PDA

View Full Version : >> Do you really care about this game?.

black orb
09-20-2009, 03:28 AM
>>> I was wondering about how many people really cares about this game..

BTW, I dont.

Mirage
09-20-2009, 04:50 AM
in before "i hate it because you have to pay to play"

I do really care about. If they fix even half of what's wrong with FFXI, i know i'll like it.

Kyros
09-20-2009, 05:54 AM
I may check it out then again I said that about XI and I spent an hour trying to figure out the controls and where I was supposed to go on like the 1-2nd quest and decided the game sucked so yeah...

Mirage
09-20-2009, 10:14 AM
FFXI had a steep learning curve. FFXIV won't have one that is quite as steep. In fact, it seems like they're going for quite the opposite.

sir helix
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
it still yicks me offf that SE is puting online games in the main series, its idiotic if you ask me. why not just lable it FFO and FFO2, its make more sence.

XI = 12
XII = 13

wouldnt that make much more sence

Mirage
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Who cares, it's just a freaking name.

Kyros
09-20-2009, 10:36 PM
FFXI had a steep learning curve. FFXIV won't have one that is quite as steep. In fact, it seems like they're going for quite the opposite.

I really dont get how me not being able to find where to go simply b/c the npc doesnt give you directions and just tells you to go do whatever has to do with a learning curve...

Levian
09-21-2009, 03:25 AM
I may check it out then again I said that about XI and I spent an hour trying to figure out the controls and where I was supposed to go on like the 1-2nd quest and decided the game sucked so yeah...

Controls were odd for me at first too, but I suppose that's why there's a manual.

There's no such thing as a 1st and second quest really, there's about 30 quests available from the start in each city, each in varying difficulty. Some will be harder than others and some will be vaguer than others. While some quests will leave you relying on checking the internet, there's also many quests that tells you exactly what to do.

That said, FFXI is not a game everyone will like..

and yeah, I care, I'm definitely going to get a trial version if that's possible from launch. If not I'll probably get it anyway and cancel if it turns out absolutely horrible, which I doubt it will.

Necronopticous
09-21-2009, 03:46 AM
I'm pretty excited to try it out.

leader of mortals
09-21-2009, 03:59 AM
When it comes out, if the reviews are good, I will see if I can get it, so yes.

McLovin'
09-21-2009, 05:39 AM
Well never played 11 so will probably try the trial for this when it comes out. You can do a lot in those 7-10 days.

arcanedude34
09-22-2009, 01:30 AM
If I have the dough, this game looks pretty sweet.

And for the whiners who say the online games shouldn't be part of the main series, just because you actually have to interact on some level with other people does not make it any less of a Final Fantasy. In fact, if anything FFVII and FVIII and even X should not be part of the main series as their worlds are all MUCH different than the standard traditional medieval settings, and that's a MUCH bigger difference than online play. Fact of the matter, Square can name their games anything they damn well want. They're working on XIII and XIV at approximately the same time to please everyone, so stop bitching.

By the way, this is coming from someone who has never played an online game in his life, and is a fan of FFVII and FFX.

Markus. D
09-22-2009, 01:55 AM
More than FFXIII actually.

FFXI is amazing, and FFXIV will be an FFXI I'll have the time to experience the beauty of.

Rostum
09-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Very excited. Played FFXI for around 6 years too.

Loony BoB
09-22-2009, 01:23 PM
I look forward to playing it, definitely. While I agree that FFO and FFO2 would have made more sense, I don't really care at all and can understand that they would have had problems dealing with the fact that there is already a website called FFO that has been around for a very long time. It would be like them calling a game Eyes on Final Fantasy - I mean, I'm sure we wouldn't mind, but SE probably would have some issues somewhere along the line.

theundeadhero
09-22-2009, 05:28 PM
I've had a lot of fun playing FFXI so it's worth trying out.

Rostum
09-23-2009, 04:23 AM
I know this is beating a dead horse, but I seriously don't see the issue with giving it a numbered title. Does it really pain people so much? I just don't understand how you can hate it... Literally don't understand, if someone can bring forth a valid arguement I might actually respect the opinion against it, otherwise really... really?

VeloZer0
09-23-2009, 04:50 AM
1) How would you feel if FF15 was released as a FPS? For some, including myself, the difference between FFOnline and FF is as stark as that. It doesn't upset me that much, but I don't feel it appropriate naming nomenclature. FFT is my favorite game of all time, but I think having it released as FF8 (I think it came out slightly after 7, don't remember) would fit in very well.

2) It has to do with the development cycle. If we were to get a new numbered FF, say, every 3 years, making an online FF would mean on offline offering for 6 years. I know it isn't as simple as this, but the feeling that I have to sit out a game and wait for the next one isn't something I relish.

That being said, anyone who gets seriously upset about the naming of a video game needs to get a life.

Rostum
09-23-2009, 05:42 AM
1) How would you feel if FF15 was released as a FPS? For some, including myself, the difference between FFOnline and FF is as stark as that. It doesn't upset me that much, but I don't feel it appropriate naming nomenclature. FFT is my favorite game of all time, but I think having it released as FF8 (I think it came out slightly after 7, don't remember) would fit in very well.

Considering MMORPG is an RPG, it's a bit of a different comparison (people really just bitch about the monthly fee part anyway). However, I would simple say (just as I did with FF7:DoC) that I wouldn't play it and move on.

2) It has to do with the development cycle. If we were to get a new numbered FF, say, every 3 years, making an online FF would mean on offline offering for 6 years. I know it isn't as simple as this, but the feeling that I have to sit out a game and wait for the next one isn't something I relish.

Actually... they have different teams working on FFXI and FFXIV, so the development cycle point is pretty much nothing. FFXIV is going to be released in the same year as FFXIII so there is no real issue. People have the misconception of how big Square-Enix is. They don't just have one team working on all their games one after the other - they have heaps of teams working on different things all at the same time.

VeloZer0
09-23-2009, 02:18 PM
1) They may 'both be RPGs', but nowadays the spectrum of what is called an RPG is so imense that the label almost means nothing. I'm not really a very social gamer, so the difference between a single player RPG and a single player FPS is about equal to that between single player and mmo. (I'm not hating on MMOs, I have played some and enjoyed it, but it was something completely different to me.)

2) Different development teams my be involved, but there is no way you can't tell me developing 3 games (FF13,14Online,15) will take just as long as developing two. (FF13, FF14Offline). I bring this up, as I mentioned earlier, for someone like me having a FF14Online is like having them skip a game in the series, so after 13 I have to wait extra long for the next 'real' FF. Granted developing it under the name FFOnline 2 wouldn't make FF14Offline come any faster, but aving it named FF14 just serves to rub it in our faces how much longer it will be to FF15.

Hope that last paragraph made sense.

Mirage
09-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Actually, sometimes a game won't be done very much faster just by throwing more manpower at it. It's not unlikely that three fairly big teams can work a lot more efficiently than 2 very large teams, and thus get more projects done per employee.

Rocket Edge
09-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Personally, I can't wait to play it. At the end of the day it's a FF. Whether I'll continue to do so depends on whether I'll enjoy the game.

Kyros
09-23-2009, 06:05 PM
If Aion doesnt screw things up hardcore like AoC and Warhammer did, maybe it'll actually compare to WoW. If not, maybe this will be the first mmo to actually challenge it? I'd like to see how this does.

VeloZer0
09-24-2009, 07:10 AM
Actually, sometimes a game won't be done very much faster just by throwing more manpower at it. It's not unlikely that three fairly big teams can work a lot more efficiently than 2 very large teams, and thus get more projects done per employee.

Absolutely true, but the upper level design talent is also a finite group of people, and they can only do one thing at a time. Hiring two teams of programmers isn't nearly as difficult as hiring two high quality game designers.

In terms of sense from SE's perspective I agree 100% with naming it FF14. Having it as a numbered FF will increase sales prospects significantly. Ultimately it is SE's game, and I have no objections to them doing what they want with it. I was just voicing reasons I thought not having it a numbered FF seemed more appropriate to me.

Loony BoB
09-24-2009, 11:36 AM
It could also be noted that the name means nothing as to how much work will be required and how many people will be working on it, or even who will be working on it. So yeah they could have named it Doop Doop the Moose in Djibouti but this wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever to any game's timescales.

Depression Moon
09-25-2009, 03:15 AM
Who cares, it's just a freaking name.
Who cares? Obviously the man does as you read his post. The name matters to him me, and may others because we have a great attachment to the series. When you grow up we something and seeing at as one of the best things in the world and when you see things are coupled in that don't really fit into the premise of what we ensure what this series stands for, we feel reluctant to that change. Like a little jab at me heart. To me it would seem like giving Tactics or a Chocobo's Dungeon game an official numbered title when they are indeed of different genres like XI and XIV from the rest of the series.

I do not care too much for this one myself. For one I won't be able to play it because I won't be able to afford it and secondly it doesn't look much different than XI to me. It looks like it is possibly in the same world so would it follow similar patterns? The major thing for me is the inability to play it.

Kyros
09-25-2009, 09:33 AM
idc about the name and I grew up with FF *shrug* Maybe it's just people that are too picky. It's still an rpg so it's not there's a real reason to feel like someone should have to defend why they gave it a number.

Rostum
09-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Absolutely true, but the upper level design talent is also a finite group of people, and they can only do one thing at a time. Hiring two teams of programmers isn't nearly as difficult as hiring two high quality game designers.

Actually, they do have a vast range of lead roles in each department.

The ignorance in this thread makes me sad.

:(

And yet again Depression Moon's post made no sense and had no grounding.

Jiro
09-25-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm not looking forward to this game. Though it's not a reflection on the game itself, I just lack the money to pay for the fee, the game itself and a decent internet connection on which to play it.

If I had money (and perhaps time) then I would probably look forward to it quite a bit. I like MMORPGs but never really had the opportunity to play them.

The complaining about the name? Probably stems from their completionist attitudes. They want to say they've beat all the games in the main series, or at least own them. What good is owning a game you can't/don't want to play?

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Hell, I bought FFXI anyway. It's been taken out of it's case once :D

Mirage
09-25-2009, 02:12 PM
It doesn't cost more than a burger a month. Well, a good burger anyway :p.

To put things in perspective,my brother spends at least twice the monthly fee on alcohol when he goes to a party, and he does this at least twice a month. It's nothing but a matter of priorities, I would say. He's not a particulary rich guy either.

Loony BoB
09-25-2009, 05:38 PM
A well put post, Mirage. I agree with all points.

Basically, it's worth putting money into something you can enjoy. What you enjoy and what it's worth to you come down to the person and their financial situation.

LunarWeaver
09-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I don't care about it because I know I would get addicted and not want to do anything else. My personality just gets far too addicted to stuff like this, like unreasonably and life interfering. I don't need to jump into that messy business.

Depression Moon
09-26-2009, 01:27 AM
The ignorance in this thread makes me sad.

And yet again Depression Moon's post made no sense and had no grounding.

How not so you may have to read it again. Emotion is the reason why we're all here today it fuels everything in this world the actions we take, everything and emotion is the reason why we have opinions on things. It is hard to argue this pulsating bloody organ in our bodies. I only gave you written truth.

Mirage
09-26-2009, 03:40 AM
Some people still manage to be rational about certain things, such as well, the title of a video game.

Calarandir
09-27-2009, 12:59 AM
I'm really looking forward to this, I never started playing FFXI until after it's heydey and there weren't any other low level players to group with so the game was impossible to level in.

The main gripe I have with MMO's is that they get very repitive, sure you get hundreds more hours of gameplay compared to a single player game, yet when it's all the same it doesn't really matter.

Del Murder
10-09-2009, 12:09 AM
I still care and I will care until it comes out. Then I will see if I care any further.

Dante WolfWood
11-04-2009, 01:02 AM
idk why...but all the people who are so advent and upset about the online games being in the main series remind of those people who yell at foreigners and say "they took er jobs!"

I know weird comparison but still....

anyway i am so stoked about this game I cant stand it!! I will be on the first day the public version is launch!

(btw if ff15 ends up being a fps, dang it, Ill shoot up chocobos, summons, and corny antagonist all day long! as long as SE did it)

.Symphony
11-10-2009, 11:21 PM
I am and im not.
I'm not looking forward to the game as I didn't like FFXI.
However
I am looking forward to it to see comparison between the two.
To see if its better in any way.

Loony BoB
11-11-2009, 01:36 PM
In any way? Well, the graphics will be better. That much we all know. :p

Nakor TheBlue Rider
11-20-2009, 11:49 AM
I have a feeling SE has learned a lot in the past 7+ years.

Everytime they make a change too FFXI it seems to be for the better, so starting from scratch really has some potential IMO.

black orb
12-10-2009, 07:28 PM
>>> Wow!, thats a 30% of people who doesnt care.. Squarenix is in trouble now. :luca:

Mirage
12-10-2009, 07:34 PM
The percentage is likely higher for FF11, and do you actually realize what a money machine it is?

black orb
12-10-2009, 07:48 PM
>>> Is a 30%!, SE are greedy bastards so that 30% will hurt them..:luca:

Mirage
12-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Not if the use of a monthly fee makes up for those 30 percents.

black orb
12-10-2009, 08:26 PM
>>> Im impressed, SE should hire you as their Financial Counselor..:luca:

Mirage
12-10-2009, 09:45 PM
They don't need to, as they've already come to the same conclusion themselves!

Zeromus_X
12-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Not really interested. Not because you have to pay for it or anything, but...I guess I'm just not a MMO person.

Dignified Pauper
12-11-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm with Mirage, if they fix a bunch of the big issues with FFXI, then I'd be al for t, because FFXI was pretty awesome.

It'd be cool if they made the world with an actual ecology where monsters will attack each other depending on species, etc.

Mirage
12-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Yes, that would be pretty cool. Wouldn't want it to happen all the time though, cause you'd want there to be some leftovers for the players too :p.

ANGRYWOLF
12-12-2009, 12:59 AM
players to be successful....

Rad Bromance
12-12-2009, 03:40 AM
I find it silly that they're using DirectX9 for it.

But yeah, I have very little interest in it, like I did with XI. However when I played XI I had quite a bit of fun with it. Then I got bored after a few months and stopped paying. :D

Mirage
12-12-2009, 04:50 AM
We can only hope that they will also add DX10/11 support, and that DX9 is just for WinXP compatibility.

Dignified Pauper
12-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes, that would be pretty cool. Wouldn't want it to happen all the time though, cause you'd want there to be some leftovers for the players too :p.

That's why there would be herds, and there would be roaming predators, and then some predators that live in lionic prides, and they would swarm you, but you were super-human PC character and can kill them all!

But seriously, an actual ecology in an MMO would be AWESOME.

Rodney
12-17-2009, 07:35 PM
No. Don't play online games, and I'm not starting now.

VeloZer0
01-02-2010, 10:43 PM
My only MMO experience has been WoW (yes, one of 'those' people), but I have to say the areas in the game with NPCs attacking each other are some of the coolest in the game. They are very dynamic, and add life to areas, especially when the zone is otherwise empty.

Many zones also have low level harmless animals running around, and carnivores will attack and kill them if they path close enough to each other. I can still remember when I first started playing I was walking down a road, and suddenly a wolf ran out from the bushes to the side, killed a deer along the side of the path up ahead, and ran back into the woods.

RedPouch
01-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Names are important actually. In all honesty, although XI has quality, it doesn't quite feel like a Final Fantasy at all. It's the same reason that they put the "Final Fantasy" title on the FF: Spirits Within movie; they're just using the title to attract FF fans to these things in an attempt to make money. It's not atrocious or anything, actually it's fair marketing really. However giving something the name of "Final Fantasy" gives people high expectations of it, and they will judge based on those expectations. The FF: Spirits Within movie may have done a little better if they hadn't put "Final Fantasy" on the title. When they use this "put 'FF' in the title" trick, and said product doesn't do well, it only hurts the reputation, especially with those that get their first impression of FF by said product.

As for FF XI, it didn't really seem very friendly to new players who didn't really understand any of the system. When I first played, I wasn't even sure how to get started on any sort of main story [I wasn't even sure if there was one at all], and my experience was further ruined by having to rely on parties to level since at that time, solo'ing wasn't really doable or practical at all. Making gil at that time was a mystery to me [7 gil from a Goblin that killed me two times in a row? Really?]. I also have to reluctantly admit that it had some pretty boring music which didn't really seem very Final Fantasy-like at all. For the record, I'm aware of the solutions to these simple issues now, however I think new players encounter this often and get discouraged as I did due to boredom or difficulty getting answers [but I'll admit that FF XI is much different now than it was 6 years ago when I tried it out].

I'm not knocking it down though, since it's a hell of a lot more balanced than RO [which I've played for several years] and far above WoW's level, but I think the developers need to keep the issues I just mentioned in mind for FF XIV.
[!]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[/!][!]Session data[/!][!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">[/!]

Del Murder
01-03-2010, 09:23 AM
What did you think of FFXII, Khalin? I only ask because FFXII is about as different from the rest of the series as XI is.

Vyk
01-03-2010, 07:35 PM
If its more solo-friendly and I have a computer that can handle it (or its released on 360?) I might give it a go

RedPouch
01-11-2010, 05:07 PM
What did you think of FFXII, Khalin? I only ask because FFXII is about as different from the rest of the series as XI is.
Aw, this is pretty late but to be honest I don't know what to think of it. I wasn't too much of a fan of the XII battle system, but aside from that I don't remember much about the game. I have to admit that I didn't even finish it. The starting sequence of the game made it look really interesting but it didn't carry over for too long. Maybe I'll go back to it and finish it.
[!]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[/!][!]Session data[/!][!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">[/!]

nirojan
01-12-2010, 07:06 PM
i voted no...but oddly enough I'm paying more and more attention to it.:eep:

ANGRYWOLF
01-12-2010, 09:03 PM
depending on the cost and whether I can play solo.
Not interested in working in teams with others.

The scenery looks pretty good and I hope some of the problems allegedly associated with FFXI have been fixed.

Rostum
01-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Not interested in working in teams with others.

What's the point in playing an MMO then? Sure, I understand solo'ing means being more casual, which I am all for, but in any MMO you still need team work.

The scenery looks pretty good and I hope some of the problems allegedly associated with FFXI have been fixed.

It's funny. I've been looking around at all the new FFXIV communities that have recently popped up and they complain about FFXI, yet they are the people that only played for a few months when FFXI was released and are so out of touch with how much the game has improved, that their comparisons and posts regarding FFXI are just embarrasingly out of date.

FFXI has it's problems because it is an MMO from a much older generation, not only that but they tried to cater to a console that was much more inferior to a PC (PS3 is in a completely different league to what PS2 was; we have great network support, hard drive space (which Sony discontinued support for PS2), etc. etc.). To think Square Enix don't spend a lot of money on market research, especially since the MMO genre has picked up so much over the last decade, is ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm just blabbering on.

ANGRYWOLF
01-13-2010, 12:35 AM
not even the free ones.

I prefer to play alone.
I suspect a lot of people do and for financial reasons it would good for Square to find a way to appeal to people like me.

I did sign up for the beta so we'll see if I get selected.

:)

Rostum
01-13-2010, 01:02 AM
You don't play MMO's? Then why would you want to play this one? You can't just run in and start demanding unreasonable things.

It'd be like me running into an FPS and demanding that I have elements from a platformer and role playing game. You know, because it'd be financialy beneficial to appeal to non-FPS gamers. :roll2

Square Enix are well aware of what the MMO community wants, and have even stated they want a solid balance between casual and hardcore players.

ANGRYWOLF
01-13-2010, 02:12 AM
I'm not demanding anything.:(

Square can do as they like.

They never ask me what I would like them to do.Never have.

I don't consider boosting solo play to be unreasonable.I don't know why anyone would say it is unreasonable.:(

As it is we'll see how the game developes and see what happens.

Del Murder
01-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Ome, stop trying to get a person who wouldn't normally play a MMO turned off to this game altogether.

I 'didn't play MMOs' either, but then I played FFXI and loved it. I also consider myself more of a solo player and was unwilling to try a group based game, but the allure of the FF series (and Miriel's prodding) turned me on to XI. Even in that game I do most of what I can solo if I can manage it (which admittedly is not a lot).

It's perfectly reasonable to want some solo content in FFXIV. You draw people in for the solo stuff, and the people they meet and team up with is what makes them stay. :D

Rostum
01-13-2010, 07:11 AM
It's perfectly reasonable to want some solo content in FFXIV. You draw people in for the solo stuff, and the people they meet and team up with is what makes them stay. :D

I have nothing against solo'ing, but you can't just ignore the fact that in MMO's you need team work in order to accomplish important stuff (quests, end-game, etc.). So what is the point of playing an MMO if all one does is solo all the content? It kind of defeats the purpose of what an MMO is.

I encourage all to try MMO's, as I think they are a wonderful genre in video games, but I also try to be realistic about it. If what I have to say turns someone off this game, then they most likely didn't want to play in the first place. :p

Edit: Just so as not to get confused, I really want a lot more soloable content, but I also want to be part of a community that works together - that is the main draw of an MMO, imo.

Loony BoB
01-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Just because he's not interested in working with teams doesn't mean that he won't give it a shot once he's done all the solo stuff he can do. He's shown interest in "giving it a go" so hopefully, rather than put him off the game, we can encourage him to enjoy it - maybe we can take the opportunity to show him the joys of teamwork later on when the time is right. The more the merrier, overall, though.

Rostum
01-13-2010, 08:16 PM
I suppose. However, I don't think it's discouraging him. I am just telling him how it is in my own opinion of playing MMO's for the last decade.

:D

Ouch!
01-13-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty much with Omecle on this one. It seems like an awful waste of time to try an MMORPG for its solo content without any desire to play with others. Certainly playing alone could foster an interest in the cooperative gameplay, but when people come in saying, "Not interested in working in teams with others," in a discussion about an MMORPG, it naturally sends up some red flags.

There are plenty of offline titles which simulate the MMORPG game model. It's much more reasonable to suggest one of those titles than it is to try and encourage an individual who has no desire to play with others to play a game whose concept revolves entirely around player interaction. MMORPGs inherently involve player interaction. If someone doesn't want to work together with other players, why should anyone expect him to enjoy an MMO? It doesn't add up. Omecle's "discouragement" is really more a word of caution, and warranted, I think, given ANGRYWOLF's position.

ANGRYWOLF
01-13-2010, 09:34 PM
That's a pretty preposterous statement.

As it is my interest in the game has waned after what I felt was an inappropriate comment/observation.

So I'm finished discussing the game.I do hope it does well when it comes out and that people enjoy playing it.:|

Del Murder
01-13-2010, 11:57 PM
There are plenty of offline titles which simulate the MMORPG game model.
How many of those are Final Fantasy? (besides XII...)

I'm just saying I don't play MMORPGs, I play Final Fantasy. I played FFXI as a FF first and a MMO second. After three years that's how I still play it. I'll never touch WoW, or any of those other games, because I don't like those types of games. The connection to FF and SE is what kept me into it. If I had been 'told like it is' before I played this game I may not have tried it. That is the attitude I am trying to discourage.

I generally don't like playing with people. I'm more interested in accomplishments for my own satisfaction. Most of the accomplishments I have achieved in XI is with pickup groups of people didn't know and quickly forgot. Sure, I made plenty of friends, and doing random stuff with Eleni was some of the most fun I had. But I have found that people are consistently unreliable and greedy so I have done whatever I could without them.

As I have said many times before, games like this, with such an unbelievable variety of content, are whatever you make of them. If you want to play alone all the time, feel free to. I don't know how far you will get in terms of storyline and character development, but I'm sure (and hope for my own sake as well) there will be plenty of things for you to do. Don't be discouraged by people who ask 'why are you playing a MMO?'. This isn't just a MMO, this is Final Fantasy. That is why it is called Final Fantasy XIV Online, and not Final Fantasy Online Part 2. It is a main entry in this legendary series and it should be open for all types of players to enjoy.

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2010, 12:30 AM
I have an interest in it, but most likely I'll be unable to pay the monthly fees.

Mirage
01-14-2010, 12:39 AM
That's a pretty preposterous statement.

As it is my interest in the game has waned after what I felt was an inappropriate comment/observation.

So I'm finished discussing the game.I do hope it does well when it comes out and that people enjoy playing it.:|

Uh, there are no inappropriate comments there, you're overreacting.

nirojan
01-14-2010, 08:38 PM
I wanted to know what people have heard about a possible 360 version?

I know that SE wanted there to be a 360 version but Microsoft apparently doesn't like cross-platform servers. For those of you who dont know what that means, it lets PS3 players play with Xbox 360 and PC players. I heard they were trying to work out the kinks with Microsoft. Infinity Ward tried to do this with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, but there were slight variation in both versions so they decided against it. but i mean if Sony's PSN is down to work with Xbox Live, i see no reason for this "possible milestone" in the video game industry to go untouched.

Del Murder
01-14-2010, 09:24 PM
360 players can play FFXI so I don't see why not.

Rostum
01-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Everyone says there is an issue with this or that, so I am completely unsure. All I know is Microsoft are making it difficult for Square Enix.

Loony BoB
01-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Something to do with having to pay for Xbox Live Gold, I believe. I think SE don't think FFXIV players should have to pay for Gold if it's an entirely online game in the first place.

Mirage
01-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Or because they already pay SE for playing.

Loony BoB
01-15-2010, 02:16 PM
That goes without saying, yeah. :p

Ouch!
01-15-2010, 04:39 PM
As I understand it, Loony BoB is right. SE has been pretty annoyed that people have to pay for a Gold Subscription to XBL and also their monthly fee on top of it. For most people who have an Xbox 360 it's a moot point, I'd think. They've also been unable to optimize certain things for the Xbox 360 in FFXI (any time there are too many character models loading at once--such as in Besieged--the Xbox 360 invariably freezes) and I can't imagine what kinds of problems that could mean for FFXIV.