soggy paper. THERE IS NO PLEASURE. Caps. Waste of time.

Rye
09-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Mmmm, not if you put some bacon bits and a bit of skim cheese and a splash of milk amgggg so goooddddddddd~~~

Rodarian
09-18-2009, 05:36 PM
my daily morning meal consists of cereal, scrambled eggs, sausages, toast and nice hot mug of tea.... Fruits such as banana and oranges come and go

Bfast is very important because it gives you the necessary energy to start the day! So eat right ppl!!

IronOcean
09-18-2009, 05:46 PM
about three cups of coffee, i work really super late and pretty damn early so just lots of coffee......no im addicted :eep:

and rye i am not trying to be mean but you wont eat the yolk because of fat but then you add fat to it? (milk)

Bunny
09-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I don't eat breakfast.

Rodarian
09-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I don't eat breakfast.

Shame shame!:mymelontd:

aquatius
09-18-2009, 05:54 PM
My brother has a friend who doesn't eat breakfast because he has an eating disorder wherein if he doesn't take his medication he vomits all his food up and the medication kicks in in time for lunch so.

Rodarian
09-18-2009, 05:59 PM
That must suck....Actually I get bfast nausea sometimes.... Makes me think of of what pregnant women might feel :P oooh I feel queasy.. :barf:

Madame Adequate
09-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Mmmm, not if you put some bacon bits and a bit of skim cheese and a splash of milk amgggg so goooddddddddd~~~

No it really is utterly bland, the best part of the egg is the yolk, by far. xD

Fynn
09-18-2009, 06:18 PM

No it really is utterly bland, the best part of the egg is the yolk, by far. xD

I must agree. I made a mutant monster omelette today. It took quite long to make actually, and I really don't know why... I made it out of five eggs. Still sepparated the yolks from the whites, but combined them in the end. It turned out really fluffy and tasty. And even though it was big, I didn't feel too full...

Anyway, except salt and pepper I added some garlic and pesto... I love pesto... Oooohh... :p

So, to sum up, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Seriously, I heard that the energy you get from breakfast is actually enough to power you up for the whole day.

Shoeberto
09-18-2009, 06:29 PM
I ate breakfast during work, just 'cause I would have a hard time working for like four hours on an empty stomach. Usually it was cereal or toast, though. Nothing too heavy, since my stomach can be sensitive in the morning. I don't often eat breakfast other than that, since I usually just get up and run to class. Or I get up at lunch time.

I like Breakfast for Dinner though! Pancakes and sausages, yum.

Aerith's Knight
09-18-2009, 06:34 PM
I actually made an obento today. :P One, because I was bored, two, I was up early anyway.(was worried about the big presentation I had this afternoon)

Took forever though. And cold rice isn't all it's cracked up to be. Still pretty tasty.

Bastian
09-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Today I had a Naked protein drink. Usually I have something like a bowl of cereal or a slice of toast with peanut butter, but I'd crashed at a friend's at that was the only decent thing at the convenience store.

Freya
09-18-2009, 06:48 PM
I tend to wake up around lunch so I don't eat breakfast. My breakfast is lunch. :p

Madame Adequate
09-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Just had some tortillas and mmmmm~

Unbreakable Will
09-18-2009, 07:12 PM
I tend to wake up around lunch so I don't eat breakfast. My breakfast is lunch. :p
*rolls eyes* it must be nice... JK

I eat breakfast sometimes, but when I do I'm never in the mood for breakfast food. Go figure.

Jess
09-18-2009, 07:32 PM
I didn't have breakfast this morning, I just had a cup of tea.

This week I've really been trying to eat breakfast, but I'm one of those people who usually can't eat first thing in the morning without feeling sick! If I've been up for an hour or two already, thats the best time for me to have breakfast but I'm usually already at work by then as I start at 8am.

Yesterday though, I had crumpets for breakfast. :bigsmile:

Caraliz
09-18-2009, 07:37 PM
I hate breakfast foods.

I usually eat something really unhealthy. Or cereal.

Blue Harvest
09-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I missed breakfast this morning because I overslept and only had ten minutes to get out the door. Normally I have cereal.

Raistlin
09-19-2009, 12:24 AM
I rarely eat breakfast. If I do, it's usually just cereal. I actually did eat cereal this morning.