PDA

View Full Version : No other languages for spoken dialogue...

SuperMillionaire
09-29-2009, 10:33 PM
I just found some YouTube clips of the German, French, and Spanish versions of the game, expecting voice-overs in those languages; alas, audio was still in English, with only game text and subtitles in those other languages. Apparently, the European localizers didn't feel like providing new voice-overs; just taking the American version and translating only the game text and adding new subtitles...

black orb
09-30-2009, 11:15 PM
localizers didn't feel like providing new voice-overs; just taking the American version and translating only the game text and adding new subtitles...
>>> Wow, im surprised there are french and spanish text translations.. Obviously Game developers only care about Japan and USA (nothing new about this)..

SuperMillionaire
10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I also found a trailer for the Russian version of the game, but chances are, again, they won't use Russian voices; I wonder whether that version is gonna use either Japanese or English...

Zeromus
10-02-2009, 01:19 AM
I would have liked to see a spanish voice acting for the game... just to see if the could do some better voices for those messed up by their english actors... but that would have meant more money to the Square Enix people, so they just made subtitles ._. ...
It was predictable anyways...

I never liked translations over translations anyways... the dialogues tend to decrease quality and meaning a little bit everytime they are translated... nothing like playing with the original lines! :D

SuperMillionaire
10-03-2009, 05:48 AM
They did have German/French/Spanish voice acting for other games, such as Kingdom Hearts II, but perhaps, like you said, it'll cost them more money, and in this economy, every penny counts.