PDA

View Full Version : My Coliseum Wager Is An Elixir

Madonna
09-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Hello, my name is By Murder I Will Be Rydia. You might remember me from other threads such as Adding "X" To Your Name Is An Image Change and Can I Take That Back: My Name Sucks. Today, I will be extolling the virtues of getting a name change, how to do it, and why you should get one right now!

Did you know that names get stale? It is true! Everyday, millions of names get older and more boring, causing people to divorce, cease friendships, and kick children under the acceptable age of kicking! Old names often increase societal tension due to name recognition when it comes to grudges and family feuds, perhaps the number one reason society is decaying at such an alarming rate and homosexuals are procreating faster than rabbits! And that is not the end of it: the longer you keep a name, the more likely you are to develop a stock personality! That is right: your name becomes so familiar that you yourself are recognized and pigeonholed into stereotypical role that may or may not fit you! Nothing is less interesting than having people call out your next actions with accuracy!

New names have many benefits, the least of which is that you can become a babe magnet from a no-go within sixty seconds of having a new moniker! Why be StragoFan91 when you could be BalthierFan91; it shows you keep up with the times and know what sexy is! New names also release less gaseous toxins into the enviroment than older, less green names built back in 1990's when the only electric cars you could find ran on a child's play racetrack! You can seriously reduce your carbon footprint with a newer name; how cool is that? Getting a new name online is like getting a new face or haircut in the physical world; you do not always sport the same hairdo year after year, do you? Of course not, you trendy hip cool person you, so please do not treat your username the same! Watch compliments and comments come to you like they never have before; suddenly the friends you have not spoken with on Y! in over a year are messaging you like you never made that awkward comment about their sister!

Now after hearing all these rad and eye-opening facts regarding names both new and old, I can hear the question before it spills from your fingers: Hey, By Murder I Will Be Rydia, how do you get a name change? You might think this is difficult, but it is actually very simple! First, you have think of a totally sweet name! Then you send a Private Message to [Leeza] (http://forums.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=2161) or [Del Murder] (http://forums.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1390) with a request to get your old prehistoric name switched out with your newer and healthier choice! If either of those really chill admins approve of it, and why would they not, then expect back a congratulatory PM and a newly minted username gleaming in the top right corner of the forum!

But just so you know, you can only abuse this ability once in a great forever, so do not badger like a badger if you get tired of a bad name choice! Think wisely when picking a new name that fits you!

(alternatively, discuss old usernames, fellow member's terrible name changes, or why the second b in BoB should be lowercase)

Fonzie
09-25-2009, 02:58 AM
I wonder if you talk like this in real life! But I guess these questions are better asked for a more appropriate time in space!

Exclamation!

DK
09-25-2009, 03:03 AM
You will always be Lynxie to me my dear fellow. car 4 secks??

I should probably get a name change soon it has been a while since I've annoyed lonny bob with one. :wacky:

Agent Proto
09-25-2009, 03:12 AM
I can't ever change my name. Last time I changed my name, everyone got so mad and upset I had to change back. So chances of seeing my name changed? Only voluntary when an admin goes mad with power!

Momiji
09-25-2009, 03:44 AM
My past usernames never happened. >_>

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2009, 03:52 AM
Leeza and Del have barred me from ever changing my name again. :(

rubah
09-25-2009, 04:06 AM
I like this name ^_~

Tavrobel
09-25-2009, 04:21 AM
People would have better usernames if they knew how to pick them properly.

People's names are a no-no. Popular is bad. Elendil might be a valuable name, but one may find that there's not much one can do, especially if you suck at LotRish. Random numbers and Xs are bad. Random letters are bad. Appending a number to the end of a name, no matter how "significant to you" it is, is bad.

Locations are good. Naming yourself after a tree/town is even better. Hell, the username "Liverpool" is freakin' phenomenal. But, not all locations are created equal. Philadelphia is superior to Dallas, Washington D.C, or New York City. See why? Alternatively, if you can't do that, just put together an adjective and a noun that don't go together. Adverb-adjective are also acceptable, but only if the two words' meanings are contradictory and/or exclusive. Proper capitalization is paramount to success!

Almost every username ever created sucks. But not mine. It fills all of the criteria as posted above.

theundeadhero
09-25-2009, 04:25 AM
While being theundeadmonkey was pretty sweet for that short time, I don't think I'm ready to go back for it. It's not like monkey is monkey anymore. Then there was the time cl_out made me theundeadturkey and well turkeys aren't cool with me. Maybe I'll take up something else, like theundead...

Bunny
09-25-2009, 04:36 AM
I like my name. I doubt it will ever change.

Vermachtnis
09-25-2009, 04:40 AM
I used to be Omni Legacy. But that was corny. Now my name is hard to pronounce, so it is better.

Wolf Kanno
09-25-2009, 04:49 AM
I have one member who wished for my name to be changed to Onnak Flow cause they felt it was cool. I get enough guff from people when I change my Avatar and Profile pic so god knows what would happen if I changed my name.

Evastio
09-25-2009, 04:53 AM
Besides that one time where I asked people's input on a potential name change, there was no other time that I was close to getting my name changed.

Without all that input, I probably would've changed my name to Aspernatio, if anything.

Jiro
09-25-2009, 05:38 AM
I have one member who wished for my name to be changed to Onnak Flow cause they felt it was cool. I get enough guff from people when I change my Avatar and Profile pic so god knows what would happen if I changed my name.

I remember when your custom title was Annok Flow and I forgot to tell you it isn't actually Wolf Kanno backwards. Whoops :p

I changed my screen name to Jiro because I wanted something a little more original. It's stuck, and I don't really feel like changing it. Perhaps one day, far into the future~

Freya
09-25-2009, 07:32 AM
I felt that most people change FROM FF names so I went back to one. (I'm trying to be trendy!) Screw the five year run of lekana! Freya is where it's at yo! So get and FF name change today ;)

Breine
09-25-2009, 09:32 AM
But I liked "Lekana" :(

At one point I was thinking about changing my name to Kredepops, but I decided not to. I like my current one.

Old Manus
09-25-2009, 10:35 AM
I personally didn't like my username as soon as I registered but it's grown on me :foot:

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Old Manus used to live in a shoe.

EDIT: I tried to mix up another two nursery rhymes to show that I knew the mistake I made, but I couldn't think of anything good. :(

Old Manus
09-25-2009, 11:14 AM
I recall being called Old Mother Hubbard at one point

G13
09-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Eh, I like my name. I might change it one day but it took me a while to come up with this one. I doubt I could come up with a better one.

Blue Harvest
09-25-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't think I'll ever change my name on here.

Rantz
09-25-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm thinking about changing my name to tarzan21. y/y? :hyper:

Quindiana Jones
09-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Can't be any worse than "Rantzien". ;)

Psychotic
09-25-2009, 02:57 PM
The other staff members are furious at me for changing Lekana's name to Freya. I beat them all up because I am strong and cool and awesome, so it's fixed, no worries.

In unrelated news, I'm not allowed to do name changes ever again.

theundeadhero
09-25-2009, 03:38 PM
So, you'll never change my name to theundeadgraverobber like you would have in the past if only you had the power.

rubah
09-25-2009, 04:35 PM
He won't. Maybe I will :desu:

Jessweeee♪
09-25-2009, 04:43 PM
I felt that most people change FROM FF names so I went back to one. (I'm trying to be trendy!) Screw the five year run of lekana! Freya is where it's at yo! So get and FF name change today ;)

omg lek I thought you were some member I hadn't noticed much before that came back from a long absence xD

~*~Celes~*~
09-25-2009, 04:50 PM
My name has always been ~*~Celes~*~, and I'm always hearing complaints because of my tildes and asterisks :exdee:

Rodarian
09-25-2009, 05:06 PM
I like my user-name! Nobody has it so there! :P :P

Raistlin
09-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Tip: Never ask BoB for a name change. Well, unless you want him to rant about how terrible it is for known members to change their names.

I've never had my SN changed voluntarily, except for temporary events. I just don't care enough. It might take some effort even to find a staff member willing to do so.

The worst name change by far: Jojo's *^()&Moonlight Racoon~~*(^_^& or whatever it was.

theundeadhero
09-25-2009, 05:57 PM
That was pretty bad :p

Jojee
09-25-2009, 06:55 PM
That was a GREAT name. I just couldn't remember how to write it so I had to look up posts by myself and copy and paste the name into the login whenever I had to log in. :p

I liked Jojo until that stupid 12 year old popstar ruined it for me. Jojee is okay. Monkey was fine. tifal_bug was classic. XXXSephirothXXX was great. And everywhere else I go by Strawbee which is cute. Except for in RO where I've gone by 800 other names too. I can't keep a name for long, I'm too fickle xD

theundeadzombie imo.

theundeadhero
09-25-2009, 06:59 PM
I'll be theundeadmonkey again if you'll be monkey again, but we'll have to delete that... other one :shifty:

Freya
09-25-2009, 08:04 PM
The other staff members are furious at me for changing Lekana's name to Freya. I beat them all up because I am strong and cool and awesome, so it's fixed, no worries.

In unrelated news, I'm not allowed to do name changes ever again.

WELL THANK YOU PAUL! I knew you were always a freedom fighter!

I liked lekana too, that's why I still use it on everything. I just wanted a change on here :D

Tavrobel
09-25-2009, 08:08 PM
You got a downgrade. I don't think you can consistently portray the character traits of Freya (Final Fantasy or otherwise).

Freya
09-25-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm not trying to emulate a character more of reflect it's badassery.

demondude
09-25-2009, 08:27 PM
I've had my fair share of awful names. :D

Shauna
09-25-2009, 09:47 PM
I was once yuna_elena. Remember those days, guys? But, I decided to make a change to something less lame. My name worked fine.

rubah
09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Maybe I should start handing out random name changes for people who are bad.

LunarWeaver
09-25-2009, 10:45 PM
I got one name change. Most hated it and still do but I love it. I've perpetually cavorted since then.

Tavrobel
09-27-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm not trying to emulate a character more of reflect it's badassery.

Badassery is a trait. You still can't pull it off.

Ouch!
09-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Leeza refused to change my name to 'Ch! once because she couldn't pronounce it.

Quindiana Jones
09-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Who can't pronounce "Ch!"? Flambard D'Quinceteth is still the greatest name ever. YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. My dad made that name up when he was about my age. Is it not really creepy that a made up name by my dad had my made up name in it? No? Oh, alright. Quin is fine. Just not great. :doublecolbert:

scrumpleberry
09-27-2009, 03:05 PM
scrumpleberry is now the worlds stupidest name ever ever and I want to change it.

Lawr
09-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Speaking of username changes, I should get one soon. Any suggestions guys?

Old Manus
09-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Predeliction

krissy
09-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Lie Sander

Breine
09-27-2009, 06:26 PM
I got one name change. Most hated it and still do but I love it. I've perpetually cavorted since then.

At first I was like "Whut!? No more Lunar!?". But you're right, the current one is better :monster:

Quindiana Jones
09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
I like it because I can call him Noctacular. :bigsmile:

Breine
09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Noctacular Fantastico!

Heath
09-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Considered changing my name because this name is so 2004/whateveryearitwasichangedit, but couldn't think of anything and was also told not to by people in IRC. As far as I'm concerned, if I weren't socially accepted by people in #eoff I don't know what I'd do with my life.

Medi
09-27-2009, 10:49 PM
My old user name was medigodoom. So goddamn cheesy. I like my shortened version. :) I don't think I'll get it changed again.

Meat Puppet
09-28-2009, 02:44 PM
I once asked to have my name changed to A Walrus of Unfortunate Events but my request was declined and I was subsequently castrated (and have been repeatedly to this very day)

Quindiana Jones
09-28-2009, 02:45 PM
They refused "A Walurs of Unfortunate Stature Events"? That is horrendous.

Dignified Pauper
09-28-2009, 03:10 PM
I like my name, personally. Way better than Marick.

Also, Lynx, I don't know where you're getting your story, but whoever spilled the beans that we've been procreating a giant gay army, I need their name and SSN so that we can attack!

That said, I also pm'd Del and Leeza with an AMAZING idea for involuntary name switches.

Jiro
09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
It truly is amazing.

rubah
09-28-2009, 05:17 PM
I like Fonz's new name.

theundeadhero
09-28-2009, 07:11 PM
BoB refused to rename me Luv Monkey once.

Jess
09-28-2009, 07:26 PM
It makes me sad when people change their names and then I think they're a completely different person.

I'll be sticking with Jess. :jess:

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-28-2009, 07:39 PM
I have yet to change my name. If I ever did, I'd most likely would want to use one of my other handles such as "Aurus" or "Eoson". :D

krissy
09-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Almost every username ever created sucks. But not mine. It fills all of the criteria as posted above.

fictional places?

sooo like

HoneybeeInn ?_____?

Levian
09-28-2009, 10:05 PM
I don't like it when people change their names, no wait, not names, IDENTITIES. :mad2:

Not you though, Melissaur, you have my eternal blessing.

Melissaur
09-28-2009, 10:24 PM
my life is complete! ^_^

Lawr
09-28-2009, 11:16 PM
my life is complete! ^_^

I've been trying to get Levian's eternal blessings for years. How'd you do it? WHAT'S YOUR SECRET??

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME LEVIAN??

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Then you send a Private Message to [Leeza] (http://forums.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=2161) or [Del Murder] (http://forums.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1390)

Thanks for nothing, Genius.

I've never had my SN changed <b>voluntarily</b>, except for temporary events.

Hey, Rudy.

Raistlin
09-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah, hence the conspicuous use of "voluntarily" this time. :p

Levian
09-29-2009, 01:25 AM
my life is complete! ^_^

I've been trying to get Levian's eternal blessings for years. How'd you do it? WHAT'S YOUR SECRET??

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME LEVIAN??

Time, it needs time
To win back our love again

Tavrobel
09-29-2009, 01:57 AM
fictional places?

sooo like

HoneybeeInn ?_____?

Improper use of spacing. Even then, multiple-word names are bad. Next.

Madonna
09-29-2009, 02:06 AM
Oh, did you take over the duties without telling anyone!? I appreciated your rescuing me from the inept meanderings of a certain someone! If you took over name changes, I am sure more good ones would crop up!

All I am really hoping out of this are some awesome names and you guys are letting me down. Meat Puppet gets a bronze star for trying but getting shot down because he went over the twenty-five character limit!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-29-2009, 02:40 AM
Oh, did you take over the duties without telling anyone!? I appreciated your rescuing me from the inept meanderings of a certain someone! If you took over name changes, I am sure more good ones would crop up!

It was my job originally. Then I went away for like eight months, so Leeza took over. But then I came back. That was about two years ago! So, you know, it's okay to send me your applications again. It gives me such joy to be the arbiter of your very identities.

Madonna
09-29-2009, 05:46 AM
Yeah, maybe that is why I make extra accounts; the amount of control you exert makes me uncomfortable! I thought we should have something more consensual, my pretty Dragon Knight! I was gone for a bit too; mayhaps the lapse in communication began there!

Marshall Banana
09-29-2009, 05:55 AM
Right now, I wish that everyone was a Pokemon.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-29-2009, 06:12 AM
Yeah, maybe that is why I make extra accounts; the amount of control you exert makes me uncomfortable! I thought we should have something more consensual, my pretty Dragon Knight!

I Can't Love Nicely.

Tavrobel
09-29-2009, 06:50 AM
I approve of this new name so goddamn much, it's unbelievable.

Dignified Pauper
09-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Why has my idea not been followed through... Allie? Make it happen.

Madonna
09-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Uh, you are looking at it, sport!

Jiro
09-29-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm confused. This is not what DP said would happen :confused:

Old Manus
09-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Nothing Marick plans ever happens :-*

Dignified Pauper
09-29-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm confused. This is not what DP said would happen :confused:

I'll PM Allie later, because it would be for great justice.

rubah
09-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Everyone's looking now, mari. I'm embarassed.

Lawr
09-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Nothing Marick plans ever happens :-*

Hahaha you joker (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=marick).

Dignified Pauper
09-30-2009, 02:10 AM
Well since my plan was ruined, I guess I'll just unveil it. Again, I didn't fail, this was all Allie, Del's, and Leeza's fault.

I wanted an admin to switch Raistlin and Schlupquack's ID's. They failed. NOT ME! I thought of the brilliant idea.

krissy
09-30-2009, 02:13 AM
why
dont they have the same ip
aren't they married?

Dignified Pauper
09-30-2009, 03:13 AM
Loony BoB is actually their bastard Love Child.

eestlinc
09-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Tsunami Bren, in honor of the Indonesian tsunami.