PDA

View Full Version : This might sound crazy to most people!

Shattered Dreamer
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm thinking of buying a PS3 next week but I have a dilemma. The only tv I'll be able to play it on most of the time is quite old. I have to use the tv aerial cable from the PSX to play PS2 on the tv. The bloody thing doesn't have even a scart input on it! Would the PSX tv aerial cable work with the PS3 on the old tv? Can anyone help? I do realize this is gonna sound mental to pretty much everyone!

Shoeberto
09-25-2009, 09:36 PM
I believe the standard A/V output port on the PS3 is the same as PS2 and PSX, so you should be fine :)

Shattered Dreamer
09-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Cheers Shoeberto I hope it works or I'll have to finally shell out for a new TV:p

Anyone else know anything on the subject?

Ouch!
09-26-2009, 02:22 AM
If you have the money to buy a PS3, I'd suggest that perhaps you should invest in upgrading your TV first. Maybe that's just me, though.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-26-2009, 09:19 AM
PS3 are a lot cheaper these days, plus as far as I can tell, any decent size HDTV is going to cost you a pretty penny. Alternative, you can get LCD computer monitors with HDMI connection and use that. Sure your monitor might not have speakers (HDMI sends both audio and video signals) but if it is anything like my LG 23" monitor, it will have a headphone/speaker output as well. :D

I mainly use my PS3 on my old 27" TV with the simple analog/composite connections. Haven't used it much with my monitor but I have decent 2.1 speakers that fit into the headphone jack. :D

Shattered Dreamer
09-26-2009, 11:51 AM
PS3 are a lot cheaper these days, plus as far as I can tell, any decent size HDTV is going to cost you a pretty penny. Alternative, you can get LCD computer monitors with HDMI connection and use that. Sure your monitor might not have speakers (HDMI sends both audio and video signals) but if it is anything like my LG 23" monitor, it will have a headphone/speaker output as well. :D

I mainly use my PS3 on my old 27" TV with the simple analog/composite connections. Haven't used it much with my monitor but I have decent 2.1 speakers that fit into the headphone jack. :D

Cheers Summoner that confirms Shoeberto's comment cheers. I'll probably get a monitor later so:D

Ouch!
09-26-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm not quite sure where you're shopping that the price of a PS3 wouldn't buy you something pretty decent. I'm not talking about a huge upgrade to some great HDTV or something. If the TV is from the early 90's, buying something that one might consider an upgrade isn't going to cost an awful lot.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-26-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm not quite sure where you're shopping that the price of a PS3 wouldn't buy you something pretty decent. I'm not talking about a huge upgrade to some great HDTV or something. If the TV is from the early 90's, buying something that one might consider an upgrade isn't going to cost an awful lot.
I am the type of person that if I am going to buy something like an HDTV or even something better than my current TV, I'd want something worth my money and that's going to last. Also, the inner little technophile would not help. So maybe my idea of upgrade is a bit skewed. :/

Shattered Dreamer
10-03-2009, 12:43 PM
It worked!!! My PS3 works with the old PSX TV cable:D

Yeargdribble
10-03-2009, 05:27 PM
For the price of a PS3 you could get moderately small HDTV. Or you could get a very nice monitor with HDMI connections. I saw one (TN panel) that was 28" and 300 bucks. Was a Hanns-G. Still not bad for a monitor of that size. I'll probably upgrade to a pair sometime when I'm more impressed with certain features.

But I'd serious suggest looking into some monitors with HDMI connections if you use your PC for anything serious at all. Then you could kill two birds with one stone and get a better picture for your PS3.

ljkkjlcm9
10-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm like you, I bought a PS3 before I bought an HDTV. Honestly, it's more important to me to actually just play the games. But I do plan on getting a decent HDTV after christmas or so. Of course, my computer is an all out gaming LAPTOP, with HD and 6 gigs of RAM. I might as well hook my PS3 up to it lol.

THE JACKAL