PDA

View Full Version : The Road (Hype!)

Yar
10-08-2009, 05:10 AM
YouTube - The Road - Official Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbLgszfXTAY)

I'm so excited for this movie! :D Has anyone read the book? I liked it, even if it gave me nightmares.

Jessweeee♪
10-08-2009, 05:35 AM
I just checked out the book, but I haven't read it yet. I'll have to renew it 'cause the due date's coming up ;_;

Yar
10-08-2009, 07:27 AM
READ IT

Madame Adequate
10-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Too colorful. But it still looks good.

Parker
10-08-2009, 12:09 PM
This might be good, but nearly as good as it should be.

I Took the Red Pill
10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I seriously couldn't get into the book at all when I bought it when it first came out. Maybe I'll give it another chance and read it before the movie comes out (probably not)

Breine
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I'd really like to read the book, so I don't know if I'll wait to see the movie until I've read the book or not.

But yeah, excited about the movie and all. Viggo is a cool dude, yo.

Rye
10-08-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm with Keith, as much as I try to enjoy this book, I just cannot. Perhaps it's because it is so grey and barren. I know the point of that is because it's a book about the apocalypse, but I still couldn't enjoy it.

I'm excited for the movie though.

Parker
10-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I too found it difficult to read at first, but it's brutal bleakness is what makes it so good.*

Go on wikiquote or something and I'm sure you'll find something memorable that will make you want to try again.

*They'll never make the movie as bleak as the book, which is why it will never be as good as it should be

(This has been another parker srs psot, heh)

Boney King
10-08-2009, 06:22 PM
The trailer made it seem, I dunno... a little too action-y, like that other film about the apocalypse that's coming out soon, 2012. I know it's just a trailer, but I feel like it will give people who haven't read the book the wrong impression.

I really loved the book, and I will absolutely give this movie a shot, but I'm not expecting much.

kikimm
10-09-2009, 01:35 AM
I'd really like to read the book, so I don't know if I'll wait to see the movie until I've read the book or not.

But yeah, excited about the movie and all. Viggo is a cool dude, yo.

I think you should definitely read it first, especially cause the book isn't even 200 pages. I read it in just a few days, it's extremely easy to read - or it was for me anyways, the pages just flowed by.

So yeah I'm extremely fucking excited for this movie, particularly because of Viggo Mortensen playing the man. I think it's gonna be great. :D

XxSephirothxX
10-09-2009, 01:48 AM
The Road is by far the most accessible novel Cormac McCarthy's ever written, which is both good and bad. That makes it the most emotionally intense, but it's also much less complicated. Most of his other novels would be far too difficult to adapt into films, though. But if it's half as good as No Country, it will be excellent.

Mogi
10-10-2009, 12:44 AM
I never once found this book difficult to read. On my first read-through, I binged for three days straight. On my second read-through, I binged for two days straight.

I love this book so much. My literature-enthusiast friend, my Creative Writing teacher, and I are all going to the theater to see it when it comes out.
:</>D!

Yar
10-21-2009, 02:10 AM
Release Date pushed back to 11/25. :(

supergame123
10-21-2009, 04:50 AM
have read it ,so interesting.