PDA

View Full Version : What should I use to clean my laptop screen?

Goldenboko
09-22-2009, 04:56 PM
I thought just water and paper towel but it wasn't really gettin' some of the spots off the screen.

rubah
09-22-2009, 07:12 PM
honestly, I have been known to use newspaper and spit. I don't recommend glass cleaner unless your laptop screen is made of glass (which mine is now)

you'll just have to [gently] scrub.

Rantz
09-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Agreed with the above. All of it.

Goldenboko
09-23-2009, 12:23 AM
honestly, I have been known to use newspaper and spit. I don't recommend glass cleaner unless your laptop screen is made of glass (which mine is now)

Newspaper and spit? Wouldn't that like... smear? :Oo:

Namelessfengir
09-23-2009, 12:45 AM
heres the max pc way from the issue out now....
grab a microfiber cloth and gently wipe your screen to free it of dust fingerprints and any other smudges...
you can make you own screen cleaning solution using half and half distilled water and 70% isopropyl alcohol or get a premixed solution from any computer store.... never use windex or paper towels to clean an lcd screen especially those with antiglare
if using a crt use a few daps of rubbing alcohol to gently wipe away greasy spots from the screen

most of that i typed one handed

rubah
09-23-2009, 01:35 AM

Newspaper and spit? Wouldn't that like... smear? :Oo:

Desperate times, desperate measures.