PDA

View Full Version : TESTIFY!! *gospel choir in the background*

Rodarian
09-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Ok so I've been playing ff8 on the side again and I've reached the near end of disk two. (Battle of Galabadia, inside Galabadia)... Just before that during the FMV sequence of rescuing Rinoa, my Disk begins to freeze.

Oh the sorrow I was in!!! T_T ...I began to ask anyone who can solve this problem...Then my cousin suggested using toothpaste to clean any scratches...

Now this home remedy was rather new and dubious for me at best...So with the good ol internet I looked it up and saw a video instruction..

Long story short.. I tried it about hour go and with a quick prayer I reinserted the disk and behold!!! I got past that FMV sequence!!!

So my fellow Eoffs...What home remedy have you used or recommend for our daily lives. How often are these sort of remedies helpful.

Breine
09-23-2009, 09:34 PM
I tried that toothpaste thing once, and it didn't work :mad2:

Anyway, if you get a spot on your clothes, rub some hand-washing dish detergent into where the spot is.. and then when it comes out of the washing machine the spot should be all gone! :bigsmile:
...that's the only one I can think of right now.

Kyros
09-23-2009, 09:58 PM
use duct tape for everything?

Aerith's Knight
09-23-2009, 11:05 PM
use duct tape for everything?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xRFNBWST25E/SNLiWJhy0DI/AAAAAAAABV8/H2wkqzRuF5k/s400/duct_tape_baby_mianro.jpg

rubah
09-24-2009, 01:04 AM
stu always recommends toothpaste for cds!

I fixed my flipflops once with a paperclip.

Tavrobel
09-24-2009, 01:55 AM
If it's not supposed to move, use duct tape. If it's supposed to move, use WD-40.

rubah
09-24-2009, 03:50 AM
I have actually used duct tape as a hinge. Like all rules, the one tav stated have exceptions.

Tavrobel
09-24-2009, 03:52 AM
The exception is that if you have no idea what it's supposed to do, use both and hope for the best.

Unbreakable Will
09-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Testify?!?!?
GeneCo gave me my unbreakable elbow back, now I can 'bow people in the face without recoil again!

sorry, Testify is a song in Repo! The Genetic Opera. Shut up...