PDA

View Full Version : It was sort of like the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits...

Loony BoB
09-25-2009, 10:50 PM
I once watched an anthology of stories, although I do believe it was a video (VHS) so it may not have been a TV series, which included a couple of interesting stories, one which I always keep thinking back to. I'd like to see them again someday but I can't for the life of me remember what the title of the anthology was.

The story in question was set in a world where time was money - literally. The currency of this alternate reality was time itself, and if you ran out of time, you died. I remember a scene where someone was at a party and was drunk and then kept buying drinks - but eventually their transaction was declined and it dawned on the person that this meant they didn't have much time left, ran to someone they knew and died. I thought the concept was pretty interesting. In another story - possibly the same one, although I don't think so - the world had no trees. They were literally considered to be mythical things that never really existed. The story followed someone who tried to convince others that they do indeed exist, and so on.

So, if anyone might have seen these stories and knows of the title, can they let me know? D=

EDIT: While I'm at it, there was another series which included a tree (or something) which would cause people to age rapidly when nearby it, or something like that. Any ideas on what that was?