PDA

View Full Version : Original NES version of Final Fantasy I now available on the Wii Virtual Console

Crossblades
10-05-2009, 06:35 PM
IGN Advertisement (http://wii.ign.com/articles/103/1031298p1.html)

Fans of the legendary FINAL FANTASY series should be especially pleased with this week's downloadable game lineup. Making its Virtual Console debut is the original FINAL FANTASY, an NES classic that can now be enjoyed on the Wii system for the very first time. For hand-held gaming action with a sci-fi twist, this week's new Nintendo DSiWare title, Thorium Wars, lets you take control of an arsenal of vehicles to blast through waves of enemies in a variety of exotic locations. If it's a more down-to-earth experience you're after, check out an engaging new WiiWare puzzle game. Consumers should also note that today is the final day of a special promotion: You can receive 1,000 bonus Nintendo DSi Points by purchasing a new Nintendo DSi game system and connecting to the Nintendo DSi Shop by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on Oct. 5, 2009. For full offer details, please visit DSiOffer.Nintendo.com.

Virtual Console

FINAL FANTASY
Original platform: NES
Publisher: SQUARE ENIX
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: The world lies shrouded in darkness. The winds die. The sea rages. The earth decays. But the people believe in a prophecy, patiently awaiting its fulfillment. "When darkness veils the earth, four Warriors of Light shall come...." After a long journey, four young travelers did at last appear, and in the hand of each was clutched a crystal.

Wolfen
10-05-2009, 07:42 PM
About damn time I say!

I am so excited now. Too bad I don't got enough Wii Points. Still waiting for my free NES game after downloading the Internet Channel.

So, have they changed the script at all?

Crossblades
10-06-2009, 03:37 AM
Usually games that are released on the Virtual Console remained untouched from their original releases. So I really doubt there were any script changes

theundeadhero
10-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Just the description alone in the quote you posted is different from the original NES. I wouldn't be surprised to find more changes.

Depression Moon
10-07-2009, 02:55 AM
What took them so long to get it on there? It's almost been three years since their system released. For shame Nintendo.

Wolfen
10-07-2009, 05:08 AM
The description IS a bit misleading.

I'm disappointed in the video quality of it. Scanlines across textures going sideway, top screen appearing at the bottom for a second when going horizontally.

Also disappointed that they didn't fix the "ineffective" glitch OR change the censored images back to the originals.

KentaRawr!
10-07-2009, 01:44 PM
I wonder if they'll take out the White Wizard's middle finger.

IXVI
10-09-2009, 01:59 AM
i HATE script changes SOOO much...especially the GBA CHANGES....:trout:

Levian
10-10-2009, 12:08 AM
But I want to play the PSP version without buying a PSP! PSN better get to work. :mog: