PDA

View Full Version : So I just got Persona 4...

Edge7
09-23-2009, 02:15 AM
...and so far, I'm loving it.

The story seems to be a mix of Death Note and Digimon (season 2). The gameplay and amount of preparation involved to win keep me drawn into the game. It took a while to get used to the Persona system, but I'm getting the hang of it.

My favorite character so far is Yosuke, and I have about 5 S.Links (maybe more, idk). I'm on the week where you have to rescue Kanji, whose shadow scare me.

So, any comments?

NeoCracker
09-23-2009, 03:16 AM
The story seems to be a mix of Death Note and Digimon (season 2).

The only thing it has in common with deathnote is people are being killed in supernatural ways, not nearly enough to draw a connection between the two.

And Digimon? WTF?

That said, this game is amazing. My favorite is easily Yukiko though.

Jessweeee♪
09-23-2009, 04:16 AM
It's one of my favorite games ever n.n

Teddy is probably my favorite character. Nanako is adorable and I want a little cousin just like her.

Also, I know you're a long long long way off from this, but when you get to the last day, the day you're meant to go back to your parents, DO NOT GO INSIDE THE DOJIMA RESIDENCE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IF YOU WANT THE TRUE ENDING. The game will practically force you there. It might take awhile to figure out, but that's the one thing you need to know to get it.

Wolf Kanno
09-23-2009, 04:27 AM
Loved P4, I really enjoyed the new aspects they added for the social links and the plot was excellent. Kanji and Naoto are easily my favorite characters from the title. I hope you enjoy it.

Vermachtnis
09-23-2009, 05:13 AM
Loved P4, I really enjoyed the new aspects they added for the social links and the plot was excellent. Kanji and Naoto are easily my favorite characters from the title. I hope you enjoy it.

Kanji was my favorite character too. Chie is my second favorite character. Galactic Punt rules all. Even though she sucks mid-game I kept on the front lines just for that.

Dreddz
09-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Definitely one of my favourite RPG's ever. I'm surprised by how much I was getting into the story. I still can't believe I sunk 90 hours into the game.

Jiro
09-23-2009, 11:34 AM
P4 is on standby while I wrap up a few other titles, but I've already sunk a few hours into it. I played it when I first bought it a few months back, just the once, and I couldn't turn it off. :D

Edge7
09-23-2009, 09:37 PM

The only thing it has in common with deathnote is people are being killed in supernatural ways, not nearly enough to draw a connection between the two.

And Digimon? WTF?

Well, yeah, in deathnote there are supernatural murders that L and co try to get to the bottom of, and in Digimon, they enter the digital world through computers to combat whatever evil is on the web using awesome monsters with super cool abilities to fight.

In Persona, there are supernatural murders that the MC and co try to get to the bottom of, and they enter the tv world through tvs to combat whatever evil is on the midnight channel (as well as rescuing anyone unfortunate enough to fall in), using awesome monsters with super cool abilities to fight.

... Just to prove I'm not 1000% crazy.

NeoCracker
09-23-2009, 10:49 PM

And Digimon? WTF?

Well, yeah, in deathnote there are supernatural murders that L and co try to get to the bottom of, and in Digimon, they enter the digital world through computers to combat whatever evil is on the web using awesome monsters with super cool abilities to fight.

In Persona, there are supernatural murders that the MC and co try to get to the bottom of, and they enter the tv world through tvs to combat whatever evil is on the midnight channel (as well as rescuing anyone unfortunate enough to fall in), using awesome monsters with super cool abilities to fight.

... Just to prove I'm not 1000% crazy.

Trying to solve supernatural murders is a very, very flimsly connection to make though. :p

I mean, supernatural murder mystery has been around for god knows how long, so a connection to those two is a big stretch.

And digital worlds are far from the realm of just Digimon, theres a large number of games that include that long before this game. Same with anime and movies. :p

And the monsters are standard fair for Shin Megami games.

And plus, I never got the impression of P4 having a digital world. It doens't even come acros as such, except for the tv portal thing. :p

Markus. D
09-23-2009, 11:30 PM
It's a beautiful creation, P3 but better, which is awesome.

Edge7
09-24-2009, 03:19 AM
Trying to solve supernatural murders is a very, very flimsly connection to make though. :p

I mean, supernatural murder mystery has been around for god knows how long, so a connection to those two is a big stretch.

And digital worlds are far from the realm of just Digimon, theres a large number of games that include that long before this game. Same with anime and movies. :p

And the monsters are standard fair for Shin Megami games.

And plus, I never got the impression of P4 having a digital world. It doens't even come acros as such, except for the tv portal thing. :p

Well... Yeah, it was just the vibe I got from a first glance. I know I'm stretching it very far, those were just two things that popped into my head.

But, yeah, the game is pretty sweet, although I haven't gotten any farther as I only play on weekends.

Aydin
09-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Isn't Dojima-san the hottest guy EVER!?!?

Edge7
09-28-2009, 02:59 AM
If I were Kanji, I'd probably say yes ;). I haven't got the chance to play, but I plan to tonight.

Wolf Kanno
09-28-2009, 05:13 AM
Now now, Kanji is just confused. ;)

Where are you at btw?

JKTrix
09-28-2009, 06:59 PM
I understood what he meant when he said Digimon 2 :p

Edge7
09-29-2009, 03:31 AM
Now now, Kanji is just confused. ;)

Where are you at btw?

Still training to beat Kanji. Haven't gotten much time to play, but I've gotten new personas and have improved a few S Links. I'm afraid I'm not going to have time to max them all though, I can never find Yukiko and the like.

Vermachtnis
09-29-2009, 03:48 AM
Very rarely are you teammates available to hang out during a mission.

sephireland
09-29-2009, 09:12 PM
On my list. Will certainly pick it up soon.

Edge7
10-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Just got into Rise's Channel. God I wasn't expecting that. I feel sorry for the guys during the camping trick. You'd think King Moron could hold his liquor; he seems like the type who drinks often :D. There definitely seems to be a bros before [girls] in this game, usually, most of the comic relief in this game is because the boys are together. (Some of my friends told me about some of the more infamous parts of the game, like the time the girls enter the bath at the wrong time and the boys go there expecting to bathe. I can't wait :p). All in all, I'm still not tired of this game this game. Major kudos to Atlas.

Laddy
10-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Deathnote and Digimon? o_O

That's like saying Styx is good minus everything that makes Styx bad.

Wolf Kanno
10-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Just got into Rise's Channel. God I wasn't expecting that. I feel sorry for the guys during the camping trick. You'd think King Moron could hold his liquor; he seems like the type who drinks often :D. There definitely seems to be a bros before [girls] in this game, usually, most of the comic relief in this game is because the boys are together. (Some of my friends told me about some of the more infamous parts of the game, like the time the girls enter the bath at the wrong time and the boys go there expecting to bathe. I can't wait :p). All in all, I'm still not tired of this game this game. Major kudos to Atlas.

That's a funny scene involving the bathhouse and its basically a nod to the similar scene from Persona 3.

Rise's world was pretty interesting and she's definetly one of the more adult fights in the game. The plot starts picking up soon...

Edge7
10-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Great! I can't wait, it's already got me hooked.