PDA

View Full Version : Character Spotlight: Butz

Dr. Casey
09-19-2009, 04:24 PM
If Lena can have one of these threads, I think the greatest protagonist in Final Fantasy history deserves one as well.

What do you admire about Butz, Eyes on Final Fantasy? What are his strengths, his weaknesses? His worst moments? His best? Share your opinions. No thought or feeling, no matter how small, is unimportant.

Lawr
09-20-2009, 02:22 AM
the greatest protagonist in Final Fantasy

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/Sagensyg/Ramza1-SW.gif

On a less serious note though, I only played FFV up to the part where you fight this sort of ugly mammoth thing. Bartz at that point to me wasn't that special. He was just your typical random adventurer filled with a sense of goodwill and justice.

Maybe that's waaay too early in the game to make any judgements, but I do like his...sense of humor! :D

KentaRawr!
09-20-2009, 02:36 AM
And his taste in girls!

black orb
09-20-2009, 03:02 AM
>>> The guy was a total loner (his best friend was a chocobo :choc:), plus he got these 3 hot chicks with him but he never scored with any, and he wasnt very brilliant either.

My conclusion: I love Bartz.:up:

Vermachtnis
09-20-2009, 03:50 AM
He formed a party with a Princess, a Pirate, and a loli. Dudes my hero.

Wolf Kanno
09-20-2009, 09:14 AM
He's a great guy and works well with bouncing off the rest of the cast for the sake of humor. He's probably my third favorite hero from V behind Galuf and Faris whom I love more. Love him in Dissidia though ;)

black orb
09-21-2009, 07:46 PM
He formed a party with a Princess, a Pirate, and a loli. Dudes my hero.
>>> He didnt formed :bou::bou::bou::bou:, the guy got close to these 3 girls just by pure luck..:D

Vermachtnis
09-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Damn, you're right. The fact that it happened accidentally is even better.

G13
09-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Bartz is great! No Butz about it! :colbert:

Calarandir
09-25-2009, 08:57 PM
I thought Bartz was a good, if a little generic character, stereotypical idiot hero. If FFV's was more story focused and the characters went through more character development, he could have been one of the greatest Final Fantasy protaganists - basically one of the few that don't brood most of the time.

Logie
12-02-2009, 02:55 AM
I think Squaresoft was like..

"Hmm.. our protagonist is too generic, too dull. What can we do to make him more interesting?"
"Ah, of course! We'll call him Butz!"

Gotta say.. the ridiculous name ruined the entire character for me. :p