PDA

View Full Version : "And..." what? (spoilers)

MJN SEIFER
09-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Ultimecia's final words end abruptly, giving the impression she died before they could be finished, or something else stopped her. Any thoughts on what the next line can be, (I am already expect at least one, R=U reply, so I'll live with it).

Yeah, couldn't resist these options, but this is a serious-ish topic.

Fynn
09-23-2009, 12:32 AM
I'll go with "... you have freed my from possession". It's basically because I do not wish to dement the R=U theory, 'cause I think that would fill a couple of plotholes, though would dramatically change the message of the game... Anyway, I neither approve or disapprove of it, I just find it intriguing and fairly likely, like many other theories.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-23-2009, 12:40 AM
"And...man, I'm hungry."

Quindiana Jones
09-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Aaaaaaaand....I'm done. *lights cigarette*

Seriously guys, I spoke with the writers and this is totally what they wanted to happen.

Kyros
09-23-2009, 05:16 AM
or "And...I'm tired of you guys having constant limits and being invincible so I'm just gonna take a break while you guys watch the ending."

MJN SEIFER
09-23-2009, 01:26 PM
I'll go with "... you have freed my from possession". It's basically because I do not wish to dement the R=U theory, 'cause I think that would fill a couple of plotholes, though would dramatically change the message of the game... Anyway, I neither approve or disapprove of it, I just find it intriguing and fairly likely, like many other theories.

To be honest being freed from possesion seams to be the most likley of the choice of them in my opinion even if you don't believe R=U. One member of this forum stated that Ultimecia may be possesed her self, and provided evidence by comparing Ultimecia's long speech to Edea's speech when she is saved. Who is possing, there could be a number of theories.

"And...man, I'm hungry."

And then she casts "Devour" on the party! :D ...Ok maybe not.

Aaaaaaaand....I'm done. *lights cigarette*

Seriously guys, I spoke with the writers and this is totally what they wanted to happen.

Works for me. :cool:

or "And...I'm tired of you guys having constant limits and being invincible so I'm just gonna take a break while you guys watch the ending."

Do you Xplode the game too? I'm currently on my first real playthrough.

Kyros
09-23-2009, 05:57 PM

Do you Xplode the game too? I'm currently on my first real playthrough.

Xplode = get/do everything in the game before I beat it? pretty much. I beat the weapons and final boss (along with others but these were the top fights in the game so might as well just list them) with Rinoa using invincible moon after everyone in the party had aura so they had constant limit breaks :)

MJN SEIFER
09-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Xplode = use a cheat device because I suck so much (well I used to, but I don't cheat anymore) My cheat device is called "Xplode" so if I had a GameShark I would have said "do you GameShark the game" sorry for the confusion.

Kyros
09-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I never cheat, and I always set games to hard mode first thing if there is one. Wish FFs had hard modes b/c they're always easy, but I guess I play them for the stories and characters and not so much the battle difficulty.

Rantz
09-25-2009, 02:18 PM
"And... well... that was all I had to say, really."

-kuri-
09-26-2009, 10:26 PM
"And....scene."

Although, the possession one seems more probable. Hate and evil probably possessed the goodness in Ultimecia, that's me assuming there's some good in her. But we'll never know...so its all up to our interpretation.

MJN SEIFER
09-26-2009, 11:05 PM
I never cheat, and I always set games to hard mode first thing if there is one. Wish FFs had hard modes b/c they're always easy, but I guess I play them for the stories and characters and not so much the battle difficulty.

I used to cheat, but I don't anymore hence why I am playing through VIII the first time normally (yeah, I know I'm late but that's the way it is). It's so much more fun working for all the items and abillites rather than have the majority of them at the begining.

To be honest, while FFVII and FFIX (the only other ones I have cheats for) at least make it so you can still lose the game (although it takes a lot longer as you have max HP/MP and all abbilities and items) FFVIII is almost impossible to lose with XPlode turned on, as not only does it give you 99 Holy Wars, but Squall is so powerful most attacks used on him don't even reach double figures! :roll2 The only things that where a danger to him on that playthrough where the two Weapons, and any monster that used "Level 5 Death" (Because on FFVIII the max level is 100, and that counts as a x5 level).

Yeah, I'm glad I don't cheat anymore, as it feels like I'm playing the game for the first time rather than just hastly rushing battles.

McLovin'
09-27-2009, 03:42 AM
And...it's gone!

Wolf Kanno
09-27-2009, 05:04 PM
And... I seriously need better writers. Really? I'm ending mid-sentence and looking like a retard? Its bad enough my first actual physical appearance lasts only five minutes before I get my ass handed to me and now you are going to make me sound like a retard on my way out the door? Even Zeromus got a decent death speech filled with that useless "I'll return" crap but me? No My last word is "And..." Smurf you Nojima and Square. Smurf you and your pretentious artsy bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:, I'm going to a Time bar and getting a drink and possibly laid...

Edit: I do know she actually says something in the ending but for the sake of an amusing joke just go with it. ;)