PDA

View Full Version : My First Game (Don't Flame)

Formalhaut
09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Im not a creative guy so this is a simple game.

I will give out a excerpt from a Wikipedia Article (Which is typically quite detailed and usually hard to understand on certain subjects).

Then you have to guess what the hell im talking about. Got it?

You have 2 days. So If today is Tuesday then you've got until Thursday!

Ok. First One!

Oh yeah. The FIRST person who guesses correctly get to do the next one.

I will on occasion blank out a word which contains the word you're looking for.

Here's an easy one for you, to start of and get the general Idea.

1. Very Easy

"In some cases, these chronic infections might be beneficial as they might increase the immune system's response against infection by other pathogens.^ However, in most cases _____ infections in animals cause an immune response that eliminates the infecting _____."

Ok. There ya go, if you can't work that basic one out then good luck to you. To be in the spirit of the game, don't copy and paste this into google and see what comes up... please don't.

P.S: Please give this post some love and rep it!

Quindiana Jones
09-22-2009, 04:29 PM
"Cheese" is very easy. "Bears" is very easy. "Virus" is not very easy. :mad2:

Timekeeper
09-23-2009, 08:56 AM
You didn't think that was very easy Quin??

Quindiana Jones
09-23-2009, 09:50 AM
NO. Very Easy should not require specific knowledge of the answer. Not everyone knows about virus', other than "they make me a little ill".

Good game, though. I'm just saying: for the start, I'd dumb it down a little. Virus, in my eyes, is more of an Easy/Medium difficulty.

Timekeeper
09-23-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't really know all that much about virus' I just used my comprehension skills to fill in the blanks xD

But yea, I see your point. Very easy probably should be... very easy :mad:

Jiro
09-23-2009, 10:30 AM
It's just viruses. No apostrophe unless it's possessive (with the exception being "it's" because English is a mental language).

Agreeing on the point though - sciency sort of stuff is not going to be very easy. Good idea though :)

Quindiana Jones
09-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Woops, yeah. My bad. Also, "it's" = it is. "Its" is possessive.

Jiro
09-23-2009, 10:36 AM
I didn't mean to be a grammar nazi xD

Formalhaut
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Sorry if its too not very easy for you...

Anyway, Quin got it first, so he has to get a excerpt from the Wiki and have us guessing :D

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2009, 03:12 AM
Huzzah!

Try this for Very Easy:

Although most _____ _______ installments are independent stories with various different settings and main characters, they feature common elements that define the franchise. Such recurring elements include plot themes, character names, and game mechanics. Plots center on a group of heroes battling a great evil while exploring the characters' internal struggles and relationships. Character names are often derived from the history, languages, and mythologies of cultures worldwide.

Jiro
09-25-2009, 04:51 AM
I almost put Forgotten Realms until I thought a bit longer and realised that it's actually Final Fantasy. I knew I had read that passage before! I can't believe I almost failed at that one. That would have been embarrassing :p

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2009, 09:47 AM
That would have been shameful, had you not got it. But you did, so it's OK.

Jiro
09-25-2009, 10:07 AM
I would have banished myself from this place had that happened. Here, have an easy one:

________ were introduced in the 19th century and now number about one billion worldwide, twice as many as automobiles. They are the principal means of transportation in many regions. They also provide a popular form of recreation, and have been adapted for such uses as children's toys, adult fitness, military and police applications, courier services, and competitive sports.

Sir Lancealot
09-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Bikes.

Blue Harvest
09-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Go-karts.

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Death Stars.

Jiro
09-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Lance has this one. Though the article specifically said bicycles :roll2

Formalhaut
09-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Death Stars.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Quindiana Jones
09-26-2009, 01:07 PM
It totally could have been Death Stars!

Sir Lancealot
09-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Sorry for the lateness. Have an easy one.

Earth is a terrestrial planet, meaning that it is a rocky body, rather than a ___ _____ like Jupiter. It is the largest of the four solar terrestrial planets, both in terms of size and mass. Of these four planets, Earth also has the highest density, the highest surface gravity, the strongest magnetic field, and fastest rotation. It also is the only terrestrial planet with active plate tectonics.

Quindiana Jones
09-27-2009, 01:20 AM
Ethereal behemoth?

EDIT: Yes, I just thesaurused "gas giant". Yes, I used the word "thesaurused". Yes, thesaurus is not a verb.

Sir Lancealot
09-27-2009, 03:05 AM
Wikipedia doesn't use such big words, but close enough.

Quindiana Jones
09-27-2009, 02:20 PM
The ______ (Odobenus rosmarus) is a large flippered marine mammal with a discontinuous circumpolar distribution in the Arctic Ocean and sub-Arctic seas of the Northern Hemisphere. The ______ is the only living species in the Odobenidae family and Odobenus genus. It is subdivided into three subspecies:[1] the Atlantic ______ (O. rosmarus rosmarus) found in the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific ______ (O. rosmarus divergens) found in the Pacific Ocean, and O. rosmarus laptevi, found in the Laptev Sea.

Formalhaut
09-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Im tempted to say Dolphin but Arctic areas? Does not make sense. As does Whale. :confused:

*Mulls Over*

Aha! Its a walrus, pfft that was so easy it took me 2.2 seconds!

Quindiana Jones
09-27-2009, 05:56 PM
I do these things for ANDREW TAYLOR. Walrus it wa(lru)s.

Formalhaut
09-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Right Guess its my Turn!

Ill make this as hard as I can..

The ____ _____ is thought to comprise two separate regions: a spherical outer ____ ____and a disc-shaped inner ____ _____, or Hills ____. Objects in the ____ _____ are largely composed of ices, such as water, ammonia, and methane. Astronomers believe that the matter comprising the ____ _____ formed closer to the Sun and was scattered far out into space by the gravitational effects of the giant planets early in the Solar System's evolution.

Try That one for Size. I think compared to the others (Apart from the Walrus one perhaps) this will get you thinking!

Jiro
10-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Milky Way? I actually have no idea :D

Timekeeper
10-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Milky way seems to large scale, it's something closer to us like the Asteroid Belt, or something?