PDA

View Full Version : Commercial/Infomercial

Shiny
09-29-2009, 02:29 AM
For my Production class, we have to collectively decide on an idea via voting (Democratic way ftw) for an infomercial or commercial. The problem is, I'm not quite sure what would could do. The only other person to present an idea was some kid whose name I cannot remember. His idea was pretty boring though because it was just for a regular sneaker that he liked. I have few ideas of my own as of right now, but I could use some more input. The more the merrier.

Do you guys have any ideas as to what we could sell in the commercial or infomercial? I welcome items as absurd as possible.

Flying Mullet
09-29-2009, 03:19 PM
You could place an ad to give your allegiance to the highest bidding religion.

Rantz
09-29-2009, 03:30 PM
If you want a challenge (as well as a gold star sticker from your teacher), try a touchy subject. Fatty food, violent video games, cigarettes... Another possibility is to try something where the target audience isn't obvious, like TVs (broad audience) or panflutes (narrow audience).

Of course, if you just want it to be easy so you can be done with it, do the opposite of the above. Something few people has a problem with and where the target audience is clear from the start, like toys or razors or what have you.

Flying Mullet
09-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Of course, if you just want it to be easy so you can be done with it, do the opposite of the above. Something few people has a problem with and where the target audience is clear from the start, like toys or razors or what have you.
Or toys with razors.

Shiny
09-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Good ideas so far. I like the idea of marketing a dangerous toy to children like the MAD TV skit called, "Ovens for Kids". The problem is, since we will be shooting this in class, I doubt we'd be allowed to do anything involving actual razor blades because they don't want things like that in the school. There's not many stipulations aside from no razors, guns, knives, fire or anything like that. They're strict against that because some silly sally decided it would be a good idea to light a fire in one of the studios.