PDA

View Full Version : Does Cloud have OCD?

SuperMillionaire
09-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Seeing that Cloud was obsessed with becoming a 1st class Soldier and his severe regret for his past failures, does Cloud have obsessive-compulsive disorder?

Jaffer
09-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Cloud was hardly obsessed with becoming a SOLDIER First Class. It was his dream and boasted loudly that he gonna achieve it, didn't make it and didn't have the heart to return to Nibelheim a failure. And Zack and the Player Turk both encouraged him to keep at it.

SuperMillionaire
09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Yet he was still obsessed with his regret about his failures in AC, right?

Jaffer
09-24-2009, 03:24 PM
His tendency to distance himself out of regret and his inability to let go of said regret, definitely fits some of symptoms.

Big D
09-25-2009, 08:33 AM
He was dwelling over his past and his losses in AC, but that's understandable - if you consider everything he went through. From the destruction of Nibelheim to Hojo's experiments, from discovering and shattering his own fabricated SOLDIER identity to failing to protect Aerith, he had to endure degrees of pain and loss that most people could never compare to. And while he was going through all that, he had to lead a tiny group of misfits against a god-like enemy, with the fate of the entire world hanging in the balance.

Once that was all over, it's small wonder he turned inward and struggled to come to terms with it all.

Wolf Kanno
09-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Sad to say, but Cloud is too stable to have OCD unless you want to count that terrible squatting habit he got from Zack.

I'd say if Cloud suffered from any mental disorder it would be clinical depression or at worst, manic-depression. Nothing really worse than that. He's not as much of a headcase as say, Fei Fong Wong.

Ignoring all that, Cloud is just a quiet guy who spends his time predominately in his head.

Jaffer
09-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Stable? He starts out with 4 distinct personalities. Two of them are not his fault but still...

theundeadhero
09-26-2009, 08:57 PM
None of these are symptoms of OCD. Other mental disorders yes, but not OCD. His dream to be 1st class wasn't obsessive. It was personality.

Raistlin
09-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Seeing that Cloud was obsessed with becoming a 1st class Soldier and his severe regret for his past failures, does Cloud have obsessive-compulsive disorder?

He placed himself into Zack's life in his mind and you think he just had OCD? Or are you just talking specifically about FF:AC? In which case, I'd have to agree with WK that depression seems a more likely diagnosis.

SuperMillionaire
09-27-2009, 12:37 AM

He placed himself into Zack's life in his mind and you think he just had OCD? Or are you just talking specifically about FF:AC? In which case, I'd have to agree with WK that depression seems a more likely diagnosis.

More-so AC than other installments. I know that Cloud has clinical depression, but I figured that how he was constantly putting himself down in AC for his past failures and other misfortunes, he may have also developed OCD.