PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, Which game should I buy next?

Depression Moon
10-02-2009, 02:25 PM
I'll be getting some money in about a week and I've been debating to myself for a couple of weeks trying to decide which game to buy. I only want to buy one since games are now $60. There are a lot of good games coming out this fall despite what people are saying about everything going into next year. Here's a list of things I'm considering.

Tekken 6
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Muramasa The Demon Blade
Batman Arkham Asylum
Brutal Legend
Uncharted 2:Among Thieves
Fight Night Round 4

Out of all of those I think the two I want the least would be T6 and Muramasa. I love the Tekken series, but I feel that not that much has changed from 5 and Muramasa because it looks like it's short and it's for the Wii so I'll be playing it on someone elses system.

Breine
10-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Personally I'd go for Tekken 6.

But maybe Brutal Legend or Uncharted 2 are worth considering too, because they look like a lot of fun.

Dreddz
10-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Uncharted 2 obviously.

Rocket Edge
10-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Modern Warfare 2. That game will be just awesome, as well as incredibly addictive. Tekken 6 & Uncharted 2 look very cool too.

Bolivar
10-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah I would say it has to be Uncharted 2. What everyone has been saying is that it's one of the most phenomenal experiences this year. Experience, not game, because game necessitates a critque of each element. Apparently, the elements aren't even noticeable because it erupts in this amazing single player experience unlike anything else out there.

The multiplayer demo is out, so check that out if you haven't. I can personally attest it's awesome, both co-op and competitive.

Depression Moon
10-02-2009, 10:04 PM
I've tried the Uncharted demo and I am displeased. For one it took two and a half days to download and it took pretty long to just connect into the game. I haven't even really played anything. When I create matches I'm running around shooting at the air for ten minutes waiting for someone to come and when I try to find players, 80% of the time I can't find any and when I do I just get kicked out when the game starts loading the arena.

This is giving me an opposite hype for the game.

Markus. D
10-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Apart from the stealthy bits at the start, definetly Uncharted 2!

Slothy
10-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 are the only ones I'd bother with. Batman might also be good but I haven't played it, and frankly it never interested me half as much as those two titles. Even if they both turned out to be only as good as their predecessors they'd still be among the best titles released this year.

Nifleheim7
10-03-2009, 02:07 AM
Out of the games you mentioned the only ones that interest me are Tekken 6,Uncharted 2 and Muramasa.
I have the same opinion as you about Tekken (although i'll buy it) and as much as i like Muramasa (from what i've already seen) there is no contest between it and Uncharted 2.

So yeah,buy Uncharted 2.:D

Breine
10-03-2009, 06:52 PM
After having watched the video review of Uncharted 2 on gametrailers.com, I'm suddenly very excited about the game myself. It looks really good.

Rase
10-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Arkham Asylum is quite fun in my opinion, especially if you're a big fan of the comics/animated series. The combat is simple, but the fights are great to watch and play, especially when you really get to using your punches, counters, stuns, and batarangs (and you really need to eventually). Plus a lot of time it's better to not hop down among the later gun-toting, knife-wielding convicts and just use your sneaking skills to dominate.

However, I would be remiss if I didn't recommend you look into Uncharted 2 heavily. I haven't played it and probably won't for some time, but with so much positive buzz you would be wrong to at least not look into since you have a PS3.

JKTrix
10-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Thinking strategically (as far as lasting value for money), if you have the ability to rent stuff, I would consider that as well. So I'd buy Tekken, since you can kind of play a fighting game forever, and you can rent everything else and return it once you've exhausted Single Player.

If it took you 2 days to download the Uncharted demo, it may be safe to say that you won't be playing online much in any game. Things like Modern Warfare and perhaps Uncharted will survive longer if you play Multiplayer.

If you can't rent, then I would probably say Batman (or Tekken, though I don't like Tekken). While I'm not quite on the Uncharted bandwagon myself, it is at the top of my rental Queue.

Depression Moon
10-05-2009, 01:12 AM
I appreciate the advice Trix. It's working for me fine now. By some miracle I got a wifi connection and didn't have to settle with my poor wired connection. We had some pretty epic fights and a couple of embarassing losses, but that last one was a good one to leave off on. I think I might consider getting T6 and renting Arkham Asylum. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 also looks great. So many choices.

The Space Pope
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM
doom 2 and kings quest 1

Shattered Dreamer
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm gonna be totally bias & say buy Batman Arkham Asylum because I own the game & quite frankly its awesome. It's the perfect mix of puzzle solving & action plus its Batman:D Alternatively get Tekken 6:D

Kyros
10-08-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm somewhat biased since I've played every tekken and some of them vs my friend more than either of us have played some rpgs we've beaten (and we're both the kinda guys that have to get/do everything before beating the final boss). We've probably played vs in Tekken 5 for a few hundred hours each easy. So yeah, I'm hyped for Tekken 6 ^^