PDA

View Full Version : TGS 2009 Info for XIII

Wolf Kanno
09-24-2009, 06:43 AM
IGN: TGS 09: Final Fantasy XIII Update (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1027527p1.html)

Some new info recently revealed. For those to lazy to read the article, things to note:

Serah is Lightning's sister

Serah is also Snow's fiancee :love:

Serah and Vanille get along well.

Nora's headquarters are in a beach house at a tourist location in Cocoon.

Snow's official weapon is his trench coat...

There is a wind mechanic in the game that affect the environments and Sahz's afro.

There is a dark haired girl revealed in the Premier Party trailer who may be important (possible party member?)

The "launch" button from the demo has been removed and made to be automatic to make the combat system more user friendly.

NeoCracker
09-24-2009, 07:39 AM
And not sure how many places it's been revealed, but the last game informer revealed Lightnings summon is Odin, and instead of transforming you get to ride his horse. :p

Gilghamut
09-24-2009, 03:13 PM
PS3 FFXIII Bundle for Japan, a Lightning design on the cover of the system

http://gigazine.jp/img/2009/09/24/ps3_ff13/ps3_ff1305.jpg

Formalhaut
09-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Wow that PS3 looks absulutely incredible, shame I already have a damn PS3... Argh!

So Serah will be a big focus point then... hmmm imanginative, the focal point is a person. Hm.

Loony BoB
09-25-2009, 01:10 PM
What.

LunarWeaver
09-25-2009, 03:07 PM
This game is so fucking weird that I just cannot wait.

Rostum
09-25-2009, 11:38 PM

There is a wind mechanic in the game that affect the environments and Sahz's afro.

Awesome. :D

This game is so smurfing weird that I just cannot wait.

Yeah seriously. It's about time Square-Enix went a bit quirky and abstract.

Loony BoB
09-26-2009, 09:25 AM
No no no! It's not! :( A trenchcoat can't be used as a weapon while the game is supposed to be a more 'serious' game! Surely!?

Maybe he has a magical trenchcoat and it suplies him with magical powers which are his real attacks. Not his trenchcoat. He can't use his trenchcoat as a physical weapon. :(

NeoCracker
09-26-2009, 04:07 PM
No no no! It's not! :( A trenchcoat can't be used as a weapon while the game is supposed to be a more 'serious' game! Surely!?

Maybe he has a magical trenchcoat and it suplies him with magical powers which are his real attacks. Not his trenchcoat. He can't use his trenchcoat as a physical weapon. :(

Under normal circumstances no, but it all makes sense if Snow is really... JACKIE CHAN!

Wolf Kanno
09-26-2009, 05:24 PM
You apparently customize his trenchcoat to give him super powers a la The Tuxedo (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1Z4W5PpnPHo/SBlAmFYWpyI/AAAAAAAABco/seaf52wK_Jw/s320/Jackie%2BChan%2B-%2BThe%2BTuxedo%2BDvdRip.jpg)

NeoCracker
09-26-2009, 11:47 PM

Under normal circumstances no, but it all makes sense if Snow is really... JACKIE CHAN!

You apparently customize his trenchcoat to give him super powers a la The Tuxedo (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1Z4W5PpnPHo/SBlAmFYWpyI/AAAAAAAABco/seaf52wK_Jw/s320/Jackie%2BChan%2B-%2BThe%2BTuxedo%2BDvdRip.jpg)

Told you so. :cool:

Vermachtnis
09-27-2009, 12:00 AM
This game just go so much cooler.

JKTrix
09-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Was poking around on my Japanese PSN account and saw a trailer for FF13. 798MBs and it's still downloading, but I looked on YouTube and it looks like it should be the same trailer. 7 minutes long (and posted on the front page). Enjoy

YouTube - Final Fantasy XIII TGS 2009 Official Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfl36IiYkJo)

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-28-2009, 06:39 PM
I just watched the trailer. I am more excited for the game now. Looks pretty good. Lightening might look like Cloud but I get the feeling that she's gonna be completely different, at least personality wise. :D

PeneloRatsbane
09-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Wow, Serah is so beautiful. this game looks so awesome I wish i could afford a PS3

Xardrick
09-28-2009, 09:15 PM
I watched a trailer, i must say it's great, but one thing bothers me:D
That girl Serah is fucking small, young for Snow?? isn't she? Snow is like 24-26, Serah is like 12-13:Dlol

Ouch!
09-28-2009, 09:55 PM
More like Snow is just a freaking giant.

Shattered Dreamer
09-28-2009, 11:03 PM
I cannot wait for this game it looks & sounds amazing!

Wolf Kanno
09-29-2009, 02:24 AM
Really could have done without the pop song (the opening track was gorgeous though) and I hope the ship the party is on isn't the official airship...

I wonder if the guy with the scar will be a possible party member. He doesn't seem all that bad from the trailers and he kinda comes across as someone who just happens to be on the wrong side. Besides, his airship looked suspiciously like it could be a summon.

I still can't get behind the summons for this game. The transformation idea still seems pretty silly especially considering how grim the story and trailers tend to be.

I'm liking that they did learn from XII and have large city areas and open fields with walking monsters just going about their business. I feel its almost safe to say I might be pleased with the game side of things. The heavy melodrama of the trailer still has me worried about the plot but it was better than what the demo showed so I'm a little more hopeful than before.

I also agree that Serah looks like smurfing jail bait. The opening scene of the trailer was slightly ruined by me wondering how old she was and if Snow just might be tall for his age... :eep:

arcanedude34
09-29-2009, 03:04 AM
Serah's gonna die. Calling it now. Score one for predictable plot contrivances.

Wolf Kanno
09-29-2009, 06:29 AM
Predictable my ass... We pretty much saw what looked like a death scene in the trailer, though she definetly has a target on her considering she's very close to three of the major players of the plot.

PeneloRatsbane
09-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Yeah she is ur typical deathbait :(

Sword
09-29-2009, 04:13 PM
And not sure how many places it's been revealed, but the last game informer revealed Lightnings summon is Odin, and instead of transforming you get to ride his horse. :p
Odin transforms into the horse, that's why he looks rather gay.

Dreddz
09-29-2009, 06:48 PM
That girl Serah is smurfing small, young for Snow?? isn't she? Snow is like 24-26, Serah is like 12-13:Dlol

I noticed that as well. They will no doubt have similer ages. It would be cool if Sqare went down that dark road though. But, of course, it'll never happen.

That trailer has gotten me very excited for the game. While it isn't the revolutionary step I was hoping for, FFXIII could very well be the best RPG this generation.

LunarWeaver
09-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Odin transforms into the horse, that's why he looks rather gay.

I think the whole vehicle thing only ameliorates the game. Well, or a horse, which is not a vehicle. At first I wasn't all about it, but I think Odin galloping around is both hilarious and wonderful.

Wolf Kanno
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
I still think XIII will be the most unintentionally funny FF. I still roll my eyes and laugh at the summons and extreme wire-fu action of Lightning. Not to mention just some of the weird stuff like Sahz having a Chicobo living in his afro or Snow's weapon being his snazzy trenchcoat. :tongue:

Northcrest
10-01-2009, 11:28 PM
sort of off topic but i believe dat da characters will get more than 1 summon. even though i think it says dat each character will get only 1, though ifrit, siren, and carnbuncle won't be playable in battle. i don't think it would b fair 2 give some characters battle summons, and others nothin. i've also remember readin dat there will b pulse n cocoon eidolons meanin mechanical n enviromental ones. each character would encounter both types of fal'cie n recieve one of each

Jessweeee♪
10-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Does anyone else think it's funny that Shiva's face is practically in Snow's crotch when she's a motorcycle?

...or maybe it was just a really good photoshop job that I saw.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-02-2009, 05:39 PM
The TGS trailer has been dubbed (for like 99.999% of it). :D

FFXIII - TGS '09 Trailer - English Dub (Joystiq) (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/02/final-fantasy-xiii-tgs-trailer-this-time-dubbed-in-english/)

Dr.M
10-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Does anyone else think it's funny that Shiva's face is practically in Snow's crotch when she's a motorcycle?

...or maybe it was just a really good photoshop job that I saw.

i think its funny :p

i love this trailor, its the only one so far that has given us info in a bit more depth. sarah does look a bit young but snow is pretty tall compair to the other characters. the english voice cast sounds incredible. finally no more painful american acsents (vaan and sometimes tidus)