PDA

View Full Version : FFIV(Final Fantasy 4) Translated

IXVI
10-06-2009, 07:12 AM
So, took me forEVER to find this freakin game...i been wanting to play it for a while but places were only PAY TO DOWNLOAD...so anyways, finally found it and it was "Translated"..so i thought "hey its free, it's what i've been lookin for what the hell, right?". There's a lot of swearing than in this game and vulgarity in general..i liked it. it wasn't no watered down, censored, edited crap. it was really interesting. there should be more "translated" final fantasy roms >;/..

Wolf Kanno
10-06-2009, 09:04 AM
I always have some apprehension from translated games that have heavy swearing going on in them, mostly cause what little Japanese language I took implied that vulgar swearing is done very differently in their culture than ours. The closest swear word I know in Japanese is kuso and that word has been translated into almost every swear word in the English language from all the dubs/subs I've watched, making it difficult to discern what the word actually means.

I can see kuso being used a lot in the games but I still question if some of the translations made are correct. Just my :twocents:

Personally, I may never be able to see a translation for this game better than the GBA/DS ones. :love:

IXVI
10-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Personally, I may never be able to see a translation for this game better than the GBA/DS ones. :love:

I can't even tell you how much i agree with this statement :bou:

Roogle
10-13-2009, 06:06 PM
It might be better to download a ROM of the Gameboy Advance version as that has a much better translation and localization than the J2E translation of the original Super Nintendo ROM. It has everything that the SNES version has aside from a couple features; at the same time, though, it has a few bugs in the battle system and gameplay.

IXVI
10-13-2009, 09:01 PM
It might be better to download a ROM of the Gameboy Advance version as that has a much better translation and localization than the J2E translation of the original Super Nintendo ROM. It has everything that the SNES version has aside from a couple features; at the same time, though, it has a few bugs in the battle system and gameplay.

Yeah, I was bummed I couldn't switch out characters like in the GBA version...but all in all, I liked it alot. do you know where i can find a uncensored/translated rom of the GBA version?

Zeromus_X
10-14-2009, 12:07 AM
I can see kuso being used a lot in the games but I still question if some of the translations made are correct. Just my :twocents:

"Kuso" literally means "excrement", it's often translated as "damn it", "crap", ":bou::bou::bou::bou:", or other worse things. It's basically your all-purpose vulgarity.

I'm not a big fan of the J2e translation since, like DeJap was fond to do, it added swearing or other plot points that weren't even in the original games.

If you want a true localization of FFIV, I would have to recommend the GBA or DS versions.