PDA

View Full Version : I would have liked...

MJN SEIFER
09-30-2009, 12:04 AM
To have actually been able to read the Laguna Articles in Timber Maniacs. Selphie's articles on them are interesting, but It would have been good to have had an option the read the actual articles.

By the way, how does Selphie's website (or whatever it is) work anyway? She uploads articles, about articles? That's a new one...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-30-2009, 12:22 AM
That's how most news sites work, really. Everyone just reports on what everyne else is reporting.

I see what you're saying, though. The game really needed all the Laguna it could get.

Wolf Kanno
09-30-2009, 05:56 AM
I'm all for Laguna getting love. Would it have killed them to give him and his team an additional Limit Break?

Anyway, if there was one thing I wish VIII had done its actually explain what the smurf the GFs are. What actually separates them from normal monsters and how does junctioning actually work? It bugs me to no end.

I also wish they had done more with the Centra. Playing through the game recently, they amount to the Ancients from FFV. If its old and high tech they are responsible... that all you need to know... Except their civilization was only wiped out 50 years prior to the story. You would think you would have ran into a couple or at least have a few characters mention they can trace their lineage to them that goes beyond them founding Dollet and Esthar kingdom centuries ago...

Heath
09-30-2009, 12:02 PM
I always saw that as it being a kind of journal written by Selphie about the adventures of someone she really likes reading articles by and as her way of sharing the stories with the world, rather than people having to read the articles themselves.

I would have liked more of the Garden stuff. Doing some more missions as SeeDs and developing the characters and environment of Balamb Garden a bit more. From my very first playthrough, Balamb Garden was always one of my favourite FF locations.