PDA

View Full Version : Oink oink Griswalts!

snacks
09-25-2009, 09:45 PM
How many people do you know with swine flu personally?

I hear in PA it's pretty widespread, I'll be manning the stations and stocking up on bacterial hand wash.

Shauna
09-25-2009, 09:49 PM
My mother had suspected swine flu last week, and my friend's roommate had swine flu for sure, but I don't know of anyone who actually definitely had the disease. :D

snacks
09-25-2009, 09:54 PM
It was reported yesterday (?) or the day before a 28 year old from Pittsburgh died from it. That's really encouraging!

I'm not really worried because honestly, I think I over protect myself (to the ponit of making myself sick) from crap like that so I'll probably be fine.

Jojee
09-25-2009, 10:18 PM
There's been at least one confirmed case in my law school. Maybe more, but I don't keep up with this stuff. ^o^

rubah
09-25-2009, 10:35 PM
flu = virus, anti-bacterial = -bacteria

flu + anti-bacterial = flu - bacteria?

My friend at home has it. I don't know anyone closer that does

Aerith's Knight
09-25-2009, 11:16 PM
I wish I did. Death rate is still very low. By the time it mutates and actually becomes deadly you'd be immune.

BardTard
09-26-2009, 02:22 AM
Nobody. I know people who know people who "have" swine flu. I personally do not believe in the existence of swine flu. I think it's just a scare tactic of some sort. Of what? I'm not sure. But I know of a butt load of people and we're all a bunch of swine eaters and none of us are sick. I believe swine flu is all in the mind.

Whatever happened to bird flu, anyway? (I never believed in that, either)

Quindiana Jones
09-26-2009, 02:28 AM
My dad was diagnosed with it and given the meds for a week. Then he got better. Whether he definitely had it or not is an unknown, because he did what his company said and quarantined himself. I didn't get it though, even though I was in the same house for a week, forced to quarantine by the doctor and my company.

Freya
09-26-2009, 04:50 AM
Nobody. I know people who know people who "have" swine flu. I personally do not believe in the existence of swine flu. I think it's just a scare tactic of some sort. Of what? I'm not sure. But I know of a butt load of people and we're all a bunch of swine eaters and none of us are sick. I believe swine flu is all in the mind.

Whatever happened to bird flu, anyway? (I never believed in that, either)

Yeah it's actually the zombie outbreak. You've been warned o.o

It's not actually from pigs. lolololol It's the H1N1 virus, it's "deadly" because it mutates easily so it can't be treated well. Hence the few deaths. The reason they freak is because if it does mutate to something deadly they can't save anyone!

Believe what you will but it's not fictional! Swine flu was just the term it was given and people ran with it. If you pay attention the media is calling it H1N1 because the pork industry went down with sales because of a silly name of swine flu. If you eat pork you wont get swine flu silly goose! (yay animals!)

BardTard
09-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Hooray zombies! I constantly get the urge to fight zombies. Like, on a daily basis.

o_O
09-26-2009, 11:38 AM
I had it and it sucked. It was pretty much just a bad flu. I was under the impression that it's not treated differently from normal flu anymore, since it's so widespread and has mutated enough that it's not treatable by tamiflu anymore. In any case, the doctor just told me to go home and do some steam inhalations and sleep. He didn't even tell me I had the swine until I specifically asked, "is this swine flu?"

To be honest, I haven't even heard it mentioned in NZ or Australia for about three months.

Breine
09-26-2009, 11:49 AM
No one. But then again I also think a lot of people have had it without actually knowing.

Iceglow
09-26-2009, 11:57 AM
couple of the people from the topshop down the road from work were confirmed with cases of it, I had a mild case of it myself in the run up to and over my birthday, for a couple of days I had a temp so high I couldn't do anything

scrumpleberry
09-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Uhhhhh 3 or 4. Ish. I think.