PDA

View Full Version : Cool Facts

Laddy
10-07-2009, 06:32 AM
Name cool facts about stuff!

My dad played basketball in high school with Skylark, the current bassist for the Doobie Brothers, in the 70's.

My mother was FFA sweetheart for the county.

I've been in the newspaper five times. Once for Boy Scouth (ugh), once as a child, and three times due to theatre.

Bunny
10-07-2009, 06:35 AM
I shot a man in Anchorage just to watch him cry.

Marshall Banana
10-07-2009, 06:45 AM
The voice actor for Gaston in Beauty and the Beast actually looks like him!

Markus. D
10-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Jasper Hale and Alice Cullen are the two hottest people in history.

Jessweeee♪
10-07-2009, 07:36 PM
If you include Pluto as a planet, and use the average height for humans, then align the solar system and scale it down to the size of the human body, Uranus would be where your anus is o:

Rodarian
10-07-2009, 08:02 PM
If you include Pluto as a planet, and use the average height for humans, then align the solar system and scale it down to the size of the human body, Uranus would be where your anus is o:

ROFL IMAO!!!!!

An average person can't kiss their elbows....

Don't even try dislocating your shoulders... Unless you're Mr Fantastic or Elasto Boy :P )

Jojee
10-07-2009, 08:45 PM
wtf Jesswee xDD Did you just make that up?

Mogi
10-07-2009, 09:04 PM
McDonald's is the largest toy distributor in the world.
:</>|

Yar
10-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Bunny strangely is the first person to reply to Laddy's threads quite often.

B=L? :Eek:

Jessweeee♪
10-07-2009, 10:25 PM
wtf Jesswee xDD Did you just make that up?

I had a bunch of tiny cards with strange facts printed on them. Of course that's the only one I'd remember xD

Agent Proto
10-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Ever wondered who invented the keyboard you're using? You probably know it already without even knowing it. The typewriter was invented by Hungarian immigrant Qwert Yuiop, who left his "signature" on the keyboard which is still used for the computers.

aquatius
10-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Jackie Chan plays lots of Disney characters in the cantonese dubs and even sings (he was the beast!).

rubah
10-08-2009, 01:51 AM
my mom was homecoming queen;

one BTU of energy will heat one pound of water (about a pint) one degree fahrenheit. One kilojoule of energy will heat one kilogram of water one degree celcius.

My thumb is roughly 7/8 of an inch wide at the joint

honey can be used as an anti-septic.

Markus. D
10-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Esme and Carlisle Cullen foster the two hottest people in the world.

Madame Adequate
10-08-2009, 08:45 AM
The bomb dropped on Hiroshima was called Little Boy and was dropped by Enola Gay. The bomb dropped on Nagasaki was called Fat Man and was dropped by Bockscar.

Jiro
10-08-2009, 08:57 AM
My first gold medal was for shot put as a 6 year old. I was pretty strong in those days :p

The Space Pope
10-08-2009, 11:45 AM
My third nipple lactates Iowa-Class interdimensional battle cruisers powered by the souls of pharohs.

Timekeeper
10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I know a girl who can lick her elbow. It doesn't look weird or anything, her tongue isn't especially long and her shoulder doesn't dislocate, it's amazing!

I own a copy of 'The Book of Useless Information' which contains thousands of useless, random and often cool facts :D It's basically my bible.

Rodarian
10-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Timekeeper: Show me proof!

On average I vocalize about ten different sound effects during any conversation...

The Space Pope
10-08-2009, 08:32 PM
ITALIAN AND SPANISH ARE THE SAME LANGUAGE

Markus. D
10-09-2009, 12:13 AM
If you were to spell Jasper Hale and Alice Cullen's names backwards, it wouldn't change the fact that they're still the hottest people in the world.

Freya
10-09-2009, 12:38 AM
If you were to spell Jasper Hale and Alice Cullen's names backwards, it doesn't change the fact that they're still the hottest people in the world.

But he's so bug eyed D:

If you google my full name the entire first page results are actually me. Baloki Use to be on the second page but now he's not.

You chew on the same side of your mouth as what hand you write with! Usually.

There are currently scary green clouds outside my window :(

Bunny
10-09-2009, 01:09 AM
If you were to spell Jasper Hale and Alice Cullen's names backwards, it wouldn't change the fact that they're still the hottest people in the world.

Seeing Ashely Greene naked is still one of the greatest moments in my life.

Evastio
10-09-2009, 04:52 AM
My dad's birthday is exactly a day after mine.

Six out of my seven siblings (if you include me) wear glasses.

Rowan Atkinson used to be a civil engineer before he went into comedy.

When Bill Cosby was young, he was athletic and into sports.

Jackie Chan used to be a constuction worker. He actually got the name "Jackie" from a worker there named Jack who gave him the nickname "Little Jackie." Jackie Chan's actual birth name was "Chan Kong-Sang."

Timekeeper
10-09-2009, 07:06 AM
Rodarian: Although I don't know her too well and it might be odd when I try and take a photo or video of her, I'll do what I can.

I Took the Red Pill
10-09-2009, 07:38 PM
When Bill Cosby was young, he was athletic and into sports.
No. Fucking. Way.

Flying Mullet
10-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Spiders and other insects move via hydraulics. Their legs are basically hollow pipes and they increase the pressure in their legs to extend them, then release the pressure to contract them. This is why bugs always have their legs folded up when they die, as there is no pressure exerted in the legs to extend them.

Markus. D
10-09-2009, 10:14 PM
If you were to spell Jasper Hale and Alice Cullen's names backwards, it doesn't change the fact that they're still the hottest people in the world.

But he's so hottestguyintheworld eyed D:

I totally and absolutely second this!

Levian
10-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Chinese Checkers originated in Germany.

Women originated from snails, they have long hair to hide their slimy antennas. "Women" with short hair are simply men trying to pose as women. (See Sinead o' Connor for reference.)