PDA

View Full Version : Team ICO Considering ICO/SOTC PS3 Bundle

Gilghamut
09-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Team ICO’s Fumito Ueda has revealed he would welcome the idea of seeing PlayStation 2 classics Shadow of the Colossus and ICO ported over to Sony’s latest home console ala God of War I & II.

Speaking with 1up (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176239), Ueda admitted he initially wasn’t too keen on the notion of seeing the games jump ship to PS3, though has since had a change of heart. "Initially, I didn't want to consider that,” he said.

"I always thought they were designed for PS2 and should stay there. But lately, I've been thinking it would be nice to provide the games to other platforms to reach more users."

Ueda and the rest of the bunch over at Team ICO are currently hard at work on the company’s latest effort, The Last Guardian.

Ueda shows interest in ICO/Shadow of the Colossus PS3 bundle -- PlayStation Universe (http://www.psu.com/Ueda-shows-interest-in-ICOShadow-of-the-Colossus-PS3-bundle--a008186-p0.php)

krissy
09-26-2009, 06:44 PM
ok i guess im sold

theundeadhero
09-26-2009, 06:57 PM
If it's bundled with a slim model I might be convinced to pick it up.

Ouch!
09-26-2009, 08:13 PM
This would finally give me an opportunity to play these because I can't find them without paying more money than I have. ; ;

Shoeberto
09-26-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm all for it - particularly if it could clean up some of the frame-stuttering issues in SotC.

Vermachtnis
09-26-2009, 11:30 PM
That would be a shoe in for me getting a PS3. Everything I wanted on the 360 is getting ported over to the PS3, but with more stuff so yeah. And I never got to play Ico.

Quindiana Jones
09-27-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm buying a PS3 if this happens.

"it would be nice to provide the games to other platforms to reach more users." - I hate this sentence though. He just sounds like he's trying to make it not sound like he's just trying to grab more money. "Other platforms" indeed.

Ramza Beoulve
09-27-2009, 01:49 AM
AWESOME NEWS!!! Now I really want to get my claws on a PS3 Slim.

Excuse me, I need to go get another pair of pants.

musashius
09-27-2009, 02:30 AM
The purchase of my XBox 360 has now become my biggest regret. Even the PSP eventually moved up from "I should've just peed on a stack of money and ate it instead" to "yeah I guess hacking it could be pretty awesome".

krissy
09-27-2009, 03:08 AM
not a sure thing

and frankly its still worth finding both for ps2 rather than waiting until these remakes

Gilghamut
09-27-2009, 04:22 AM
I think the probability is pretty good since Sony owns the IP and Team ICO, like they do God of War and Santa Monica Studios. I'm guessing we'll see this around E3 of next year.

Bolivar
09-28-2009, 02:29 AM
The most important reason for this to happen is that games from older generations just don't look good on HDTV's.

That, and the fact that it's the Team Ico games...

It would be a great way to get people excited for the new one, and the HD remake is a worthwhile endeavor that is actually a legitimate reason to do a remake, other than just putting it on every machine you can (SE I'm looking at you).

sephireland
09-29-2009, 09:13 PM
This NEEDS to happen. Both games are wonderful.

Depression Moon
09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm not sure how they can do this. Most pS3s can only play PS1 games so we could play Ico, but what about Shadow? I never played either one and I would definitely purchase it in a heartbeat if it was in a considerable range like the Orange Box.

krissy
09-30-2009, 02:20 AM
I'm not sure how they can do this. Most pS3s can only play PS1 games so we could play Ico, but what about Shadow? I never played either one and I would definitely purchase it in a heartbeat if it was in a considerable range like the Orange Box.

both ico and shadow are ps2 exclusive games
ico was originally planned for the ps1 i guess but oh well
and the idea is that they remake the games, or up the texture quality or something. make them hd and stuff. so you wouldn't be able to play it on ps2 either.

Gilghamut
09-30-2009, 02:25 AM
One, ICO is a PS2 title, not a PSOne game. All Team ICO would need to do is just alter the engine for both games just enough so the PS3 can run it, while at the same time improving the framerate and smoothing of the graphics, plus adding Trophy Support. The God of War collection had the same thing done with it's engine.

Bolivar
09-30-2009, 02:26 AM

Similar to the God of War Collection, it's porting the code so that the two would actually be PS3 games. The point is to upscale and smoothe out the graphics so that the games actually look better on HDTV's as opposed to worse. Like the God of War Collection, I would assume that they would include trophies, establishing that these are PS3 versions of the game instead of emulated PS2 games.

Depression Moon
09-30-2009, 06:15 PM
There's a God of War Collection?

Gilghamut
09-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Yeah, there is. I posted about it here - http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/126989-god-war-i-ii-grace-ps3-fall.html

The God of War Collection comes out November 10th I believe

sephireland
09-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Would much prefer an ICO/SORC collection to GOW. Really hope it happens.