PDA

View Full Version : I don't know where my shoe went, Mr. General Sir!

Aerith's Knight
09-21-2009, 08:34 PM
I attended a lecture today by the head of the Central Command of the United states Military, General David H. Petraeus, Right here at the Eindhoven University of Rechnology. Also Lieutenant Colonel (retired) James "Maggie" Megellas spoke, first actually. It was awsome, and though they both spoke pretty good about freedom(it was freedom day here, the day we got liberated in WWII was 19 september), Gen. Petraeus got a little longwinded(hour and a half!) on the whole Iraq thing.

It was awsome, and I met the head of your military. :D

What celebrity/famous person have you met recently? (or at all)

theundeadhero
09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
General Petraeus? I met Joint Cheif of Staffs Admiral Mullen. That's the general's boss' boss. :p

When I can't find my shoes after drinking I usually look outside and there they are.

Bunny
09-21-2009, 08:42 PM
It was awsome, and I met the head of your military

lolol nope

I've never met an actual celebrity though I'm related to a couple.

KentaRawr!
09-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Well, my sister's seen Dave Chappelle. Beat that, Mr. "I saw the head of your military woop woop". :mad2:

~*~Celes~*~
09-21-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm related to Hugh Heffner.

Rantz
09-21-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't really remember but probably no one anybody here would recognise anyway.

Freya
09-21-2009, 09:18 PM
I met Trever Moore from Whitest Kids U' Know comedy troupe. But that was it. I guess he's a celeb he was in that movie miss march... meh no one else though.

Aerith's Knight
09-21-2009, 09:24 PM
When I can't find my shoes after drinking I usually look outside and there they are.

It's a reference to the guy who got imprisoned after throwing a shoe at Bush. :p

Blue Harvest
09-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I met The Stig and had my picture taken with him about two months ago.

Breine
09-21-2009, 10:15 PM
I've met several Danish celebrities.

I saw Geoffrey Rush in New York if that counts. Other than that I can't remember.

Aerith's Knight
09-21-2009, 10:31 PM
I've met several Danish celebrities.

Well, I met our minister of education, but nobody cares about that because they don't know him. xD You have to think in that context.

Rye
09-21-2009, 10:55 PM
I met the cast of Spring Awakening, got photos and autographs. The most famous of which is Hunter Parish, who play Silas in Weeds.

http://www.sho.com/site/weeds/myspace/s3/slideshow/weeds_hparrish.jpg

He was really cool.

Levian
09-22-2009, 01:51 AM
Former Norwegian idol finalist who now works in a men's clothing store. It's pretty hard not to run into him really.

BardTard
09-22-2009, 05:04 AM
Alot of these (http://myguaranteedstudentloanthemovie.com/index1.htm) people. Not sure how famous most of them are, but I was in a movie with them pretty recently, I think it's coming out January. It's funny. Watch it. Day 1 I'm standing directly behind a guy wearing a speedo jumping rope. And then the crossdressers and the dancing credit cards... Yeah, just watch it.

Timekeeper
09-22-2009, 08:09 AM
I've met the Irwins, but only because I work at their zoo xD

I did meet Adrian Grenier (Vince from Entourage) at the airport earlier this year, we chatted until he had to catch his plane. That was pretty awesome.

Quindiana Jones
09-22-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm convinced that I walked past Craig Charles last Friday. Just walking around Manchester. I came.