PDA

View Full Version : Most of You Will Answer WoL...

Evastio
09-23-2009, 03:50 AM
...since you're forced to use him during the tutorial and all.

So who did you first use in Dissidia? Not main, but the first character you ever picked and used in Dissidia (unless you first picked that character and also happened to main them).

I can't say mine unfortunately, since I've never even played the game yet. It would probably be Cecil (favourite FF character of all time). Even if he may be a bad character to start out with, I've always believed in using the characters you like, rather than characters that are "top tier" or "overpowered". Besides, I basically did the same thing to myself when I chose the Ice Climbers as one of the first characters I'd try out in Melee (I was completely new to playing the Smash Bros. series back then), and they've become one of my best.

Wolf Kanno
09-23-2009, 04:29 AM
Funny story actually... I chose Tidus cause I wanted to get him over with and before I even started his plot, I changed my mind and went with Cecil instead. I love Cecil even if he is tricky to use at higher levels. Terra is my main though. :cool:

Vermachtnis
09-23-2009, 05:19 AM
Bartz, he's my favorite main character. Plus he used other characters moves, so it helped when I went through other DOs. He's also the first character I got to 100.

Skyblade
09-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Bartz, he's my favorite main character. Plus he used other characters moves, so it helped when I went through other DOs. He's also the first character I got to 100.

Pretty much me here. Although, on my alternate playthrough, I used Cloud first so I can get Magic Pot and Exdeath level everyone else.

If only there was something that effective for AP. Even level 1 Chaos is annoyingly long to master everything with.

Ramza Beoulve
09-24-2009, 01:27 AM
I picked Warrior of Light, and went through his story. That made me learn quite fast how to battle (specially after the 3rd boss battle, and fighting a SuperBoss-level character)

After that, I used him as second main, being Squall my first.

espritduo
09-24-2009, 05:57 AM
Cloud was my first, simply because I went in order of easiest difficulty story to hardest difficulty. Once I got to the Onion Knight though, I just loved his playing style, and used him whenever I had a choice of who to play as. He quickly made it to level 100 without any grinding on my part.

If only there was something that effective for AP. Even level 1 Chaos is annoyingly long to master everything with.

Beckoning Cat accessory + Diamond equipment bonus + maximum AP Bonus day + AP Bonus + Chaos Battle = 54 AP per fight. A battle against a normal character under the same circumstances will still yield you 18 AP per battle.

Darkwolf090
09-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Cecil was my first and my main so booyaa
[!]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[/!][!]Session data[/!][!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">[/!]

FFIX Choco Boy
09-26-2009, 02:17 PM
I started with Cloud and took Terra as my main. I love how balanced the characters are, though. Like as Terra, there are 7 chars I destroy every time, 7 chars I'm about 50/50 with, and 6 chars that consistently wipe the floor with me.

black orb
09-26-2009, 08:55 PM
>>> One of the main reasons to get this game was to play with the Light Warrior so i picked it first and I kept using him till I beat Chaos, after that I played with Cloud..

Zeromus_X
09-27-2009, 05:16 AM
I started as Cecil, he seems like a good beginner character and coming from one of my favorite games was a plus.

Zeromus
09-29-2009, 12:32 AM
I first picked Zidane, cause I wanted to see Kuja and to use Kuja, I didn't know first how the villains were unlocked but I thought that playing the FFIX story would bring me near Kuja :P ...

DK
10-07-2009, 04:10 AM
I went for Bartz, because FFV is awesome and Bartz is a badman. First story runthrough was with Cecil but I didn't like him very much.

MoonZapdos
10-16-2009, 11:41 AM
I began playing FF: Dissidia as Cecil, but my main character is Firion. What annoyed me about playing Cecil was how I could almost never hit with Saint's Fall. I really didn't like the Paladin <-> Dark Knight changing system. Firion, however, is kickass. I love how he can weild so many weapons at the same time and make it look easy. I would've never guessed he would be so badass from the original game.