PDA

View Full Version : Okage: The Shadow King

Moon Rabbits
10-04-2009, 05:17 PM
I mentioned this game in the JRPG thread and got no lovin'.

Has seriously NO ONE played this? It's the best RPG. Ever. Other than the Mother saga. Which is in a similar vein to this game.

Seriously! Go play this game, now!

Larahl
10-04-2009, 06:12 PM
I did! I did!
Awesome game, and very amusing. I've been wanting to replay it in the last month.

scrumpleberry
10-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Tell me more about it!

Moon Rabbits
10-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Tell me more about it!

It's for the PS2, it came out like ... 10 years ago almost. Here is a quick synopsis of how the game opens:

This is a story about an ordinary boy named Ari who lives in a remote village named Tenel. Everything starts as a normal day would. Ari is sent on an errand to pick up bread for dinner. The next night, the circus came to town. However, Ari missed it, because he instead listened to his father's ramblings about an unusual bottle he had found. That same night, his sister is attacked by a ghost and falls under a curse in which she can only speak Pig Latin. The family turns to the bottle for help. After agreeing to sell their souls to the devil, they hold a séance, thus summoning a ghostly butler named James. James is a servant of the Evil King Stan, descendent of the Great Evil King Gohma, who terrorised the world 300 years ago. Stan can only take form in this world by possessing a person's shadow, so he holds a contest to find whose is the best. Ari is determined to be the winner, and Stan possesses his shadow and makes Ari his slave. Stan easily disables the curse, but turns Annie's shadow pink in return.

THE EVIL KING STAN. SERIOUSLY. ITS smurfING HILARIOUS.

Hahahaha omg and and
Stan and Ari learn of a "Map o' Evil Kings", which shows the locations of other Evil Kings in the world.

Map o' Evil Kings. The writing in this game is top notch. I fucking love it.

scrumpleberry
10-04-2009, 07:46 PM
ahahaahah i wnant to play this now

kikimm
10-06-2009, 01:07 AM
I bought this game like 4 years ago and never played and now I think I might have recently given it away. Pretty lame, I know. It looked like it would be a blast, but I just never got around to it. :( Why do you make me feel such regret >=(

I Took the Red Pill
10-06-2009, 01:38 AM
such an awesome, hilarious game. now I have the urge to play it.

Madonna
10-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Okage is a brilliantly written game with great music, interesting graphics, but I was never enthralled with the gameplay! I ran in so many circles when stuck on plot points and battles are not so interesting to me! That aside, the writing, the entire situation, and the characters are awesome! I love nothing more than forcing other people to play it because they protest at first, but then quickly succumb to quirky oblivion!

Laddy
10-06-2009, 06:30 AM
A very good game. Charmng, clever, and hilarious. The gameplay's got some neat concepts too.

TheAbominatrix
10-06-2009, 06:35 AM
I'm gonna have to give this game another shot. I tried to start a game recently and got a little frustrated with the load time. But if you guys say it's awesome, I'll give it a go.