PDA

View Full Version : His name is SQUALL, DAMMIT!

Joethulhu
09-23-2009, 04:29 AM
I can't talk to my friends about Final Fantasy VIII for a single reason: they played Kingdom Hearts first.

The very first time I passively mentioned Squall, my other friend who is almost as much of a Final Fantasy nerd as me, got INTO the series through Kingdom Hearts. I've tried and tried to get her to call him Squall, but she CONTINUALLY calls him LEON! Me, the only FF Leon I know is Leon from FFII. PLEASE tell me I'm not alone in thinking that this is FF BLASPHEMY!

Wolf Kanno
09-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Most FF fans don't appreciate what Kingdom Hearts did to our FF heroes. I like the name Leon so I don't mind as much but I still call him Squall on principle cause its his actual name even in KH.

Kyros
09-23-2009, 05:14 AM
punch them in their faces?

Vermachtnis
09-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Doesn't bother me, it's just what they got used to calling him. If they don't wanna change, then don't force them.

blackmage_nuke
09-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Well technically you can rename Squall whatever you like so his name very well might be Leon.

Fynn
09-23-2009, 08:31 AM
But Leon Leonheart is kinda stupid...

I agree with Kanno. They still said Squall is his name in KH and he has his reasons to be called Leon. Both names are fine (although I think Squall is only fine because I got used to it. It's not even a name).

Shattered Dreamer
09-23-2009, 01:13 PM
As far as I'm concerned the only Leon I can think of in a video game series is Leon from the Resident Evil series anyone who calls Squall Leon in my ear shot is getting slapped!

Rocket Edge
09-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah I prefer Squall's name to be left alone, but it doesn't really bother me.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Well technically you can rename Squall whatever you like so his name very well might be Leon.

Or Robert (http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/FF8/).

Joethulhu
09-24-2009, 04:31 AM
I like the punching and slapping ideas.

sir helix
09-26-2009, 05:38 AM
for the longest time i called cloud [ningadude] (i mispelled ninja)
barret = mr t
red XIII = red
zidane = kora
squall = squall (ok i see your point)

thats just to name a few

Jessweeee♪
09-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Yeah, I had a friend that read the manga and didn't even know that Kingdom Hearts was a game. Leon isn't a terrible name, but I didn't like the reasons for it. Apparently it was to distance himself from the guy who let his home be destroyed, but I was under the impression that Squall was very young when this happened. Like ten-ish? I'm not sure where I got it, though.

line_genrou
10-02-2009, 04:43 PM
God dammit
It's Squall,alright.They even say that in Kingdom Hearts...they call him Squall sometimes,even thought he corrects them.
I can't stand when people call him Leon.

Heath
10-03-2009, 12:31 AM
I actually don't like the name Leon and have always seen it as one of those names people see as cool but I've always just found irritating. I don't think I've named him anything other than Squall though I'd sooner call him Ursula than Leon.

^OmegaShot^
10-03-2009, 08:31 PM
in KH2 they say squall changed his name to Leon because he wanted to forget his past...FRIGGING HELL WHY???????????????????

NorthernChaosGod
10-13-2009, 01:15 AM
I don't know anyone that calls him Leon, but holy hell does it sound like it'd be annoying.

Even in KH, yes his name is still Squall.

Jiro
10-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Don't bother trying to correct fools. It's a waste of your time ;)