PDA

View Full Version : Yakuza 3 pretty much confirmed for a Western release

Dreddz
09-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Link. (http://kotaku.com/5363618/report-yakuza-3-is-coming-west)

Turns out Sega ain't that bad after all. Now this isn't 100% confirmation but I have a feeling that its true. Plus Yakuza 4 is being unveiled at TGS from what I hear. All round good news for us Yakuza fans.

DK
09-21-2009, 06:22 PM
I played the demo for this at my friends place in the summer on his PS3, it was pretty god damn awesome and hilarious. I really hope all the features remain in it that are in the japanese version, if they cut out some of the more sketchy content it will be proper annoying. Although I have no prior experience with the series so I don't know if they alter it for western releases, but I hope not. If it comes out uncut I'd love to get it.

Wolf Kanno
09-22-2009, 04:42 AM
I really need to start playing this series. :(

Bolivar
09-22-2009, 02:07 PM
This is fantastic news.

Apparently it could come to the West as a "PSN Imports", downloadable with minimal localization for menus and subtitles. (http://kotaku.com/5364892/leaked-documents-discuss-psn-imports-date-ps3-motion-control) I would actually love to play a game like that.

Here's to a great TGS for PS3 owners.

JKTrix
12-08-2009, 04:58 PM
BUMP

East Meets West – Yakuza 3 Coming In 2010 – PlayStation.Blog.Europe (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/08/east-meets-west-yakuza-3-coming-in-2010/)

March 2010, god damn. So many games.

Yakuza 3 is coming – will you fight like a pussy-cat or more Like a Dragon?

I see what they did there.

Dreddz
12-08-2009, 05:06 PM
So thats Yakuza 3, God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII and potentially GT5 all within the same month. Christ......

Nifleheim7
12-08-2009, 05:42 PM
This will be the game i'll be playing in March.Everything else can wait!:D

Bolivar
12-08-2009, 08:39 PM
On the articles they're saying it's going to be a text localization, with voices staying Japanese. I already said it but it sounds like a good way to play a game like this.

I really can't wait but DAMN there's way too many games coming out in the first 3 months of 2010.

JKTrix
02-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Demo is on European PSN right now, will likely be on the American one later. Can finally delete my old Japanese demo.

Playing~

Dreddz
02-19-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm going to steer clear of the demo just so I can enjoy the full game even more. I literally can't wait to get my hands on Yakuza 3. Might have to spend the money I was going to spend on FFXIII and spend it on Yakuza 3 instead. Thats how much I want this game.

Funny how Yakuza 4 is being released in Japan just a week after Yakuza 3's western release. I know I say this every time a Yakuza game is released but it is really important that people actually buy Yakuza 3. I get the feeling this is Sega's last effort at releasing a Yakuza game outside of Japan.

JKTrix
02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Might have to spend the money I was going to spend on FFXIII and spend it on Yakuza 3 instead.

There have been two people I know who have said that and have never played a Yakuza game before. The demo is kind of bad if you're not familiar with how the game works, but I was able to show them some of the cooler things you can do.