PDA

View Full Version : Letter time

Rye
09-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Do you like sending and receiving letters?

Do you do it often?

Do you find nice penmanship alluring, like I do? Do YOU have nice penmanship?

Do you have special stationary for sending letters? :)

BardTard
09-23-2009, 01:18 AM
Nah, I stick to email. It's more convenient. Every once in a while I'll mail my aunt.

Do you do it often?
Nope.

Yes. My handwriting is half-boyish, half-bubbly, very neat.

Do you have special stationary for sending letters?
Yes, but I never use it. At least not for its intended purposes.

41-Inches-Wide
09-23-2009, 01:19 AM
I'm not very partial to letters. I like receiving packages more. I think there's more to see in packages than in a very thin letter. I suppose that if it'd be a love letter from someone I like MAYBE I shall like it more than receiving packages. :kaoclove:

I LOVE looking at other people's penmanship, I often believe you can see a little of the person's personality in their penmanship. Mine's kinda odd though, because when I write in bold, capital letters, it always turns out so curvy. I can't write FORCEFUL LETTERS. Just like you can't write forceful letters with the comic sans font. xd

NeoCracker
09-23-2009, 01:28 AM
I hate letters oh so much. They can take days to receive, where as emails take a matter of seconds, and the message stays the same regardless of the medium.

Letters take more effort to accomplish the same thing as an email.

Now in cases were emails aren't possible, such as sending letters to and from Jail or bootcamp, it's fine.

And as a petty officer said to a bunch of us while I was still in Bootcamp myself, 'When I am on that boat, when I get a letter there had better be some candy in it.'

Of course, he hated letters with a passion, considering just how long they took to get there specifically compared to anywhere else, and navy boats do in fact have internet access, albeit it is all monitored heavily. :p

rubah
09-23-2009, 01:33 AM
My grandma gave me a kitten notepad, and it is traditionally what I write my letters on, although I haven't sent many out lately.

Rye
09-23-2009, 01:41 AM
I just bought some cute engrishy stationary that comes with cute envelopes. I love to send letters to people. I use pretty ink too, but my handwriting is very poor and it's embarrassing! My handwriting looks like I write like a child in elementary school with their hand wrapped around a crayon.

Vermachtnis
09-23-2009, 01:46 AM
I feel weird writing a letter. And the same when receiving a letter.

Do you do it often?
Nope

Yes, it looks nice. Sadly I do not most of the time. I have to work at it to look nice. Stupid taking not all the time has left my handwriting ineligible for almost everyone else.

Actually I do. But it's really girly.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-23-2009, 03:14 AM
I love receiving letters. I have one somewhere in which Joy just drew rainbows and monkeys in marker for pages on end.

I must admit I'm awfully delinquent in reciprocating, though.

Do YOU have nice penmanship?

The best.

Rye
09-23-2009, 03:15 AM
I'm jealous!

I keep the letters everyone sends me. I still have one from Paul with a giant raichu drawn on it.

Miriel
09-23-2009, 03:29 AM
I adore sending and receiving letters. I love paper in general, so I go nuts over letterpressed note cards, deckle-edged envelopes, handmade Japanese silk paper. So beautiful.

Del Murder got me a letter making kit a few months ago from Etsy. I went nuts wax stamping EVERYTHING. It's a ton of fun. I sent a wax stamped letter to Misfit. She told me she was gonna frame it. xD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/letterkit.jpg

I have :bou::bou::bou::bou: handwriting though. =/

Rye
09-23-2009, 03:31 AM
OH MY GOD. =O

How much was that on Etsy? I've always thought stamp seals were the coolest things.

Etsy is the hot spot for stationary though, for sure.

Miriel
09-23-2009, 03:39 AM
I think it was $20 for the kit? Can't remember exactly but it was around $20-$25.

Yar
09-23-2009, 03:43 AM
Do you like sending and receiving letters?Yes! :)
Do you do it often?No. :(
Do you find nice penmanship alluring, like I do? Do YOU have nice penmanship? Yes, I like fine penmanship. Mine is nice when I take my time, but my notes for school are... well at least their legible. :-/
Do you have special stationary for sending letters? :) Yes, but it is plain white paper that bought back in 2002.

I had a pen pal from Japan back in 2004 (I think). She was pretty cool; she sent me CDs on my birthday. :love:

If someone is interested in being snail-mail pen pal buddies with me, drop me a PM or something. :D I'd like to do it again.

Jojee
09-23-2009, 03:51 AM
I remember that Kishi xD

I love writing and sending and receiving letters, but I'm really lazy about it. Sometimes it takes a really, really long time for me to send a letter out. xD I'm pretty sure half of my 2007 Christmas cards are still sitting somewhere in my room, but now everyone's moved already. :x

rubah
09-23-2009, 03:53 AM
Miriel's post reminded me;

one of my first/best internet friends and I wrote letters for a little while. She was really big into scrapbooking and stuff, and she would use the most beautiful paper and envelopes. Like, the paper used for them was handmade (not by her, but~) with little things like flowers pressed into them. and the ink from her pen bled so wonderfully.

Mogi
09-23-2009, 03:55 AM
I lurves getting letters!
And they're fun to send too!

I have two distinctly different sets of handwriting. It starts bold and rounded and as I write it gradually becomes extremely thin and tall.

Evastio
09-23-2009, 03:56 AM
I send letters to my relatives every 2-4 months. I don't personally receive any back though.

I think my handwriting is decent enough, though some people have told me that my writing looks really nice. I write letters using my basic everyday handwriting not using anything special.

Raistlin
09-23-2009, 04:27 AM
I can't even remember the last personal letter I sent.

I also have terrible handwriting, though it's somewhat legible to others if I actually slow down. The only thing I write down anymore is notes, so it's generally only for me anyway.

~*~Celes~*~
09-23-2009, 07:11 AM
I LOVE sending/recieving letters! They're just so much more personal than email and somehow just more...fun :)

theundeadhero
09-23-2009, 07:25 AM
I love getting letters but I'm not so awesome at sending them.
My handwriting is well enough.

blackmage_nuke
09-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Depends on the contents of the letter.

Do you do it often?
I hardly think thats any of your business :mad2:

When I am bored in class scrutinise every detail in the handwriting of the person sitting next to me. I personally write block print when im trying to be neat (its a mix between cursive and block when im rushing)

No just a simple quill and any vial of blood will do.

Bunny
09-23-2009, 08:21 AM
No.

Rantz
09-23-2009, 08:25 AM
I love sending and receiving letters but as with most people these days it doesn't happen all that often. And yes, nice penmanship can be a gorgeous thing. My own is pretty bleh.

I have a folio of four classical Alice in Wonderland correspondence cards with matching envelopes that I have yet to use. :)

Breine
09-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Like so many others I love sending/receiving letters and packages. Because of e-mails and the interwebz it doesn't happen that often anymore.

Peegee
09-23-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm told I have very girly (ie neat) handwriting, which is a total lie since nobody who is female has legible handwriting :mad2:

I have some Winnie the Pooh note paper from this one time I wrote a thank-you note. But I don't have sparkle pen any more and I don't think I'll do another thank-you note in a long time, and even if I do it probably won't be in the style of Winnie the Pooh http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/130/58c490.gif

scrumpleberry
09-23-2009, 05:15 PM
It's fun, but I just don't do it all that often.

Marshall Banana
09-23-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm sure that I have the best handwriting ever!

Rodarian
09-23-2009, 08:20 PM
My friend and I send each other letters to each other every other month. Its really special and meaningful and even though my handwriting is rather horrible (I tend to rush midway) it sends a clear message we spent time and effort to write down instead of type down all our thoughts, desires and dreams. Enclosed are assorted gifts that we send each other..Its not of the expensive variety, rather its trinkets, sketched images we've drawn ,burnt music on his part, or my woven samples. Basically any other personal effects that we know we'll cherish forever.

This was also one the first time I professed my love (non sexual) for him and he vice-versa. Call it 'bromance' or whatever but those letter sending really did bonded/solidified our brotherhood to each other. Distance between us doesn't matter with letters. Its way to show insight into our souls..Emails are one thing but hand written letters are special in this day and age.

rubah
09-25-2009, 02:51 AM
I paid a visit to the mailbox tonight; Yaridovich can expect a letter in a few days!

Heath
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM

I do, though I only have one friend who I exchange letters with as we struggle to keep in touch online these days and letters are more fun than emails. I do, however, send and receive a lot of postcards all across the world.

Do you do it often?

Letters, probably one every month or two. Postcards, probably an average of about 12 a month.

Some, yes. Some of the fancier ones I'll admire and perhaps like for a short passage, but too much and it becomes a bit irritating. As for my own handwriting, it can be pretty messy but it's usually legible.

Not particularly, though I do tend to write with a nicer pen rather than a biro when I'm sending letters. Usually my fountain pen.

rubah
09-27-2009, 09:07 PM
damnit, heath, I owe you a postcard. One of these days.

Parker
09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
i like writing and receiving letters but my handwriting is AWFUL so I dion't* do it

*this typo reminded me of my favourite singer hehe!

Iceglow
09-28-2009, 12:47 AM
The only letters I seem to get are either, bills or bank statements telling me how little money I don't have. Therefore no I don't enjoy receiving letters so maybe people ought to send me nice letters to make me feel better :P