PDA

View Full Version : The Seven Things Tifa Hates (and Likes) About Cloud

SuperMillionaire
10-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Here's a fun thing for us to do.

YouTube - 7 Things I Hate About You Cloud (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhPpzgI-v6Q)

Inspired by both Cloud's dreary mood in Advent Children and the song "7 things" by Miley Cyrus (which she wrote about her ex-boyfriend, Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers), please give me a list of seven things Tifa hates (and likes) about Cloud.

The sample lyrics below explain the seven things Miley hates about Nick:

The seven things I hate about you:
You're vain
Your games
You're insecure
You love me, you like her
You made me laugh, you made me cry, I don't know which side to buy
Your friends, they're jerks, when you act like them, just know it hurts
I wanna be with the one I know
And the seventh thing I hate the most that you do:
You make me love you

And this sample explains the seven things that she likes about him:

The seven things I like about you:
Your hair
Your eyes
Your old Levi's
When we kiss, I'm hypnotized
You made me laugh, you made me cry, but I guess that's both I'll have to buy
Your hand in mine when we're intertwined, everything's alright
I wanna be with the one I know
And the seventh thing I like the most that you do:
You make me love you

Keep in mind, these lists refer to what Miley hates and likes about Nick. Let's change the perspective to the seven things Tifa hates about Cloud. Try to think up a list that relates to Cloud's positive and negative traits that Tifa picks out.

Happy listing!

FaithWontFall
10-23-2009, 12:02 AM
7 things Tifa loves about Cloud:
1)Hes brave
2)Hes always there for her when shes in a pickle (or a bind i think she calls it) or at least he promises to always be there for her
3)He's good with the kids
4)He saved the world
5)He's actually got a pretty good sense of humour when he uses it
6)He has nice eyes (and hair too)
7)He's her friend, since childhood, a positive link to her past (her past might not seem all that great, so maybe Cloud makes it great)

7 things Tifa hates about Cloud:
1)He's kind of selfish in his 'i cant protect anyone' viewpoint.
2)He's a negative thinker
3)He's too worked up over Aerith's death when he couldnt actually have saved her anyway. (how do you stop a guy jumping from the sky?)
4)He seems to always show up late (and that really bugs her :mad:)
5)He has too many swords
6)He's too quiet
7) He's a fussy eater! (he never eats his greens!:roll2 What's he like!)

SuperMillionaire
10-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks! Wow, I've been waiting quite a while for a pair of lists. Anyone else wanna join in?

FaithWontFall
10-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Come on people, it really makes you feel better when you can list the good and bad points of the alltime best hero (in my opinion anyway)
Not that its why we all love and hate him (heh heh *guilty look*)

black orb
10-23-2009, 08:40 PM
>>> 7 things Tifa hates about Cloud:
1- His mako eyes
2- His Sephiroth obsession
3- Being an Emo
4- His Aeris obsession
5- His soldier uniform
6- His cocky attitude
7- Being an Emo again...

>>> 7 things Tifa loves about Cloud:
1- His Big sword..
2- His Big sword..
3- His Big sword..
4- His Big sword..
5- His Big sword..
6- His Big sword..
7- His Big sword..

SuperMillionaire
10-24-2009, 05:27 AM
Uh, black orb, on the first list, you listed one thing twice, and on the second list, you only listed a single thing for all seven...

black orb
10-24-2009, 06:21 PM
>>> Yeah, this is a free world..

FaithWontFall
10-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Haha she must REALLY love that big sword!
I cant believe i missed out the Sephiroth obsession!

SuperMillionaire
10-25-2009, 12:10 AM
That's one massive sword, all right! And the song lyrics "you love me, (but) you like her," also ties in with Aerith.

FaithWontFall
10-25-2009, 11:53 AM
That's one massive sword, all right! And the song lyrics "you love me, (but) you like her," also ties in with Aerith.

But does he?:) Is that just his Zack memories popping up for an unwlecome visit?
:D i agree that is a huge sword/ they all are, seeing as he has so many throughout the game.

SuperMillionaire
10-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Well, he was still Aerith's friend, and failed to save both her and Zack's lives, and became obsessed with his failures...

FaithWontFall
10-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes but both times it was impossible to save them. I understand why he became so upset about it, but really there was nothing he could have done. If Zack couldnt kill all those stupid military men when he didnt have mako poisoning, then Cloud couldnt have with or without the mako poisoning.
And Sephiroth was coming down from the sky, Cloud was too late for Aerith. It's sade but in the long run he saves more lives than he doesnt. :)

SuperMillionaire
10-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Yes, he saves an entire planet, and while he can be dreary, he does sometimes have a sense of humor (although it's rather dry and ironic), and has a number of hobbies, and also has a soft spot for children.

All heroes seem to dwell on the fact that they can't save every single life, but they saved many more lives than did not.

FaithWontFall
10-25-2009, 09:30 PM
:rolleyes2 Silly heroes, what are they like!
I like his humour, i think my fave line from him is when Barretts dressed in a sailor suit and Cloud says 'you look like a bear in pyjamas'
One day in the future Tifa will drill it into him how he couldnt save everyone because then he'd be a Summon. :D

SuperMillionaire
10-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Yes, she'll drill it into him.

"Dilly dally, shilly shally."

FaithWontFall
10-30-2009, 11:05 PM
i love the Dilly Dally Shilly Shally line. Super.
I hope her drilling works, because if it doesnt... its out with the old hammer and nails again. :rolleyes2 well if he doesnt learn what does he expect?!:)

SuperMillionaire
10-31-2009, 03:14 AM
LOL

Hey, you're back now! How are you?

Yep, she'll probably have to hit him upside his head...

FaithWontFall
10-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Yup. Im back. :D
Hitting him upside the head, she does that quite often. He's forever trying to steal her makeup. ;)

SuperMillionaire
11-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Tifa: Snap out of it, Cloud! (hits Cloud upside his head)

Cloud: Ohhhhh... Ow, Tifa, what was that for?!

FaithWontFall
11-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Tifa: You know very well whats got me :mad:! That's my favourite lipstick, it doesnt even suit you for Petes sake! Hand it over now or i will have to make you pay!

Cloud: Dont flatter yourself Tifa, it doesnt suit you either!

Tifa: *glares*

Cloud: Eep! *cowers*

SuperMillionaire
11-01-2009, 02:51 AM
LOL!

He was once a drag queen in Final Fantasy VII.

Oh, and as a sidenote, if you listen to the song in the video, Tifa = Miley, and Cloud = Nick. Tifa gets frustrated with Cloud's vain outlook on himself, so she lets him have it!

FaithWontFall
11-01-2009, 01:35 PM
I have yet to hear the song,perhaps it should be on my list of things to do. :)
He was an admirable drag queen, it took a lot of guts to do what he did and his friends have never let him live it down since (escpecially Vincent, who aspires to try it someday too. ;))

SuperMillionaire
11-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Perhaps next, he'll dress up as a clown... "Cloud the Clown."

Christmas
11-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Poor Performance in bed? :bigsmile:

Psychokitty
11-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Things she hates about Cloud:
1. He's compensating for something with those huge swords of his...
2. He's in love with a dead person.
3. He's insane! (Well, he keeps seeing Areiss and Zack after death!!!)
4. He's too steriotypical (Seriously, what is up with all the blonde haired-blue eyed heroes!?!?!? Cloud, Naruto, etc.....).
5. He keeps pushing her away.
6. He forces her to wear the pants in the family (Well, he is pretty insecure, and Tifa is such a Dominatrix!).
7. He's a pessimist (It must be hard being optimistic with a pessimist around).

Things she likes:
1. He saves the world a lot (and by default, her).
2. He's super-strong (The sword?) with lots of stamina (Giggity).
3. His hair.
4. His eyes.
5. He's just that awesome.
6. He can LEARN! (Most guys can't. We always make the same mistakes..... When it comes to girls, it seems... o.o)
7. He's smexy (TO SOME PEOPLE!!!! I'm not gay, dang it!)

SuperMillionaire
11-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Well, dman, Tifa's shorts got longer, but they still didn't cover all of her legs, only reaching down to just above her knees...

...But there was a time when he was happier and more optimistic, but as of AC, he's the World's Biggest Pessimist... After he defeats Sephiroth again, he becomes happier, and then people will be like, "is that really Cloud?"

Psychokitty
11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Well, dman, Tifa's shorts got longer, but they still didn't cover all of her legs, only reaching down to just above her knees...

...But there was a time when he was happier and more optimistic, but as of AC, he's the World's Biggest Pessimist... After he defeats Sephiroth again, he becomes happier, and then people will be like, "is that really Cloud?"

To the first point... It is an expression. I'm saying that she's the one in charge in their relationship. o.o

And yea, Cloud was a happy kid at one point.... Back in his hometown before he left for SOLDIER. I sometimes think Cloud's a masochist... He's only happy when he's getting beat up by Sepiroth before killing him out of nowhere...

SuperMillionaire
11-02-2009, 11:51 PM

To the first point... It is an expression. I'm saying that she's the one in charge in their relationship. o.o

And yea, Cloud was a happy kid at one point.... Back in his hometown before he left for SOLDIER. I sometimes think Cloud's a masochist... He's only happy when he's getting beat up by Sepiroth before killing him out of nowhere...

He looks like Cloud Strife, a slim, average-height young man with spiky blonde hair and glowing blue eyes, who wields a really big sword. He sounds like Cloud Strife, a voice that can change from timid to angsty from time to time. He moves around like Cloud Strife, swiveling his limbs as he walks, as if he just got off an enormous chocobo and had to stretch to get his feet into the stirrups, and when things get hectic, he is very agile. But does he act like Cloud Strife?

Mr. Strife has developed a reputation for being the world's biggest pessimist, but recently, the dark gray cirrus clouds have faded, and instead, white, fluffy and feathery clouds have taken its place, along with the sun and a bunch of colorful rainbows, indicating that the sunshine has engulfed his mood; he smiles more often and has a sense of humor with a dry, ironic wit, and that doesn't sound like him at all.

That does it. Where's the REAL Cloud Strife, and what have you done with him?

Psychokitty
11-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Wha? What are you talking about? What does any of that have to do with my post?

SuperMillionaire
11-03-2009, 03:44 AM
Sorry, I needed to clarify that the above post would take place after Advent Children.

Psychokitty
11-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Erm, just Cloud in general. o.o

SuperMillionaire
11-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh...

Meat Puppet
11-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Are you really a millionaire? Because I could use some cash.

SuperMillionaire
11-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Not right now, but I hope to be someday... and when I am, I'll give you some cash. It's a goal.

Meat Puppet
11-04-2009, 03:16 PM
And hey, for the right amount, I’ll be willing to do anything (if you catch my drift).

SuperMillionaire
11-04-2009, 03:36 PM
What exactly do you plan to do for me?

Meat Puppet
11-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I was thinking fellatio, but if you have any other ideas... I mean I’m not gay or anything I just want the money.

SuperMillionaire
11-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I think we should move our discussion to private messages. I'll PM you soon. Now back to topic in this thread.

FaithWontFall
02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
By moving that convo to PM you just made it sound a little more suspicious, lol. and you denied us all the interestingness of it. Lol.
:D
What about the 7 things Cloud hates about Tifa... i have some pointers.

7 things he hates about Tifa:
1- she could beat him at hand to hand combat
2- she knows all his secrets (:eek: and there seem to be a lot)
3- she can figure him out, therefore he loses his mystery factor with her
4- she secretly saved the world (;) theres one Square doesnt tell us)
5- she sings loudly in the shower and wakes him up to Cheryl Cole, making his first thoughts in the morning 'im gonna be sick' (sorry, song is overplayed and annoying in my opinion)
6- she does her hair up at the bottom and not at the top, which just confuses him.
7- she can use all her limits at the same time. Ha.

7 things he loves about Tifa:
1- he doesnt have to fight potential boyfriends off coz she does it herself
2- she makes first class cookies.
3- shes not afraid to dress up (cowgirl! What was she thinking?)
4- she supports him (have to have a serious one here somewhere, :))
5- she owns her own bar... hes got free access to alcohol round the clock!
6- she tried to understand his love of Fenrir
7- she loves him.

SuperMillionaire
02-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Interesting. I wonder what seven things Nick hates/likes about Miley, as Miley = Tifa and Nick = Cloud.

Yes, Tifa beats him in battle, IF she knocks the sword out of Cloud's hands, but judging from the size of that thing, she'll have a tough time... If Cloud does not have a sword on him, then she'll put him in a toaster oven and burn him up.

Cheryl Cole of the UK dance-pop girl group Girls Aloud, or Sheryl Crow, the country singer?

FaithWontFall
02-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Cheryl Cole from Girls Aloud.
Who is Nick?
I think Tifa has tricks up her hidden sleeves that could make Cloud lose his sword. I have total faith in her not that i dont have faith in Cloud, but shes always been my strongest fighter when i play 7, without her id never make it pass a single Boss. :D

SuperMillionaire
02-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Nick Jonas is a member of the rock band The Jonas Brothers, and Miley Cyrus is his ex-girlfriend.

And Tifa wears sleeveless, so...

line_genrou
02-14-2010, 04:58 AM
Rock band?

SuperMillionaire
02-14-2010, 04:59 AM
Yes, Genrou.

FaithWontFall
02-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Darn youre smart... Tifa does wear sleeveless, BUT she may still have a trick just hidden somewhere else.
I think ive heard of the Jonas Brothers. :)

SuperMillionaire
02-20-2010, 06:58 PM
I wonder that that trick would be... how can she knock the sword out of Cloud's hands when the sword is about as large as he is?

And have you listened to any of the music by the JBs?